The 'Homers' Network!

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby menziespandd » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:17 pm

come on guys, where are all the plumbers? need a bathroom moved and radiators fitted. could u make it cheap if i supply the tea and biscuits?
menziespandd
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Glamarama » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:12 am

Ok bizzare request time. I'm looking for a police checked close up magician, any suggestions?
Glamarama
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby AlanM » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:55 am

Try and give Mr Walton at Tam Sheppard's, Queen St. a call he knows most of the magicians in the West of Scotland and should be able to point you in the right direction

HTH
Alan
AlanM
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Glamarama » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:39 am

Thanks Alan, will give it a go.
Glamarama
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby tommytank » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:27 am

Glamarama wrote:Ok bizzare request time. I'm looking for a police checked close up magician, any suggestions?

8O I'm scared to ask what that ones for!

I'm an engineer and general technical footerer.
Also handy for grinch work, dont mind the occasional lugg-about of stuff!
Plus, and interestingly enough, through a bizarre business twist, i can (and i am insured to..) drive anything included in a regular drivers license... so if you buy a car and need it legally shifted (provided its MOT'd and taxed of course!) I'm your man! :)
tommytank
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Reverend Scapegoat » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:12 am

I'm a DJ ( Mostly rock / metal stuff... No cheesy party nonsense here ;) ), and I run an Airsoft site ( Like Paintball, but better. A few folk from here have played, I think. ) so if you're looking for a good staff day out, that's cheaper than Paintball will REALLY turn out to be... Gimme a shout.

Anyone any good at flooring lofts?
Got a load of tongue-and-groove flooring, but it's been cut in half so one side of each piece is smooth ( "It wouldn't fit in the car otherwise." GAH! ) Therefore I need to find a joiner to put it down properly and the guy who was lined up has vanished.

Cheers!
Reverend Scapegoat
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby McShad » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:24 am

Hahahaha, no cheesy party music... come on Steve... did'nt someone once ask DJ Sammy - Heaven when you were in Privilege?
I seem to remember falling on the shawdy DJ box floor laughing at your face

And, perhaps not total cheese, but you did play Kiss - God Gave Rock and Roll To You for the staff (we were all dance and house club bar jocks.... it was the only one they could think of)
McShad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Reverend Scapegoat » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:58 am

I may have been ASKED for DJ Sammy, but I think I told the young lady in question that she was there on the wrong night of the week for that.
Then politely declined her friend's offer of an oral bribe.

And God Gave Rock And Roll To You II is one of the classics - Shame that some idiot fell and knocked himself out on the concrete dancefloor just as it started, though!
Reverend Scapegoat
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby McShad » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:02 pm

Yeah.... not often I had to light up a dancefloor that bright.... full lights on and pointing down

The guy was a fanny though
McShad
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mooshimooshisan » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:16 pm

I had a magician at my wedding to entertain folks whilst we were off geting photographed - he was most entertaining and very reasonably priced. I will try and find his details for you tommytank, if you are still loooking.
mooshimooshisan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Reverend Scapegoat » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:19 pm

He was almost an ex-fanny!

Hmm... I need to give the managers of Buffalo Joe's a shout, see if they've redeveloped the entire building or if the top floors are still empty.

Anyhoo - Do we have any joiners here? Getting desperate for this attic to be floored now! :S
Reverend Scapegoat
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby cheesylion » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:34 pm

I am a Cabaret Singer, Karaoke Presenter, Actor, I do radio/TV voice-overs and jingles.

Reasonable rates for weddings, b/day parties etc!!

07949 506 107 [email protected]
Ching Ching!!!!!!!
cheesylion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby macca734 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:52 pm

Sharon wrote:Great idea!

Mmmm ... now i can do websites, graphic design, other computery stuff... and I am not bad as an amature councellor !

I would barter any of these services for a houseboy.

I look ridiculous in a maids costume (hey, I was a student once) but not bad in an apron (OK, I was a really POOR student once.)

Ummm, I can do lots of things but my background is in engineering. Aerospace, Electrical, Electronic and now Civil. So if you want me to work out the Reynolds number of your house, while digging up its foundations and wiring in a number of lights that flash in sequence, I'm yer man.

I also have a few awards for creative writing, can do Quality Assurance, although I'm a bit rusty at that, photography and other things I cant discuss on here. Thats not intended to create mystery but if I did talk about it here, I would promptly get flung off the board. Its nothing illegal or immoral, just something I wont bang on about, yet!!!!
macca734
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby macca734 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:53 pm

Reverend Scapegoat wrote:I'm a DJ ( Mostly rock / metal stuff... No cheesy party nonsense here ;) ), and I run an Airsoft site ( Like Paintball, but better. A few folk from here have played, I think. ) so if you're looking for a good staff day out, that's cheaper than Paintball will REALLY turn out to be... Gimme a shout.

Anyone any good at flooring lofts?
Got a load of tongue-and-groove flooring, but it's been cut in half so one side of each piece is smooth ( "It wouldn't fit in the car otherwise." GAH! ) Therefore I need to find a joiner to put it down properly and the guy who was lined up has vanished.

Cheers!

Reverend Scapegoat from NB4?

Small world!!!

:twisted:
macca734
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby gwendle » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:10 pm

Does anyone know/in a good wedding band that is restricted to 2 ceilidh songs at the most?

please help. :)
gwendle
First Stripe
First Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions