Postby Fossil » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:16 pm

Great Idea Eddie 8)
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Alex Glass » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:08 pm

edward carolan wrote:Hi Alex
What is happening to the renovated fishmarket building. I know that there is a sculpture sudio in residence, but other than the occasional exhibition, it does not seem to get very much use. Why not use it at the weekend as a farmers market? There is lots of parking nearby, and when spoke to some of the sculptors they thought that it was a good idea. It would provide more use for the building, provide a farmers market for the centre/east end, and expose more people to the work of the artists. what do you think?

Sorry for the delay getting back to you Edward Carolan. My delay appears to have provided you with some answers to your suggestion. Hopefully you will see some details about this later.

Will keep you posted. :wink:
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bonz » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:41 pm

crusty_bint wrote:Theres plans afoot Edward, info here: Briggait Fish Market

...another nail in the coffin for Paddy's Market!!!
Bonz
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fossil » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:48 pm

Alex, as Buchannan St is one of the main shopping streets in the town. Why do the bins have to be on full view? Monday when I passed they had not been emptied and the smell was rank.

Fossil
Head of Smells HG.com
Fossil
-
-

Postby tobester » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:50 pm

Bank holiday for the cleansing maybe ::):
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:22 pm

It wasn't a Scottish Bank Holiday Tob so that rules that one out. I imagine they were wheeled out ready to be emptied.

I am not sure what time the collection is for Buchanan Street but it should be fairly early in the morning I think. What Time did you pass Fos?

I will make enquiries to find out what the arrangements are and get back to you.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Alex Glass » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:28 pm

Sorry Guys I just had another look at the photo and you may be correct Tob. It looks like they bins aren't Council so will be a private company that may recognise English Bank Holidays.

My point was that the Council was not on holiday on Monday. I don't know what other companies might do. Many of the shops in town use private companies to collect their rubbish.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:30 pm

I never thought about an external company, but the bank hol thing was with my sowrk, we got all the guff at the weekend about the bank holiday weekend, so i wisnae sure if maybe some depts got it.

Aboot time they learned us scots are a different breed ::):
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby McShad » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:39 pm

Green is Shanks & McEwan, Red is Biffa waste....
McShad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:42 pm

Alex Glass wrote:Sorry Guys I just had another look at the photo and you may be correct Tob. It looks like they bins aren't Council so will be a private company that may recognise English Bank Holidays.

My point was that the Council was not on holiday on Monday. I don't know what other companies might do. Many of the shops in town use private companies to collect their rubbish.

aye must be right Alex.
time 2ish.
Honest it was rank.
Fossil
-
-

Postby Alex Glass » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:46 pm

Hopefully it was a one-off Fos. But I will notify the department and ask then to keep an eye on this location.

Forgot to say thanks to McShad for providing the information on which companies were involved.
Alex Glass
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby StevenJ » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:40 am

I doubt this is a one off. I walk up Buchanan Street about 08.10 two or three times per week, and they are nearly always there. Having said that, I have only noticed them over the last two months or so.
StevenJ
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby tobester » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:46 am

I suppose with the private firms there are no set times for uplifts. They probably have a route to follow and they do it at their own speed, ive worked with companies who used private firms and seen daily uplifts at 5pm or later
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby McShad » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:51 am

tobester wrote:I suppose with the private firms there are no set times for uplifts. They probably have a route to follow and they do it at their own speed, ive worked with companies who used private firms and seen daily uplifts at 5pm or later

Biffa pick up all round the clock
McShad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bingo Bango » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:05 pm

the rubbish collection in general in Glasgow is pathetic and i find it to be a real embarassment to the city.

We all have to walk through rubbsish piles every day it seems. it is especially bad on pedestrianised area like Buchanan Street and Sauchiehall Street.

there is something incompatable between the desire to have a 'cafe culture' in the streets and then sitting on a metal chair on a manky bit of paving surrounded by piles of office and shop refuse.

gah, im about to get into a rant about the bulk uplift on the south-side and the ignorant wankers that leave it all out for a week! but i dont have the time so will have to stop it there and go kill a puppy or something to relieve the stress.....
Bingo Bango
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions