The Girly Thread

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: The Girly Thread

Postby Pit » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:24 am

Dot wrote:I've heard of people selling dresses in shops selling second hand or what some call preloved clothing. Perhaps a search on Google to see if there is one in your area. I sold mine in a shop which sold second hand and end of line clothing.
Also some people sell privately via classified adverts in local papers.

Anyone who's used Bonanza before? I was reading about it over here https://www.1and1.co.uk/digitalguide/on ... ould-know/. It sounds pretty good. No costs unless something sells. Plus, it syncs with eBay so items that sell on one will be ended on the other. Girls, I thought I would share this because it's a no-brainer to use it if you already have your listings on eBay!
Pit
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Dot » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:06 pm

I have a wedding to go to in November so hope I might pick up something in the sales before then.
I'd like to get something I'll wear again so it will either have to be a nice dress or maybe a trouser suit.

I want something that will be warm enough to stand around outside in but don't want to look like an Artic explorer.
If anyone has any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them.

All the weddings I've been to in last few years have been summer ones where you could wear a sleeveless dress and a jacket.
Last one I went to I had sheer tights but it was so hot I took them off when I got to reception.
I had smart sandals though not a great success when you're standing on grass and your heels sink into the soil.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:41 pm

Maybe everyone has already heard about this but for those who haven't here goes.

Cancer Research UK on Byres Road are selling brand new items with tickets from 10th September for two weeks.

I was reading about this this morning on my way to work and just thought it might be of interest.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Random Distractions