Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby duncan » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:36 pm

Sharon wrote:frogs eggs...

what?
duncan
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:40 pm

Ah ... you were clearly never treated to this delicacy!!

Which in reality was semolina... or tapioca... whichever it is that looks like frogspawn ... ugh
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mrlipring » Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:31 pm

tapioca, yeah. Horrid stuff. All slimy and minging. It's like tiny frogspawn, yeah.

Ugh.
"You just keep pumping away until someone suitably qualified tells you to stop."
mrlipring
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Captain Brittles » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:29 pm

paladin wrote:Them little bottles of milk at primary school were the best bit of nutrition.

Ah' the wee bottles that manys a time in a severe winter (remember them?) would be frozen like a Jubilee, sometimes you were lucky and only the first inch was solid.

To say nothing of the outside toilets ........................ ye might remember :twisted:
Captain Brittles
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby paladin » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:36 pm

Captain Brittles wrote:To say nothing of the outside toilets ........................ ye might remember :twisted:

Before anyone get's the wrong idea............the outdoor toilets were where the Olympic and World Championships were held at primary school-level...........to see who could pee the highest.

I remember the crate of milk just sitting outside the classroom, but for some strange reason the Teacher would always need reminding.
paladin
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Captain Brittles » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:14 pm

paladin wrote:
Captain Brittles wrote:To say nothing of the outside toilets ........................ ye might remember :twisted:

Before anyone get's the wrong idea............the outdoor toilets were where the Olympic and World Championships were held at primary school-level...........to see who could pee the highest.

I remember the crate of milk just sitting outside the classroom, but for some strange reason the Teacher would always need reminding.

The infant school classes actually Paladin - F.U.N. it was :wink:

The galvanised steel milk crates remind me of my first day at school - which was a wet August morning in 19__ :roll: ............. and with the wooden floors buffed up so that you could see your face in them (if dry) the resulting water coming off boots & shoes created a wee bit of a hazard and of course your's truly slipped and split his head wide open on the sharp corner of the milk crate. The lovely teacher (a Mrs. McGibbon) doen some rudimentary first aid and off home I went.
These days there would be a judicial inquiry and a hefty claim lodged. I had a wee greet, got up, gave myself a shake ....... and screamed for my mammy :)
I think the latent effects of the injury are just kicking in noo ::):

Baby Boomers still Rule - OK?
Captain Brittles
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby paladin » Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:17 am

Captain Brittles wrote:The infant school classes actually Paladin - F.U.N. it was :wink:

There's still time to put a claim in for traumatic injuries, but you would need to concur..................that it was Primary Schoolthat you sustained this head injury...........mibbe not, perhap's we can play on the memory loss bit?

After the fall, the Primary School became the Infant School. I think there is a lot of potential here..........my client went on to think he was John Wayne in later years.

No win, no fee Captain.

:wink:
paladin
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:15 am

Sharon wrote:Ah ... you were clearly never treated to this delicacy!!

Which in reality was semolina... or tapioca... whichever it is that looks like frogspawn ... ugh

In my family its "cats eyes and dogs snotters" - love the stuff :)
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Captain Brittles » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:34 pm

paladin wrote: there is a lot of potential here..........my client went on to think he was John Wayne in later years.[/i]
No win, no fee Captain.
:wink:

Yer on, though you should know that I prefer to be known as Keith-Keith, after all, Olivia Newton-John is my mother and I was born on the Banks of the Old Hi-o .....

posibilties, possibilities :wink:
Captain Brittles
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby DickyHart » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:17 am

I had the distincy 'honour' of being a dinner monitor, which meant i took the dinner ticket or clipped it if you had a five day one, and let you up for your pudding when you where finished. I got sacked the day someone smacked the head of geography in the eye with a totty. I didnt grass.
Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby paladin » Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:49 am

Captain Brittles wrote:Yer on, though you should know that I prefer to be known as Keith-Keith, after all, Olivia Newton-John is my mother and I was born on the Banks of the Old Hi-o .....

posibilties, possibilities :wink:

Second thoughts...........had an informal interview with the other side (Mrs. McGibbon)......who said that the young man who bumped his head on the milk crate was trying to turn the floor into a Grease - like slide.

Mrs McGibbon also said that the same young man used to flick the peas off the side of his dinner plate at the teachers.

8O
paladin
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby kirkyguy » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:56 am

Tottie ballers...they used to ball the totties beforehand and put them on the green plates, so that when you got them there was a kind of hard skin crusty thing going on.....apart from that and the semolina school chuck was ok i can remember queing in the dinny seconds line on several occasions...infact most days....fish cakes with no fish just an aroma of fish..
kirkyguy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Alchemist » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:19 pm

i can remember queing in the dinny seconds line on several occasions...infact most days....

I remember the day they got this "job lot" of liver, yuch....
No seconds for me, the first round was bad enough, unless
it was that carmel cake stuff, best thing they ever had :P
Alchemist
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby DickyHart » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:25 am

the caramel cake was a genius invention
Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby evilmiss » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:09 am

I remember being offered the delicacy of 'Spaghetti Hoop' pie. It was a base of shortcrust pastry, smothered with the formidable hoops, cut into squares for our dining pleasure.

I just remember everything that had to be sliced, was always cut into squares.

My favourie custard was the chocolate - well, brown custard, with the luvverly caramel shortcake, covered with the chocolate hundreds&thousands...

School Dinners
School Dinners

Concrete Chips
Concrete Chips

Soggy Semolina
Soggy Semolina

I feel sick
Toilet Quick
I'm too late
I've done it on my plate.

(to be sung to the tune of 'Frere Jacques') :D
Don't dream it. Be it.