Ask Alex

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Ask Alex

Postby Its_a_gamp » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:49 am

red_kola wrote:Downgrade? 8O Some of my favourite threads are in this section :D

This is usually the first section I look at!
Due to cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel is off until further notice!
Its_a_gamp
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Mori » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:50 pm

I see oor Alex is in action again, :)

ET

THE supermarket giant Tesco has been blasted for failing to collect abandoned shopping trolleys.
Residents in Priesthill, near the Tesco superstore at Silverburn, say the retailer has ignored their pleas to pick up trolleys left in streets and parks. Around 30 people have complained to their local councillor.

Greater Pollok councillor Alex Glass says abandoned supermarket trolleys are a major source of residents' complaints
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby John » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:54 pm

Perhaps the residents could stop taking them away in the first place?
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby floweredpig » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:10 pm

There is legislation around abandoned trollies from the Enviroment Agency that the retailer must have a robust identification and retrieval system that could stand up in court.There have been prosecutions arising from cases brought by British Waterways,Tescos have been involved several times.
floweredpig
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby fourbytwo » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:56 am

:?: You should also remember that prior to the first brick being laid...the local communities demanded, and received definite proposals that the new shopping trollies, would be unable to travel outwith the Silverburn area....!
There is no way the monitoring can take place when there is no specific task force to oversee the surrounding areas and monitor shopping trollies being abandoned there.
Had the developers listened to us, they would have installed systems that would make shopping trollies impossible to work properly outwith the specific Silverburn zones.
And of course, there are 3 different types of trolly, all with their own type of wheel mechanism, so, again the planners, and now the Centre Management, cannot see the obvious problems.....!
fourbytwo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:39 am

Mori wrote:I see oor Alex is in action again, :)

ET

THE supermarket giant Tesco has been blasted for failing to collect abandoned shopping trolleys.
Residents in Priesthill, near the Tesco superstore at Silverburn, say the retailer has ignored their pleas to pick up trolleys left in streets and parks. Around 30 people have complained to their local councillor.

Greater Pollok councillor Alex Glass says abandoned supermarket trolleys are a major source of residents' complaints

Does that face not just say "don't mess"? ::):

For two supermarkets near me they aren't any lost trolleys but then, you have to pay £1 for them.
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cheesemonster » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:53 pm

My Kitten wrote:
Mori wrote:I see oor Alex is in action again, :)

ET

Does that face not just say "don't mess"? ::):

Aye! ::):

Lidl has, or had trolleys whose wheels stuck if you tried to take them out the carpark.
"It's hard to believe people think a real cow dying on film doesn't look like a real cow dying on film"

http://flickr.com/photos/dreamlogic
cheesemonster
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:26 pm

asda ,clydebank has the trolley tag fitted as well.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:04 pm

Sadly the trolley lock devices fail and the companies dont repair them, i dont see why a shop should be held responsible if a lazy arsed (and maybe fat) cnut cant carry a bag of shopping to their house.

Saw it in clydebank today a chav munter pushing a trolley with a bag in it containing probably no more than 6 items.
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby nmc » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:02 pm

Agreed, the trolley shot says "who you messin with", let's hope that the retailers/management get the finger out and either fix the tags and zones properly or start using a coin release system...there'd be less trolleys that way and who wants to lose a quid in these times of economic strife, I certainly don't :)

I do have a slight annoyance with the tags and zones, though not a major, apart from seeing the odd one or six in the burn. Often, when we're doing a major shop, we'll park in the car park at the rear entrance to the Silverburn centre (we lovingly call it car park B, the one we've always used since I moved there 12 years or so ago, instead of the main car park). Most of the time I have to lift the trolley off either the front or back wheels just so I can drag it to the car, just after the fence at the car park entrance/exit. So my hope is that they either fix the tags and zones or change to coin trolleys.

Anywaze, I babble, looking forward to catching up with you in December Alex, got a wee update i'll fire round the residents and associated bods such as yourself (that I have email addy's for), before our next meeting.
nmc
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby nodrog » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Back on page 1 of this thread, in Jan 2006, I asked about when GCC was going to implement a proper online planning system, like that Edinburgh has had for years.

Excitingly - only five years later! - my wishes have finally come true - Glasgow Online Planning is here !!!

http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/en/OnlineServices/Planning/PlanningConfirmation.htm
"I'd just move on to the 'hot-air ballooning vigilante' stage of my career earlier than planned"

www.scottishcinemas.org.uk
www.twitter.com/scottishcinemas
nodrog
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Random Distractions