Crooked posties

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby BarrackroomLawyer » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:25 pm

Ausserdem, kannst mich mal kreuzweise Votzerli!
BarrackroomLawyer
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Jupiter-Returns » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:27 pm

eye giv inn.
"Ma kin ah dae a jobby?" Jobbies, jobbies are funny a bit.
Jupiter-Returns
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Sharon » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:35 pm

For heavens sake STOP BICKERING you're like a bunch of weans - which by making the forums over 18's I did hope to avoid!!

Or is this what always happens when men get competetive? Except its a competition to see who can bore us all the most. So, stop it now please.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jupiter-Returns » Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:56 pm

sharon wrote:For heavens sake STOP BICKERING you're like a bunch of weans - which by making the forums over 18's I did hope to avoid!!

Or is this what always happens when men get competetive? Except its a competition to see who can bore us all the most. So, stop it now please.

Sharon, you've used 2 exclamation marks there when there was only need to use one.

:wink: ::):
"Ma kin ah dae a jobby?" Jobbies, jobbies are funny a bit.
Jupiter-Returns
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby JayKay » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:16 pm

Over 18's doesn't take an apostrophe either.

:wink:

Feel free to put this thread out of its misery any time you like.
JayKay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BarrackroomLawyer » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:18 pm

I live in San Georgez too!

:D
BarrackroomLawyer
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Sharon » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:20 pm

http://www.hiddenglasgow.com/forums/vie ... php?t=4122

I vote "yes", but for use here on you lot who don't know when to button it :twisted:
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JayKay » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:26 pm

I could probably get my hands on one if you need it :wink:
JayKay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:20 pm

Errm...i'm sure you'll all be overjoyed to know the items I was expecting, DID make it through the post, safe & sound.

Anyway, that's all, i'll let you get back to your discussion.. :?
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Ally Doll » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:26 pm

Just saw this on the BBC website - I guess poor postal deliveries do exist! 8O :roll: :wink: There are heaps of letters lying about in my close, most I think due to people having moved.
Ally Doll
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby viceroy » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:24 am

I saw this too, it was mentioned on Radio Scotland this morning as well. It doesn't help if your postie is a lunatic either. I caught ours stuffing somebody else's mail through my letterbox recently. He then asked me which close he was in! He had completely lost his bearings. After I had put him right on this question he produced 3 items of mail which were for me. God knows where they would have ended up if I hadn't managed to catch him. What can you do?
viceroy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby riot grrl » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:43 pm

I had an Abbey National passbook stolen in the post last year after I posted it to the branch using ordinary first class mail.

A year or two ago there was a TV programme where I guy went undercover and got a job in a London sorting office. Not only were the postmen clueless, like not being able to find addresses and therefore deciding not to deliver the mail, the undercover guy hooked up with a postman who was involved in fraud.

The dodgy postman told the guy that he looked out for envelopes with credit cards, debit cards or valuable documents. He said that if an envelope looked like it had a credit card or similar, he'd take it. He was part of a network of full time fraudsters.

The Royal Mail is pure shite these days. Some areas are better than others, but I don't trust the post in my area not one bit. I can't even rely on the postman to post my letters to my address, because other neighbours get my mail and I sometimes get theirs. And that doesn't account for the mail that went astray to dishonest neighbours.

I would recommend that people get their mail delivered to their work address if that is practical if the postal service in their area isn't reliable of if they have dodgy neighbours.
riot grrl
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby tedmaul » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:29 am

Said programme highlighted one of the main problems with Royal Mail - a reliance on short-term, temporary workers either in the sorting office or on the street. The guy didn't know from one day to the next who would be working alongside him with the obvious result that no-one cared about doing a good job.
Jim Hacker: "Are you saying that winking at corruption is government policy?"
Sir Humphrey: "No, no, Minister. It could never be government policy. That is unthinkable. Only government practice."
tedmaul
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fossil » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:25 am

Does the on line retailers ( Play.com and Amazon etc) not track your order with barcodes?
Didn’t get a memory card last year from Amazon, that I ordered. Contacted them and they just sent out a new one.
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

postal delivery lottery

Postby mr moto » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:19 pm

up until about eight years ago you could set your watch by our postman, 8, am every day. now if i am lucky enough to get any mail it sometimes, ie about two or three times a week includes other peoples mail too , i have had other peoples bank letters and credit card letters put through my letterbox, i have also had the little card put through my box saying that they tried to deliver a package but there was no one home at the time , so could i come and get it my self,which is funny because i once caught one such card as it came through the box, i opened the door and asked the postman where is my package ? his answer i only do as they tell me !! i did not press him as the guy could barely speak english , and i actualy felt a little sorry for him , the royal mail ? it,s a joke ...they clearly do not give a damn....
mr moto
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions