Bullying

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Bullying

Postby Tamandee » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:29 pm

Anyone here have any suggestions for bullies?
Problems for our son on the school bus (high school). Not in Glasgow but any suggestions welcomed.
Tamandee
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fossil » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:32 pm

Check with the school first . They have a duty.

Fossil
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Tamandee » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:39 pm

Modern Fossil wrote:Check with the school first . They have a duty.

Fossil

Reported to the school. Awaiting their response.
Many thanks for your answer. Distraught parents alert!
Tamandee
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fossil » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:58 pm

Tamandee wrote:
Modern Fossil wrote:Check with the school first . They have a duty.

Fossil

Reported to the school. Awaiting their response.
Many thanks for your answer. Distraught parents alert!

Have you actual went in or phoned? Face to face is much better.

F
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby dazza » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:01 am

dazza
-
-

Postby Alex Glass » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:13 am

All schools should have a policy on how they deal with bullying. I know it is difficult sometimes to get the school to act. If you have any difficulty getting them to help you should contact your local Councillor or MSP.

Some schools are really supportive and will take action against bullies.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Tamandee » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:12 am

Thanks for your answers. Our son has an interview with the school today. Hopefully this should get sorted out from there. I understand how the woman in Falkirk felt. Your hands are tied, you can't do anything to stop the hurt to your child. Not only is your child unhappy and sometimes physically in pain, you also feel like you are failing them.
Tamandee
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Sir Roger DeLodgerley » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:22 am

Based on personal experience, punch the bully as hard as possible in the face. End of bullying.
Sir Roger DeLodgerley
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bex Bissell » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:30 am

Get on the bus with your son, sit a seat or two behind, witness the bullying and report the incident to your sons school and that of the bullies.

If you have to step in dont give yourself up as his parent as this may attract further attention, if it becomes too much get involved and come across as a concerned "do gooder".
Remeber when it first starts you will want to steam right in but let it go for as long as possible and dont loose your rag, easier said than done but the more info you have the better.

(camera phones are a great invention)

Continue onto the school to which they are attending and report the incident imediately to the Headmaster along with a list of other times and dates that this has happened.

That way you can give a full detailed description of the twats and they will more than likely be hauled out their class and told to report to the headmaster.
Tell the Headteacher that you will be reporting this to the police and that you want to be kept informed of his actions, if you are not happy with any thing you hear notify him that you will be involving the local Education Department for Glasgow it's Nye Bevan House, 20 India Street GLASGOW G2 4PF
here is a list of local education depts http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications ... 5640/12180

Next contact the local community policeman/woman and involve them it'll send a rocket up the schools arse in terms of you taking it seriously.

They will in turn contact the school to which these idiots belong to and also speak to the powers that be.

We had a problem with our 10 year old being harassed by 13-14 yr olds at the bus stop, I done the above and was initially advised by the school that "could she perhaps not get a later bus" aye right!

I done the above and now we dont get any bother.

Or

Get him down the gym and intae the boxing.

B.
Bex Bissell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby JayKay » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:01 am

Sir Roger DeLodgerley wrote:Based on personal experience, punch the bully as hard as possible in the face. End of bullying.

I disagree completely and profoundly with this, again based on personal experience.

An unexpected kick in the balls in front of his mates is much better.
JayKay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby ronan » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:08 pm

a public violent response is absolutely the answer - topic close to my heart too.

I had a problem in High School, eventually told my parents after months of unhappiness ( who are both teachers themselves, so knew the "correct" procedures) and they reported it to the school straight away.

Guidance teacher had a chat with me - I told all

Guidance teacher then interrupted a class and summoned the bully to her room and had a "chat" with them.

He returned to the class, was asked why he had been summoned, and told the whole class that I had grassed on him.

The result being that every other wee swine that fancied having a go saw me as some sort of soft target, and felt the need to sort out a grass.

This of course sent me over the age, and after roughly two more days of (increased) abuse, I took a benny, battered that first guy that looked at me and got suspended.

Result? I got left alone after that and they found someone else to target. My every sympathy went to all those who also suffered, but it wasn't my problem anymore.

This isn't a suggestion that a victim should sort it out themselves, but more a caution that those that should protect you are astoundingly incompetent and have not got a single clue about reality.
ronan
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby anok » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:50 pm

yep , kick their head in , wont matter if you get hurt first time ,keep going , take a few smacks but keep going back they will give up it's almost becoming the bully yourself but the end is no hassle from these morons because they think your mental :D ::):
anok
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Tamandee » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:48 am

Thanks again for all your advice and information. My husband phoned the school and told them the story. Our son was called in to the deputy head teacher's and he put his case forward. He had gathered video evidence on his phone (asking a friend to use it). He told the deputy head there were other people who had witnessed the incidents and named the boys involved and the witnesses. She looked at the evidence on his phone, asked a few questions and then called in the two bullies separately. Both boys caved in and begged for the parents not to be involved. Unfortunately (for them) the deputy head told them the parents would be involved. One offered to apologise (still waiting) the other did not (one of his parents works in the school as a remedial teacher). Not a bad result so far - no problems on the bus home last night. But we shall see.
Thanks again.
Tamandee
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Jazza » Mon May 01, 2006 12:40 pm

Sounds like youve done the best thing. The school is now aware of the problem if it happens again and are more likely to react quicker. I hope everything works out well.

A guy who bullied me for about a week in Primary school (flippin heck, just reaised it was almost 20 years ago) and always had a funny look in his eyes actually killed a few people recently, so erm there you go!
Eighty percent of success is showing up.
Jazza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Random Distractions