Yesterday's potential riot in George Square

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby JoeyCape » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:07 pm

This is brutal!! These forums are really not the place for all this.
JoeyCape
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:43 pm

JoeyCape wrote:This is brutal!! These forums are really not the place for all this.

If the curse of institutionalised sectarianism doesn't fit the bill of Hidden Glasgow; I can't imagine what does.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

parade

Postby hazy » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:30 am

Be carful on this ONY it will come back and slap you in the face. I dont know if you have a family but they usually do the complete opposite of what yoy stand for. I will forecast that if your son gets married it will be to an Irish Roman Catholic Black homosexual midget who is going thru a sex change. ONY live and let live mate.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: parade

Postby onyirtodd » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:30 am

hazy wrote:Be carful on this ONY it will come back and slap you in the face. I dont know if you have a family but they usually do the complete opposite of what yoy stand for. I will forecast that if your son gets married it will be to an Irish Roman Catholic Black homosexual midget who is going thru a sex change. ONY live and let live mate.

How do you know I'm not an Irish Roman Catholic Black homosexual midget?

This is rather the point I've been trying to make. There is religious intolerance in Glasgow. Not just Protestant v Catholic any more. The Muslims are getting a kicking (both sorts) from some quarters just for being Muslim. Many Jews are all but ghettoised in Giffnock and the Mearns.

I accept it's an unpalatable reality but it's a reality nonetheless and if a bunch of (I guess) sensible, articulate, intelligent people like us can't feel free to mention it, never mind discuss it, what hope is there?
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vladimir » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:34 am

Who cares anyway. Religion will be all but gone twenty years from now, because we all have a new religion to worship on a Sunday. Consumerism...
Vladimir
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: parade

Postby Bex Bissell » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:08 pm

onyirtodd wrote:Many Jews are all but ghettoised in Giffnock and the Mearns.

Bit of an ill informed sweeping generalisation me thinks upon the two districts, however if you care to make your posts more direct and clearly worded then we will all see what you are actually trying to say, as the majority of all your previous post all appear to be taken out of context by EVERYONE. 8O

Yes, there probably are a fair number of Jewish families whom reside there in comparison with say, Easterhouse or Cardonald but your above statement clearly states that people of the Jewish faith are being or were somehow sent to Giffnock or Newton Mearns, purely upon their faith and as such are being marginalised by the people and other religions that make up Glasgow and East Renfrewshire.

Do you care to explain in simple terms by what is meant by the above remark and in particular the word "Ghettosied" as I read this as a direct comparison to what went on in Poland during WWII, which I would find offensive, I stress to point out that I say WOULD find it offensive, I would find it offensive if you actually were up front about it, but I rather think that your not as articulate or as clever as you would like to make out.

You see Ony it's the thinly disguised "remarks" that you make that are the problem here, if you've got an opinion on something,,say it,, we're all adults.
This is my one and only post with regards to you and indeed upon this matter in general, as I smell a shit stirrer in my midst.

I like a laugh and a joke as much as anyone, I hint at things, I use innuendo but only on light hearted subjects but your at it, if not, come out and say what you mean and in sentences we all can clearly read and not misinterpret.

Anyhoo, wheres my Tora, if thats a ghetto let me in, I quite fancy a house up in the Broom Estate.

btw if there are any spelling mistakes dont bother letting me know.
Bex Bissell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hazy » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:50 pm

JoeyCape wrote:This is brutal!! These forums are really not the place for all this.

The whole point is free speech and the right of a democracy to do so within reason . Though I do not agree with Ony,s views I do have the choice not to read them.Unlike sectarian marches they deliberatly ram it right up you. Unfortunatly these idots also have a democratic right to march trough our city. If you ban them then you ban all tyoes of good intent in other peoples right to.
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby stoop_uk » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:59 pm

Socceroo wrote:Big padlock please.

I'm with you Socceroo - this has gone on 4 pages too long...
Stewart Priest
a cracking audio producer :: http://www.stewartpriest.com
stoop_uk
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby hazy » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:07 pm

stoop_uk wrote:
Socceroo wrote:Big padlock please.

I'm with you Socceroo - this has gone on 4 pages too long...

So has your cheap advertv. Splash the cash and put your ads in the press
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby glasgowgub » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:47 pm

I dont know if this is being delibarately forgotten, but the parade on Saturday wasnt a "Catholic" march but a commeration of the events of Bloody Sunday where 13 people (Catholic and Protestant) were killed by British soldiers. Any attempt to label this a Celtic vRangers, Tim V Billy scenario is demeaning in the least to the people who died.
I know for a fact there were protestant people on this parade who are also Irish Republicans, dont see what this has to do with Catholic schools.
Its political not sectarian. Its time people here realised that the Irish second and third generation living in the West of Scotland are entitled to their viewpoint., because they have issues involving their forefathers country doesnt make them bigots. The people who make that implication are the real bigots.
glasgowgub
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby james73 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:53 pm

glasgowgub wrote:I dont know if this is being delibarately forgotten, but the parade on Saturday wasnt a "Catholic" march but a commeration of the events of Bloody Sunday where 13 people (Catholic and Protestant) were killed by British soldiers. Any attempt to label this a Celtic vRangers, Tim V Billy scenario is demeaning in the least to the people who died.
I know for a fact there were protestant people on this parade who are also Irish Republicans, dont see what this has to do with Catholic schools.
Its political not sectarian. Its time people here realised that the Irish second and third generation living in the West of Scotland are entitled to their viewpoint., because they have issues involving their forefathers country doesnt make them bigots. The people who make that implication are the real bigots.

Nail on head.

James H
james73
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Caltonboy » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:20 pm

thread hijackers the lot of ye :D

the point was to say a good word about the cops, they get enough criticism when the shit hits the fan.
Caltonboy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:04 am

Caltonboy wrote:thread hijackers the lot of ye :D

the point was to say a good word about the cops, they get enough criticism when the shit hits the fan.

Sorry about that officer. Won't do it again. Honest :wink:

Ticket for the ball? Certainly. Raffle? Dance? No matter.
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hazy » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:12 pm

onyirtodd wrote:
Caltonboy wrote:thread hijackers the lot of ye :D

Sorry about that officer. Won't do it again. Honest :wink:

Ticket for the ball? Certainly. Raffle? Dance? No matter.

Would you like your helmet polished officer
hazy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Random Distractions