Driving on the right poser

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby Seamey » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:19 am

Going up the ramp in St Enoch's is I'm sure is on the left.
Seamey
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Seamey » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:24 am

Going by the times of Ronnies and Sharon's posts HG must be an insomniacs pleasure palace.
Seamey
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Sharon » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:32 am

Didnt you realise HG also functions as an insomniacs support group!!??
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Sharon » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:32 am

Ronnie wrote:Odd how the last two entries are *so* similar, right down to the same spelling mistake!

Pure coincidence!!
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Seamey » Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:13 pm

ok you're all dying to know...

its the north access goods entrance to the buchanan galleries
Seamey
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby JayKay » Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:48 pm

Walked past it this afternoon. It has probably the only "Keep right" sign I've seen in this country.
*value of posts can go down as well as up.
JayKay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby First Bus Driver » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:14 am

PlasticDel wrote:Number of idiots I see going coming o'er that Queen St bridge is unreal. They get torrents of abuse too, and they all look confused. "Why's that bus driver screaming at me?"

Idiots!

:roll:

I know what you mean mate.

Another thing is the 'No right turn' just off bryes road turning onto Gt Western Road. You get idiots trying that all the time. They get some amount of abuse too. Especially from the taxis
First Bus Driver
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Apollo » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:36 pm

I'll venture that most of the 'idiot's' don't know any better due to the poor signing of the Byre's Road right turn ban and have no idea what the problem is. I'm sure visitors don't have time to digest the hieroglyphics prior to the junction, which is hardly one of Glasgow's quietest.

I had the bad fortune to come up to that one in the midst of a storm (couldn't see other traffic let alone signs) and did the right turn thing and had no idea until I was walking by a few days later. Probably the first time I'd driven that way as I normally arrive there turning left down Byre's Road from Gt Western.

They'll probably have removed it by the time I turn tha way again, and I'll still do it wrong :oops:
Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby PlasticDel » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:01 am

The entrance into glasgow Central Station (I think that's where it's going anyway) off Hope St is a "keep right" too.
PlasticDel
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby mrlipring » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:23 pm

there's no sign, but what about the entrance to tesco's car park in kilmarnock? It's a one-way system, with a road into and out of the car park, so obviously it makes sense that the IN road and OUT roads get swapped around to make driving on the right a necessity.
mrlipring
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby purplegrum » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:36 pm

mrlipring wrote:there's no sign, but what about the entrance to tesco's car park in kilmarnock? It's a one-way system, with a road into and out of the car park, so obviously it makes sense that the IN road and OUT roads get swapped around to make driving on the right a necessity.

Yeah that is absolutely crazy coz every time I get to the bottom of the IN road I meet some ol' biddy who doesn't know what to do since I'm coming down the wrong side of the road.

PlasticDel wrote:They get some amount of abuse too. Especially from the taxis

I can never understand why taxi drivers do this... for a start, who the hell do they think they are - they don't own the road and everybody can make a mistake, especially if you're not used to driving in the city or perhaps are a visitor/tourist. The taxi drivers always give hell to anybody that continue's on past Buchanan Bus Station after the junction at the UGC - but I mean OK they made a mistake, but why toot and flash lights at folk coz they can't pick the damn car up and move it to the right bit of road. No patience... [/rant]
purplegrum
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby PlasticDel » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:39 am

purplegrum wrote:
PlasticDel wrote:They get some amount of abuse too. Especially from the taxis

I can never understand why taxi drivers do this... for a start, who the hell do they think they are - they don't own the road and everybody can make a mistake, especially if you're not used to driving in the city or perhaps are a visitor/tourist. The taxi drivers always give hell to anybody that continue's on past Buchanan Bus Station after the junction at the UGC - but I mean OK they made a mistake, but why toot and flash lights at folk coz they can't pick the damn car up and move it to the right bit of road. No patience... [/rant]

Maybe they're concerned for other's safety... I get mad at people on the road too. I knw what ya mean though, people getting annoyed at other people who just might not know stuff. I think it;s coz the roads are so busy and f*cked and we need measures to prevent congestion in the first place. Then maybe we'll thin the dafties aff the road.
PlasticDel
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Random Distractions