Crooked posties

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby MacKenzie79 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:24 pm

seems to me this place is being over run by bams and barrackroom lawyer is not one of them.
MacKenzie79
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:06 am

or you could always just not feed the trolls.......
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby MacKenzie79 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:35 am

true
MacKenzie79
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Sydney Rosewater » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:27 pm

I wrapped up a slice of Grosvenor pie (pastry, ham, boiled egg in middle) and left it sitting for a fortnight before posting it to my friend for his birthday. He lived in a building split into bedsits and the mail was caught in a cage attached to the door. He seen it in the cage in the morning and thought, I'll get that later when i get back n get the key for the cage out my room. However when he got back a fellow bedsitter had stolen the package from the cage. Hope it made them boke.

A few years later I sent the same guy a large piece of rancid french cheese wrapped up with the words "a big lump of hash for..." and then his name n address. A crooked dope fiend postie must've fancied this cos it never got to him either.
Sydney Rosewater
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BarrackroomLawyer » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Toby Dammit wrote:
BarrackroomLawyer wrote:Go fuck yersel pal.

Oh dear. Perhaps you should change your name to "Playground Lawyer"?

Acerbic ripsote! Wankstain.
BarrackroomLawyer
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Toby Dammit » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:22 pm

BarrackroomLawyer wrote:Acerbic ripsote! Wankstain.

Such a response could only have flowed from the pen of an Oscar Wilde.

Under that bluff, hairy, Martial pseudonym, is that really you Steven Fry? How you find the time to do all them adverts for tea bags on the telly and write posts on this forum astounds me.
travel, films and stuff https://freakydog.wordpress.com/
Toby Dammit
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby red_kola » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:29 pm

::): atcha

As Google is prone to say:
Did you mean: riposte
red_kola
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Jupiter-Returns » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:44 pm

I've still not received by Beano Membership and Badge.

Sent away for it it 1984, I'm sure it was 'lost in the post' either that or my maw never sent for it and swiped my pocket money.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
"Ma kin ah dae a jobby?" Jobbies, jobbies are funny a bit.
Jupiter-Returns
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby BarrackroomLawyer » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:23 am

red_kola wrote:

::): atcha

As Google is prone to say:
Did you mean: riposte

Yes is was patently fucking obvious to anyone who has read more than Dick & Dora tha it was typo.

Ooh he made a typo *snigger snigger* = he said poopoo *snigger snigger*
BarrackroomLawyer
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby BarrackroomLawyer » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:53 am

Toby Dammit wrote:

Such a response could only have flowed from the pen of an Oscar Wilde.

Under that bluff, hairy, Martial pseudonym, is that really you Steven Fry? How you find the time to do all them adverts for tea bags on the telly and write posts on this forum astounds me.

Am I to considerr myself withered by your erudite and pithy polemic edifications?

I would however recommend that you look up the word "idiom"; you seem aufais with the concept of idiocy- I dare say you keep the dictionary open at that entry to keep yourself incheck.

Bellicously and sanginariously yours,

XXX

P.S. The only thing hairy about me is my baw bag.
BarrackroomLawyer
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Jupiter-Returns » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:50 pm

Here we go...

Another grammar superiority contest.

Quit it!

Typos and slipped-grammar should be disregarded, for its the content of the post which should be cognated and taken into perspective.

It'll end up a battle between the two poles of education - My grammer and english lit is perfect therefore I'm more educated and have better life chances than you and i'm more than likely to have a better job than you because of my educaton and because of this job of only which intellects can obtain I have a higher salary than you and my socio-economic class rises higher than yours.

I think i've missed the point, but anyway....
Jupiter-Returns
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby JayKay » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:02 pm

BarrackroomLawyer wrote:
I would however recommend that you look up the word "idiom"; you seem aufais with the concept of idiocy- I dare say you keep the dictionary open at that entry to keep yourself incheck.

au fait
\Au` fait"\ ([=o]` f[asl]"). [F. Lit., to the deed, act, or point. Fait is fr. L. factum. See Fact.] Expert; skillful; well instructed.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

au fait

adj : being up to particular standard or level especially in being up to date in knowledge; "kept abreast of the latest developments"; "constant revision keeps the book au courant"; "always au fait on the latest events"; "up on the news" [syn: abreast of(p), au courant, up on(p)]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

:wink:
JayKay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby red_kola » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Jupiter-Returns wrote:Here we go...

Aw, come on. If the guy's going to try and be a smart arse it only fair that we should be allowed to point out when he isn't being.
red_kola
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Jupiter-Returns » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:19 pm

I'd see the point if it were the content in his post that was false, or bullshit and he was trying to be a smart arse, then i'd be fair to chin him, correct him and laugh. The typos however bare no reflection on wether or not he's smart or what he knows or doesn't know.

You get me?

What you having for dinner?

Iv'e no sugar left.
Jupiter-Returns
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby BarrackroomLawyer » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:20 pm

red_kola wrote:
Jupiter-Returns wrote:Here we go...

Aw, come on. If the guy's going to try and be a smart arse it only fair that we should be allowed to point out when he isn't being.

If I wanted to be a smart-arse, I'd point out that the ability to spell loan words correctly isn't by any means a measure of intelligence. In fact, orthographic difficulties are common in people with higher IQs. It may be something to with individuals such as myself who were born with unusual NLP types (thus requiring more effort to contextualise ideas that have been pitched at the more audio/visual learners).

A pedantic attitude towards the overly-complex English orthography (and its lack of clear correspondence to phonology) and the peurile poking fun at others linguistic (dis)abilities however is a good measure of being a tadger.

At least I know WHY spelling errors, phonologically, happen and only laugh at them if they result in an unintended meaning. If I gave a flying fuck, I could force myself to learn irregular forms via the auio-lingual method. Most adults can handle orthographic, lexical, syntactic, and grammatical errors with relative ease (see Universal Grammar a la Chomsky)- if the errors do not produce cognates.

You son however will always remain an ignorant Grade 'A' tadger.

Now copy & paste this through a spell checker and remind me again how lame you are.
Last edited by BarrackroomLawyer on Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BarrackroomLawyer
First Stripe
First Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions