Workplace Hates

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Workplace Hates

Postby ilookedup » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:01 pm

Acronyms.

company I work for has so many we have actually have a website dedicated to these. We have people, usually in the programme management side, who can only speak in acronyms.
Can only imagine how they talk to their partners at home ...
ilookedup
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby ilookedup » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:38 pm

Potty Training

Where I work we are all reasonably intelligent, well qualified (not always the same thing), yet there are some guys who don't understand that flushing the toilet is an integral part of having a dump.
ilookedup
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby HollowHorn » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:34 pm

Don'tlookdown.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:52 pm

::):
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby ilookedup » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:25 pm

groan
ilookedup
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby the researcher » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:53 pm

Ive worked in jobs where my co workers(thats a laugh it was a goverment work scheme most of them skived or came in late but they never got their wages docked and they got promoted to more days) all they seemed to talk about was how drunk they got in the pub the night before which was of no interest to me as i dont drink alcohol never have done never will do
what annoyed me about them being promoted to more days(you started on three days and it gradually increased to five days) was i was never late never stayed off and did what tasks i was assigned yet was constantly overlooked for promotion to extra days
thinking back now maybe i should have followed their example and skived and walked in late maybe i would have been more appreciated
another goverment scheme i was on a woman in the office cooked eggs in the microwave every day and stunk the place out with the smell of eggs i used to go for a walk when she started cooking as the smell was deplorable and the smell was still there for most of the day despite an air freshner spray being used
THE FLYING SCOT MADE BY RATTRAYS IN GLASGOW THE BEST BICYCLE EVER MADE
the researcher
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Josef » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:04 pm

the researcher wrote:what annoyed me about them being promoted to more days(you started on three days and it gradually increased to five days) was i was never late never stayed off and did what tasks i was assigned yet was constantly overlooked for promotion to extra days

did you have to submit a written promotion request form
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby the researcher » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:30 pm

no it was the chargehand who decided who was promoted it was a manpower services scheme working for the local district council parks department making paths round a large pond planting trees etc
the ones am talking about (the skivers) were seen by the head of the parks department playing rounders instead of working apart from getting a bawling out by the chargehand nothing else was done to them and they were the twats who were promoted while the rest of us worked our balls off!
strange thing about the manpower services job creation scheme if you worked for the regional council they paid more wages for less hours ie the district council job i was on paid me £47 for working 24 hours per week when i did a manpower scheme which was paid by the regional council i got £59 for working 19 hours a week mind you in the mid 8o's your money went further as things were a lot cheaper then
the regional council scheme came to an end because the maggie thatcher scrapped it and changed it to training for work which was your benefit plus £10 per week training allowance but the place i worked for the disfigurement guidance centre couldnt keep us on as they were told they (the charity) would have to employ a trainer at the centre so we all ended back signing on again typical tory goverment and this lot arent any better i would say their policies are actually worse than in maggie thatchers time
quote from the goon show the sleeping prince(still available on bbc radio4 extra iplayer) labour exchange man what type of work are you looking for mr seagoon ? seagoon replies a job with pay but no work! ::):
THE FLYING SCOT MADE BY RATTRAYS IN GLASGOW THE BEST BICYCLE EVER MADE
the researcher
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby edward carolan » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:24 pm

When was this?
If they were taking the piss, you were well within your rights to take the bat off them, and if they objected to smack them smartly in the nuts with the bat. I presume they were male as no woman would pull a stunt like that. Sorry I lost the point of most of these posts, was it they acted up and you let them now you belly-ache about considerably later. this has relevance to what? now? If have got this wrong please enlighten me.
edward carolan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dot » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:21 pm

Why do people wait till the last Friday before holidays and ring up about the most trivial of things which could wait till we return?
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vinegar Tom » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:48 pm

I have cunningly taken Friday off and can deal with leasure anyone who is nuts enough to be at work on monday ::):
Glasgow ya bas!
Vinegar Tom
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Creeping Spleen » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:49 pm

People, mainly women, who have great difficulty understanding the simple concepts of - "You are an adult, not a child. This is your place of work, not school. Fucking grow up, and get on with your job".
Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.
The Creeping Spleen
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:55 pm

I hate when the heating breaks down at work.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Creeping Spleen » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:45 pm

Managers and Team Leads etc. who don't know the difference between "manage" and "micro-manage".
Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.
The Creeping Spleen
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:27 pm

I hate when you ring for information and you get quizzed for half an hour before you get through to someone who can help.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions