Rebus

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby AlanM » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:32 pm

Alex Glass wrote:
Mark McManus was the ideal Taggart (incidentally, he was a stolen charcter too; Jack Laidlaw from the William McIlvanney books

I have a vague memory of Mark McManus (Taggart) being in a cop series from England before Taggart started. I also recall from the first programme that there was mention of him returning to Glasgow after a period in England and not being happy about his return to Glasgow.

Taggart was filmed in Priesthill about 18 months ago. They relocated the area to somewhere in the East End and used a building site where new houses were being built. I also remember seeing a programme once can't remember what it was but they filmed in the basement of the old church the former location of Trash. The interesting thing was the basement led to the necropolis. A bit of a stretch of the imagination.

They use the old St. Andrews College in Bearsden as the polis station in the new ones.
Who needs a six pack....when you've got a keg!!!
AlanM
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Rebus

Postby Dot » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:08 pm

Just watching an old episode of Rebus on Alibi.

He has just been tucking into what I thought was going to be a portion of fish and chips.
Turns out it's deep fried black pudding.

I have eaten black pudding but the sight of that concoction would make me queasy.
Anyone ever tried it?
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:13 pm

Dot wrote:Just watching an old episode of Rebus on Alibi.

He has just been tucking into what I thought was going to be a portion of fish and chips.
Turns out it's deep fried black pudding.

I have eaten black pudding but the sight of that concoction would make me queasy.
Anyone ever tried it?

Oh yes! Wonderful.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:37 pm

Indeed.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby jodieohdoh » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Back in the day I'd get a black puddin supper from Crolla's before getting the night bus home. It just about lasted from toon back to EK :-)
jodieohdoh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:07 pm

I can't say I'm convinced. I'd try it, all the same. A long haggis supper - aye!

Anent Rebus, I'll confess that I still haven't read the books, but of those I've asked about it, the east coast consensus seems to be that Hannah has the appearance (if a bit young and clean) but Ken Stott gets the world-weary, borderline alcoholic 'I'll throw you off this fucking roof' character better.
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby banjo » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:33 pm

ken stott for me anyday,never read the books though.same with taggart,alex norton for me.found mark mcmanus too wooden for my liking.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:49 pm

jodieohdoh wrote:Back in the day I'd get a black puddin supper from Crolla's before getting the night bus home. It just about lasted from toon back to EK :-)

Welcome back. You've been missed.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:00 pm

It's a funny thing, Taggart: looking back on old episodes (which they all are now, I suppose) I find myself liking Mark McManus's seemingly defiant non-acting style more.
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby Lucky Poet » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:01 pm

The Egg Man wrote:
jodieohdoh wrote:Back in the day I'd get a black puddin supper from Crolla's before getting the night bus home. It just about lasted from toon back to EK :-)

Welcome back. You've been missed.

Indeed!
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby Alycidon » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:14 pm

The older ones among us will remember another series from early 1970s. "The View from Daniel Pike" was made by BBC and starred Roddy McMillan as a hard nosed private investigator and debt collector called Daniel Pike, very similar type of character to Taggart. The previously mentioned James Cosmo played a detective in this series, with Alex Norton also bagging a part in one episode.

Linky http://www.thrillingdetective.com/eyes/pike.html
[img]http://www.jhowie.force9.co.uk/emu314carcream.gif[/img]

We must perform a Quirkafleeg!!!!
Alycidon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:40 am

Hamish Macbeth on ITV 3 at 07:35 and Taggart on Drama at 23:00. Quite a contrast.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:07 am

Wasn't there a plan to dub Hamish McBeth into Gaelic for teuchter telly?
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Random Distractions