Workplace Hates

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Workplace Hates

Postby Dot » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:53 pm

I am amazed what some people get up to at their desks in work.
One lady seems to do her whole beauty routine without having to go to the ladies room.
Anti Perspirant, make-up and hairspray are all applied from the comfort of her desk.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby jodieohdoh » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:04 pm

Dot wrote:Anti Perspirant, make-up and hairspray are all applied from the comfort of her desk.

8O

We need a "Hughie" emoticon.
jodieohdoh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:17 pm

jodie,

The one good thing is at least the Anti Perspirant goes on in such a way I don't have to see any bare flesh.
She sort of sprays it up the inside of her top.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby jodieohdoh » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:29 pm

Aye but still... we all know that deodorising at work is shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted :D
jodieohdoh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:47 pm

jodieohdoh wrote:Aye but still... we all know that deodorising at work is shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted :D

My attention has been drawn once again to the fact that I have clearly led a sheltered life.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:14 pm

Dot wrote:jodie,

The one good thing is at least the Anti Perspirant goes on in such a way I don't have to see any bare flesh.
She sort of sprays it up the inside of her top.

jodieohdoh wrote:Aye but still... we all know that deodorising at work is shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted :D

I might be wrong about this but aren't anti perspirants and deodorisers different things?

Anti perspirants block the pores to stop perspiration getting out. Deodorisers mask the smell if that sweat isn't washed off reasonably quickly.

People perspire for a very good reason. Stopping that happening probably isn't a smart move.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:57 pm

Dot wrote:I am amazed what some people get up to at their desks in work.
One lady seems to do her whole beauty routine without having to go to the ladies room.
Anti Perspirant, make-up and hairspray are all applied from the comfort of her desk.

Is she one of those going through "the change" and lets everyone know it?
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:31 am

Fat Cat wrote:
Dot wrote:I am amazed what some people get up to at their desks in work.

What counts her money as well ! - has this woman no shame :roll: :wink:
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:03 am

There's a bus that stops outside my window every ten minutes* and about this time of the morning I expect to see them in there putting on their slap. It begs the question, what state did they leave the house in? Why bother putting it on in the bus? Why bother at all? I didn't grow up with this girlie nonsense and very few of the women in my family play with the stuff. Think of all that money I haven't wasted.

It's either gilding the lily or clutching at straws. I prefer to wear my ugliness on the outside. It means I get the bench to myself on the bus.

(*obviously not the same one. )
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hungryjoe » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:01 am

Fat Cat wrote:

Guy takes his wife into casualty. She's got 2 black eyes, a fat lip and a broken nose. The doctor asks how she got her injuries, the guy explained that she was going through the change. "Going through the change doesn't cause injuries like that." "It does when the change is in my fucking' pockets."

*I'm here all week*
Multi dinero, multi ficky fick, multi divorce.
hungryjoe
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:05 am

Fat Cat,
The lady in question is young and a long way off from this stage of her life.

Bridie,
As for cash she came back from lunch recently have spent nearly £80.00 on toiletries. :o

Getting back to question of Anti-Perspirant v Deodorants.
I prefer anti-perspirants myself as I don't want to run risk of having wet underarms.
At the end of the day I suppose it is an individual thing.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Dot wrote:Getting back to question of Anti-Perspirant v Deodorants.
I prefer anti-perspirants myself as I don't want to run risk of having wet underarms.

Too much information 8O
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:57 pm

BrigitDoon wrote:There's a bus that stops outside my window every ten minutes* and about this time of the morning I expect to see them in there putting on their slap. It begs the question, what state did they leave the house in? Why bother putting it on in the bus? Why bother at all? I didn't grow up with this girlie nonsense and very few of the women in my family play with the stuff. Think of all that money I haven't wasted.

It's either gilding the lily or clutching at straws. I prefer to wear my ugliness on the outside. It means I get the bench to myself on the bus.

(*obviously not the same one. )

I see that on the train every day, i always hope and pray that as we hit greenhill junction at 100mph (for those who dont know this place, its where the edinburgh line and the line north seperate), the lipstick ends up half way up their face, sadly not seen that yet!!
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:08 pm

Fat Cat,

You are quite right.
It's a known fact that men perspire and women just 'glow'.

tobester wrote:I see that on the train every day, i always hope and pray that as we hit greenhill junction at 100mph (for those who dont know this place, its where the edinburgh line and the line north seperate), the lipstick ends up half way up their face, sadly not seen that yet!!

Do you really want to see some auld doll getting off the train looking like 'The Joker'?
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:05 pm

I remember years ago, driving into work and the woman in the car behind was applying her make-up. I could see in the rear view that she was hardly paying attention to the road. She was getting a bit close, so I speeded up. We didn't go very far before I spied a tractor about to pull out of a field as it always did at that time of the morning. I applied the brakes to let the farmer out and the woman behind woke up a moment too late and pranged it into the wall. She needn't have bothered with the make-up after all - her face had turned a gentle shade of beetroot.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions