Not really interesting facts about yourself

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Not really interesting facts about yourself

Postby banjo » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:13 pm

ah,but did you say what year.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 3292
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:26 pm

Re: Not really interesting facts about yourself

Postby HollowHorn » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:50 pm

banjo wrote:bought a triple cd today and a triple cd talking book for my mother@50p each from the local library sale.dvds were 1 pound and I will pop back in when I have more time for a proper browse. :D


The last triple cd I bought cost me thirty quid.
Yes Bridie, you do.
User avatar
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 8922
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 9:59 pm
Location: Paisley

Re: Not really interesting facts about yourself

Postby banjo » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:50 am

going back today for another look hh.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 3292
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:26 pm

Re: Not really interesting facts about yourself

Postby RDR » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:55 pm

banjo wrote:ah,but did you say what year.


::): Unfortunately she assumed this year, so had to get it done. Still gets me brownie points
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1640
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:58 pm
Location: Lanarkshire

Re: Not really interesting facts about yourself

Postby banjo » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:14 pm

last of the banjos flew the nest today :( good luck to our wee ukulele in her new home. :)
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 3292
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:26 pm

Re: Not really interesting facts about yourself

Postby banjo » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:43 pm

spotted today in watt bros..............Krakatoa foam.aye that's right our old cremola friend is back with a new name and a Glasgow address for the firm behind it.the original tin as well but at 2.99 a pop for a small and 4.99 for a large tin I think we will pass on it.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 3292
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:26 pm

Re: Not really interesting facts about yourself

Postby mercury » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:30 pm

banjo wrote:spotted today in watt bros..............Krakatoa foam.aye that's right our old cremola friend is back with a new name and a Glasgow address for the firm behind it.the original tin as well but at 2.99 a pop for a small and 4.99 for a large tin I think we will pass on it.


It's been on sale for a few years now. :wink:
mercury
Second Stripe
Second Stripe
 
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:13 pm

Re: Not really interesting facts about yourself

Postby RDR » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:52 am

banjo wrote:last of the banjos flew the nest today :( good luck to our wee ukulele in her new home. :)


Last of mine flew out last September, but don't worry they keep coming back....
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1640
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:58 pm
Location: Lanarkshire

Re: Not really interesting facts about yourself

Postby banjo » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:04 am

I have developed an unhealthy addiction to flying saucers.not the u f o things but the sherbet filled sweets. :roll:
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 3292
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:26 pm

Re: Not really interesting facts about yourself

Postby Doorstop » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:07 pm

Been plagued with nuisance calls after making the fatal error of enquiring about over-50's life insurance.

By chance, my extension phone handset gave up the ghost recently, and a new phone was on the cards and one of the fancy-dan call blocking phones is up for sale {BT-8500 Advanced: £34 to you Guv'nor - £50 off in a lot of places at the mo}, and it's a thing of wonder bordering on witchcraft.

Down from 3-5 irritating calls a day to nil.

Nil.

Marvellous.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
User avatar
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 6015
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:07 am
Location: Guarding the Key to the Pie cupboard.

Re: Not really interesting facts about yourself

Postby Lucky Poet » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:48 pm

Just had some random person on Flickr pointing out that the wind farm in a photo of mine is to do with Political Correctness. Ok. Fine.

What do you say to that?
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
User avatar
Lucky Poet
-
-
 
Posts: 4161
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:15 am
Location: Up a close

Re: Not really interesting facts about yourself

Postby Boxer6 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:31 am

Lucky Poet wrote:Just had some random person on Flickr pointing out that the wind farm in a photo of mine is to do with Political Correctness. Ok. Fine.

What do you say to that?


"Randomise off"?
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
User avatar
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1068
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: What's it called?

Re: Not really interesting facts about yourself

Postby dimairt » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:50 am

I'm not sleeping well these days.

Durachdan,

Eddy
dimairt
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:53 am

Re: Not really interesting facts about yourself

Postby banjo » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:01 pm

I had reason to be in the west end of Glasgow today buying some goat for the Saturday curry and managed to sup a couple of whiskies at 1 yes 1 pound per nip.ye cannae whack it. :D
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 3292
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:26 pm

Re: Not really interesting facts about yourself

Postby RDR » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:51 pm

banjo wrote:I had reason to be in the west end of Glasgow today buying some goat for the Saturday curry and managed to sup a couple of whiskies at 1 yes 1 pound per nip.ye cannae whack it. :D


Why am I not surprised you can buy goat in the west end :)
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe
 
Posts: 1640
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:58 pm
Location: Lanarkshire

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests