i hate dfs

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

i hate dfs

Postby mrspg » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:30 am

sofa shopping is the pits. i tried the god of sofa shops dfs and it is godawful with smarmy salesmen all over you until you don't buy that is. don't want ikea one as heard they don't last. tried instyle too and that was better but don't know anyone that's bought from there. any good?
mrspg
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby salty dog » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:16 pm

got to agree , its a massive rip off mostly.I spent days looking and being shocked at the prices , in the end providence was shining tho and i got a deal on two sofas , one a 3 seater and the other a 2 in an off white , very wide and comfy , good quality leather for just under 600 as i recall.. last summer.
Im buggered if i can remember the name of the place but its in the east end of glasgow and is one of the bigger names and is on tv a lot.. the sofas i got were obviously ex window display so i suppose timing was on my side , just luck , it was a great deal ..but i still made him throw in a "25 quid" leather care kit for free :D
salty dog
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Bonz » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:43 pm

Vogue perchance???
Bonz
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

thanks bonz

Postby salty dog » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:01 pm

I knew it had red in the tv ad ..im sure it was Reids. It looks like a small shopfront but it is really a very large warehouse kind of building once your in there.
salty dog
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Bonz » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:26 pm

Hurry Bros even?

They have quite a tacky cash and carry type frontshop, all fake granite coffee tables and faux alabaster plant stands.

Never been inside thougth.....
Bonz
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Flyingscot » Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:14 pm

Sofa Shopping was a nightmare for us too. Don't trust these sofa places with a barge pole to be honest- too many have gone under! Reids is O.K but nothing was suitable, DFS was rubbish (no wonder they have ever lasting sales, you'd be foolish to pay full price in that place!). Vogue was overpriced IMHO.

I ended up in IKEA- they ahve lasted fairly well so far, and even if I replace them I didn't pay much for them. Anyway the modern way is to do up the rooms often isn't it?
Flyingscot
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby The Mighty R I D E » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:42 pm

here a tip mate. gat a weee wean and make sure its got a shitty arse. plonk it doon ona white sofa move it aroon a bit like its on a invisible skcate board then fuck off oot th e door.

::): ::):
The Mighty R I D E
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby smartie » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:52 pm

I thought you were talking about tranqualizers DF's...... ::):
smartie
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Return to Random Distractions