42%
Female Yes
11%
Female No
8%

Total votes : 64

Do you like football ?

Postby glasgowken » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:58 pm

As the only member of the Glasgow Footbal Haters Assoc, I ask the question.... do you like football ?

The poll has been split into male and female sections, I thought it would be interesting to see any split (? :? ).
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:02 pm

I like it occassionally... havent seen any WC games... indefferent and generally cant understand obseesion. Obseession like having to watch every game....etc... yawn...

oh, and while on the subject anyone over the age of 18 who wears a football strip should be castrated so as to remove themselves from the genepool.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DVF » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:24 pm

What she said.
The hill goes up and down.
DVF
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby ghiribizzo » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:26 pm

Ditto
ghiribizzo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Pripyat » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:24 pm

Well I could talk volumes on this subject, but I'll keep
it short.

I only watch the World Cup to be honest, not into
SPL/English Premier/Championies/Lithuanian 3rd
division/Argentinian under 21s divison 4 etc etc....

Totally hate the mentality that has to watch every
fu**ing game that's going, hence hating SkyBars
with a passion.

Therefore not an obsessional type. Think a lot has
got to do with days at school, when everyone wanted
to be a striker and didn't give a shit for playing for
position. That totally killed my interest. I just wanted
to play midfield, keep team possession and pass
the ball around, especially keeping the bloody
thing on the ground. Not the usual mentality of
fu**ing lob it up the park :x

Only own two football tops, that I've had for years.
One Brazil and the other Scotland, my favourite
teams of all time since I was a kid :)
"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe
Pripyat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:47 am

I can't be bothered with the moron mentality that follows football, but I'll usually check out the scores if I'm interested in a game (remember!)

I eventually watched a WC game last night and enjoyed it. Croatia were bloomin good.

I think the Ukraine game will be on today on the pc :)
два сталкиваются
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Pripyat » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:27 am

My Kitten wrote:I can't be bothered with the moron mentality that follows football, but I'll usually check out the scores if I'm interested in a game (remember!)

I eventually watched a WC game last night and enjoyed it. Croatia were bloomin good.

I think the Ukraine game will be on today on the pc :)

Being a Brazil fan, I must admit that Croatia are a strong
side. Ronaldo, should lay off the big coo burgers mind ;)

Nice top.

1400 kickoff coverage on

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fivelive/live/live.asx
"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led." - Edgar Allan Poe
Pripyat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Schiehallion » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:50 am

I love it. I love the SPL, I love junior football, I love the World Cup. I love it. I love football grounds too, the stands, the floodlights, the pitches. I love the sound of a ball hitting a wet net. Thurrrump.

Pies, bovril, swearing, programmes, excitement, crushing disappointment, the banter, the hopes, the anger, the songs, the tribalism, the opposition supporters. It's all great and we haven't made it to the game yet!

Pele was right when he called it 'the beautiful game'. When played properly it flows like nothing else. To get such flowing movement without any type of rehearsal is testament to human speed of thought. A perfectly worked goal on the telly can make a whole pub full of drunk hairy bastards go "oooooh beautiful" in unison.

Football is important to blokes. It's our substitute for long gone tribal days. The face paint, the symbolic colours, the totems/club badges, the ferocious and powerful nicknames, the Wolves, the lions, the wasps, the rams, the eagles, the...err...teddy bears. Is there any difference between triumphantly holding up the boar's head to show the rest of the tribe after a successful hunt and lifting up the Scottish Cup at Hampden after a successful campaign.

This World Cup will prove yet again, nothing in this world can unite and divide like football. As a commentator said during the week, where else can you watch Sweden competing against Trinadad & Tobago. Isn't it? Hmmm. Marvellous. A far cry from small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts. Isn't it?
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Ally Doll » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:02 am

I've watched almost every World Cup game so far, I really enjoy going to the football and having a wee kick about.

It's a great game, so easy to understand and play. :)
Ally Doll
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby AlanM » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:13 am

I enjoy a good game of fitba' but being a Jags fan seeing a good game is a rare event.

Haven't been obsessive about the World Cup but have watched a few of the games. Been happily rooting for the underdogs in most of the games I've seen (comes from habit).

I own 3 strips at the moment, a fairly old Scotland top, a newer Thistle top and a '98 Croatia top.
Last edited by AlanM on Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Who needs a six pack....when you've got a keg!!!
AlanM
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Cazzie » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:13 am

won't let me vote :cry: (Female/Like it)

Love football but hate the West of Scotland bigotry that surrounds the old firm

Try to get to all the Scotland home games. More for the patter on the terraces than the game these days - although maybe performance will begin to pick up now. The best bit is walking back to the city centre from hampden earwigging to the craic, and then sitting in the pub listening to all the 'experts" dissect the game.

Haven't caught much of the world cup yet but looking for somewhere good to go watch T&T and England tomorrow in Glasgow - any ideas anyone?
Cazzie
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby frank dawson » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:12 am

:D :D
I am thoroughly enjoying watching the World Cup but I have to use the mute button because I cannot bear listening to the inane prattle of the commentators.
John Motson really gets up my nose and is that Mick MacCarthy's boring voice I hear going on and on doing the ITV broadcast?
These characters spoil the occasion.
frank dawson
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby hazy » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:23 am

I can take it or leave it. I certainly dont spill milk over it. It definatly allows certain people to blow off steam in amongst their own type though. :x Could all the bigots please refrain from highjacking this and turning it into another old firm argument. :x
Thank you. And why not.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby job78989 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:23 am

Hi GK, can I join your association. I just hate fitba and all that is associated with it. New trade name for soma I beleive and its afilliate advertising mediums, telly, gutter press etc......

For twenty two adults to spend their time kicking a ball for a living and earning sums of money that could regenerate a third world country is obsene. But at least it all funded by the morns who followfollow them, guess who gets the last laugh at the bawbags.

John
Sometimes the people need to speak if they want to be heard.
job78989
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby tedmaul » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:30 am

I can't believe 9 men said 'no'. Grow some balls, f'fsake.
tedmaul
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Next

Return to Random Distractions