Links to funny, cool or interesting stuff

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Links to funny, cool or interesting stuff

Postby Vinegar Tom » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:59 pm

It might look that way just now Mr Cabbage, but just wait till yesterday evening.

Most of the regulars here are off on interstellar travels or creating time travel related temporal paradoxes.

I think? Otherwise they have been away for a long time.
Glasgow ya bas!
Vinegar Tom
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Cabbage » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:06 am

Vinegar Tom wrote:... just wait till yesterday evening.

It took me a while to digest this sentence. :)

Seriously, I don't visti pubs and I was hoping to find a forum where I can drop in for a short chat after a day spent alone in my flat. I don't think this is it. :(
Cabbage
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Delmont St Xavier » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:43 am

That's a shame you feel that way, the problem with our forum is that most of the regular and excellent contributors have passed to the great forum in the sky. Search for Hollowhorn and you'll find a vast amount of information that would allow you to engage for weeks.

The other issue is that social media group run well know by some as F******K but and so you have a minority left, a small group of worthies many of whom fail to post anymore. It needs people like YOU to keep us on our toes and to provoke us to get back to what this forum was, so please don't walk away.
"Listen, it's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself. And in your case, that's enough."
Delmont St Xavier
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:31 pm

Delmont St Xavier wrote:That's a shame you feel that way, the problem with our forum is that most of the regular and excellent contributors have passed to the great forum in the sky. Search for Hollowhorn and you'll find a vast amount of information that would allow you to engage for weeks.

The other issue is that social media group run well know by some as F******K but and so you have a minority left, a small group of worthies many of whom fail to post anymore. It needs people like YOU to keep us on our toes and to provoke us to get back to what this forum was, so please don't walk away.

You lost me on that second paragraph.......
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:08 pm

oh cabbage don't be hasty.we have lost so many great contributors from this forum in the not too distant past,so get the strip on,get aff the subs bench and join the team.forward lines not getting any younger you know. :roll:
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Delmont St Xavier » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:43 pm

RDR wrote:
Delmont St Xavier wrote:That's a shame you feel that way, the problem with our forum is that most of the regular and excellent contributors have passed to the great forum in the sky. Search for Hollowhorn and you'll find a vast amount of information that would allow you to engage for weeks.

You lost me on that second paragraph.......

Have you tried using GPS? ::):
"Listen, it's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself. And in your case, that's enough."
Delmont St Xavier
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Cabbage » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:21 pm

Delmont St Xavier wrote: ... the problem with our forum is that most of the regular and excellent contributors have passed to the great forum in the sky. Search for Hollowhorn and you'll find a vast amount of information that would allow you to engage for weeks.

I want to chat with somebody who will respond, not just to read. That is what forums are for, isn't it? i have plenty of good books to read already, I don't need to turn forums into readings.

Not walking away (yet), but not logging in often as well.
Cabbage
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby MissBliss » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:29 pm

Cabbage wrote:Hm, this forum looks deserted. :(

Quite :roll:
MissBliss
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Vinegar Tom » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:55 pm

Welcome MissBliss, some of us pop in from time to time and there are some hard working Mods who harvest the spam to keep the place tidy!
Glasgow ya bas!
Vinegar Tom
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby EricaWar » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:08 pm

For those who want a cheaper and quicker alternative to an in-salon blowdry here is an interesting link - http://beauty-tips-and-tricks.com/multitasking-volumising-blowdry-brush/. This is Multitasking Volumising Blowdry Brush, a tool that dries your hair, boosts volume and leaves your strands super shiny.
EricaWar
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby banjo » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:37 am

not funny,not cool,not interesting................jog on.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Delmont St Xavier » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:16 am

I miss the old days on this forum when spam posts such as this would have been removed almost instantly.

Maybe I'm looking at this through rose tinted glasses but it was better way back then.... I also miss Hollowhorn and those we've lost, the forum was excellent then and always something popping up. We've died a death and these spammers come on plying their snake oil.
Delmont St Xavier
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:58 pm

SNAKE OIL,where? ive been after that stuff for ages. ::):
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Creeping Spleen » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:39 pm

This is interesting.

An interactive map of how your hometown moved around on the landmass millions of years ago.

https://mymodernmet.com/ancient-earth-map/
Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.
The Creeping Spleen
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Henrysix » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:55 pm

I shall give it a wee shufty Spleen
Henrysix
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions