I'm coming home...hopefully....

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby duncan » Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:25 pm

alexxe wrote:If council tax is based on the value of your house, how does that work if you're renting a flat in a building of flats or a flat in a house? Also, I guess you get a monthly bill?

then it's still based (roughly) on the value of the property, and is to be payed for by whoever lives there - you don't have to actually own the property. if you're sharing a flat, then the tax bill is made out to all the tenants, i.e. you split the bill between you. it starts to get complicated if some of them are students or otherwise not required to pay all/some of the council tax.

and yes, it's monthly bill, although for some reason in Glasgow they spread it across 10 months instead of 12. I think the average is Band D
duncan
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Kirsty » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:12 pm

Or don't pay it and let it go to the sherriff officers, let them arrest your wages and you only have to pay £80 a month if your earn 13000

or maybe not sorry got a bit carried away there :oops: :oops: :oops:

Kirsty
Kirsty
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby alexxe » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:38 am

Wow, that's amazing, I can't imagine all those parents putting up with their kids living at home. I've been on my own since I was 17, that would drive me nuts.

Thanks for the better explanation of the council tax. I'm starting to think maybe I should come for a month or two, just to get my bearings and then return later for a longer period of time. Sigh, it's all so complicated and expensive.

I just want to come home, if that makes any sense.
It's a kind of magic...
alexxe
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby yokonopojo » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:55 am

:D
yokonopojo
Just settling in
Just settling in

Previous

Return to Random Distractions