East Kilbride town centre

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby gallowgategal » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:51 pm

gallowgategal wrote:Am I alone in wondering what on earth happened to Mrbrain in East Kilbride ?
I haven't been there myself for years ( although spookily I'm collecting a parcel from there tomorrow) but I don't think the place was that offensive !
:?

I've changed my mind. I hate East Kilbride too !!
Not really but got totally lost going to Kelvin Industrial Estate and lost my way coming back as well. Left work at 3.30 and didn't get home to Gallowgate until 5.45. :x
have I missed anything ???
gallowgategal
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Cazzie » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:52 am

anyone old enough to go up the dancing at the Olympia?

I remember queueing to see - wait for it - Les McKeown's brother!!

Used to go on a Monday night (nice girl from St Leonard's - wasnae allowed to go at weekends!) - the whole idea was to dance looking as bored as possible, making minimum movements. The guys stood rigidly still except for one swinging arm...

Quite envy kids now - much more style and tolerance. In my day if you didn't have the Simon shirt you weren't anybody.

:)
"Look, we can't fall into old patterns.
We have to think of a plan!"
- Lisa Simpson
Cazzie
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Schiehallion » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:11 pm

MadameZiggy wrote:
tobester wrote:worked in westwood in 1991-92, used to go to My Fathers Moustache, then The Stork.

Never knew there was another pub called My Father's Moustache apart from the one in Aberdeen (now The Monkey's Noose I think)!

Was there not one at Brigton Cross? Or was that The Moustache My Father Wore?

Sorry I'm bored at work right now.
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: East Kilbride town centre

Postby mrbrain » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:23 pm

its not a nice place east kilbride town centre due to stewards who arent worth a sausage and clientel who are complete deadbeats with no motivation in life I never want to drink there ..
mrbrain
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

east kilbride town centre

Postby mrbrain » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:51 pm

I think all bouncers should be put into a school for retarded children and made to do ading up etc 1+ 1 = 6 etc frankly people who are stupid are very stupid they can get lost.. no retards allowed
mrbrain
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby crazygray23 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:50 pm

ive been to the centre once and imo the place makes braehead look nice

wonder if there are poor souls that still wander the place trying to find the way out again
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

a dunt in the heed

Postby mrbrain » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:06 am

yep one of the security staff from hudsons got a right duntontheheed in east kilbride it just goes to prove :D i think there was about nine stiches in his dome must have opened it up like a xip from a pair of trousers
mrbrain
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby mrbrain » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:22 am

::): ::): ::): ::): ::): ::): ::): ::): :idea: :D :D :D
mrbrain
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Westwood One » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:47 am

East Kilbride town centre is not a nice place because its another soul sapping shopping centre with the exact same crap in it as every other one thats ever been built and ever will be built. Anyone who drinks in the town centre needs there heid examined or reminded that for £2 odd you can get a bus into town.

It's not all bad though as there is a skatepark for my boy to go to and a pizza hut where a few hangovers have been eaten off and a FOPP.
You wanna come along? It ain't like it used to be, but, uh, it'll do.
Westwood One
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Reverend Scapegoat » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:45 pm

Hey, you don't have to LIVE here! ( Aimed at those posting earlier who don't, obviously... :p )

I actually have to slightly agree with some of what Mrbrain says - Certain of the bouncers who work in the town centre ARE utter filth.

One is STILL working as a bouncer, after beating the hell out of his girlfriend ( Or bit on the side, depending on which version you believe ) so badly he left a footprint on her side.
He was charged with and convicted of assault, and got let off with a fine of a few hundred quid.

And he's been in plenty of trouble before and since for violence in his line of work.
Yet the club still employ him.

The town centre is also infested with neds - I try to avoid it if at all possible after about 6pm on a weekend. Got off a bus once passing through, and got kicked in the nads for no reason at all by some piece of excrement in a footie shellsuit.

Not that I think many other places in Scotland are much different...
Reverend Scapegoat
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Shuggie » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:48 pm

Reverend Scapegoat wrote:Not that I think many other places in Scotland are much different...
It's not restricted to Scotland, there are places like that all over the UK :(
Shuggie
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby mrbrain » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:51 am

Thankyou for your positive input regarding nightclub staff and who work in east kilbride town centre its very plain to see that these type of people are classless and have little or no education the merchant city in glasgow and the west end have a great variety of decent people but thats only some i suppose there is good and bad everywhere but i have never really experinced many problems in glasgow even although it has that mean city image most people will leave you alone but it seems in east kilbride town centre after 6.00 pm door staff and staff who work there seem to have somthing to prove yes its true what they say every doggy has its day most should wear a flat cap pair of rubber wellies short trousers and start waving a stick from side to side yes there :D ::): ::): ::): ::): ::): ::): ::): ::): 8O :o :o :o Grousebeaters...man even the clientell who drink there are deadbeats..its actually quite scary honestly
mrbrain
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Westwood One » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:01 pm

Thats a good description brain, but i cant understand why anyone who lives here in East Kilbride would actively seek to go there for a pint. Don't these people know it only £2.50ish for a return to the delights of Glastgow? Or why not one of the many scheme pubs? At least you know the nutters in there.
You wanna come along? It ain't like it used to be, but, uh, it'll do.
Westwood One
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby mrbrain » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:51 pm

I am so depressed with East Kilbride Town centre and its shallow people that when someone phone,s me up to do buisness with me i reply where are you from and if they say East Kilbride I reply sorry i can not help you i do not deal with grousebeaters... from East Kilbride thats how depressed i feel with them I honestly would not give them any respect in the slightest for any matter.
mrbrain
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby crazygray23 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:55 pm

Reverend Scapegoat wrote:Hey, you don't have to LIVE here! ( Aimed at those posting earlier who don't, obviously... :p )

I actually have to slightly agree with some of what Mrbrain says - Certain of the bouncers who work in the town centre ARE utter filth.

One is STILL working as a bouncer, after beating the hell out of his girlfriend ( Or bit on the side, depending on which version you believe ) so badly he left a footprint on her side.
He was charged with and convicted of assault, and got let off with a fine of a few hundred quid.

And he's been in plenty of trouble before and since for violence in his line of work.
Yet the club still employ him.

The town centre is also infested with neds - I try to avoid it if at all possible after about 6pm on a weekend. Got off a bus once passing through, and got kicked in the nads for no reason at all by some piece of excrement in a footie shellsuit.

Not that I think many other places in Scotland are much different...

i had the pleasure of sitting in court with said muppet, and his utter disrespect for court shouldhave got him jailed alone
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions