Fookin seagulls

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Fookin seagulls

Postby Dugald » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:53 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:I think we should stop feeding stupid old ladies.

Now that's a wee bit subtle Dexter. i agree with you and hope your message gets through!
Dugald
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cheesemonster » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:25 pm

"It's hard to believe people think a real cow dying on film doesn't look like a real cow dying on film"

http://flickr.com/photos/dreamlogic
cheesemonster
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Peekay » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:35 pm

I ran over a Gull last week at the squinty bridge. All his pals saw me and flew away and when the flurry of their wings cleared the wee soul was left wondering why his muckers were running away. Nowt I could do and he looked right at me just as he went under the bonnet with a loup 'pop' as the wheel went over him.

Now any time I see a flock of Gulls I'm sure they know.......they just know that ruthlessly murdered one of their buddies! I still feel really bad about it. Stupid bleedin' bird! :(

PK
Peekay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:17 am

Heh hee good on ye PK, thats the one thats been shittin over ma car over the last few years. :P

Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Reenie Bujman » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:46 pm

My brother told me that he and his mates put aspirins in their chips and fed them to the gulls at school. It kills them, so he assured me. He maintained that they explode, but that sounds apocryphal if you ask me. Plenty of gulls here in EK; maybe I should see if there's any truth in it, or just an urban myth.
Reenie Bujman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby samscafeamericain » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:21 pm

Reenie Bujman wrote:My brother told me that he and his mates put aspirins in their chips and fed them to the gulls at school. It kills them, so he assured me. He maintained that they explode, but that sounds apocryphal if you ask me. Plenty of gulls here in EK; maybe I should see if there's any truth in it, or just an urban myth.

Is it no supposed to be Alka Seltzers. Aspirins would probably help them mate more often ::):
'once you can get men to believe in absurdities you can get them to commit atrocities' ....Voltaire
samscafeamericain
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Reenie Bujman » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:38 pm

I think effervescence is the key here, so Alka Seltzer should do the trick as well as soluble aspirin or paracetamol.
Reenie Bujman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Its_a_gamp » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:15 pm

Not that I would do it myself, but sterident tablets (for cleaning wallies) work best, break them in 2 or 4 and stick them in bread.
Due to cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel is off until further notice!
Its_a_gamp
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby samscafeamericain » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:44 pm

Its_a_gamp wrote:Not that I would do it myself, but sterident tablets (for cleaning wallies) work best, break them in 2 or 4 and stick them in bread.

I suppose if you got the quantity wrong we could end up with turbo seagulls
'once you can get men to believe in absurdities you can get them to commit atrocities' ....Voltaire
samscafeamericain
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby cell » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:01 pm

My grandfather used to tell me about feeding seagulls with pieces of calcium carbide, which they used to get for bicycle lamps, when wetted it gives off acetylene gas, he said seagulls can’t burp so they would blow up, I was very sceptical but I always thought it would be fun to give it a go! Would it work on pigeons? I can just see George Sq covered blood and feathers.
cell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby samscafeamericain » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:02 am

cell wrote:My grandfather used to tell me about feeding seagulls with pieces of calcium carbide, which they used to get for bicycle lamps, when wetted it gives off acetylene gas, he said seagulls can’t burp so they would blow up, I was very sceptical but I always thought it would be fun to give it a go! Would it work on pigeons? I can just see George Sq covered blood and feathers.

I bet pigeons can fart, they have to, otherwise how could they eat the remnants of donner kebabs
samscafeamericain
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:38 am

samscafeamericain wrote:Is it no supposed to be Alka Seltzers. Aspirins would probably help them mate more often ::):

GOLD! ::):
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:26 pm

evening times

Task force to tackle cities’ gull menace

THE menace of urban seagulls is to be tackled by destroying their nests.
Environment Minister Mike Russell today announced he was forming a Seagull Task Force to combat the growing problem.
It will find ways to prevent gulls from nesting and how nests can be effectively destroyed.
These include installing wires and spikes in known nesting areas.
Mr Russell said: "Seagulls thrive on litter and their aggressive behaviour towards other birds, pets and even people is increasingly problematic.
"I even read this week about a young paperboy who has had to abandon his deliveries due to attacks from the birds."
In Glasgow, gull numbers have increased over the last 25 years largely due to the boom in fast-food outlets.
The city council says its public health unit is receiving a rising number of complaints about the gulls.
They include aggression, droppings and the birds raiding refuse bags and bins.
Last month the Evening Times reported how a falcon taking part in the Glasgow Show was chased by up to 50 gulls.
It failed to return to its handler after it was "dive-bombed" and wasn't recovered until two days later.
And at the Faslane naval base, sailors watched as a five-week old kitten was snatched and then dropped on to a barbed wire fence by a gull.
The task force will start work in Dumfries.
Mr Russell said: "I expect the task force to swing into action next spring to coincide with the next breeding season.
"If successful, lessons learned will be shared with other local authorities."
Publication date 22/08/08
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Its_a_gamp » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:37 pm

At BAE (boatbuilders in barrow-in-furness) once a year they go out with a JCB with chains on the back and crush all the seagulls eggs. They have a really big problem there. I always thought as a seabird they were protected!
Due to cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel is off until further notice!
Its_a_gamp
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Schiehallion » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:44 am

Let's blow up cats and dogs by ramming chemicals into their stomachs, that'll be a right good laugh.
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions