Dog knocked down

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Dog knocked down

Postby sandabound » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:25 pm

I saw a small dog knocked down by a car last night, the car stopped as did another driver & myself, the dog owner was distraught, then the wee dog opened it's eyes so the panic started thinking of where there would be a vet at 7.20pm on a Friday night, I suggested North Street as I'd taken my dog there when he was knocked down, but a nearer vet was suggested by one of the other drivers, so I don't know how it all panned out. as I said I've been in that position, you know what do if it's a person, but not an animal.

Vets know the way people feel about there pet's & places like North Street are manned 24hrs (at a cost) I was wondering if the likes of the Glasgow Taxi's TOA could come up with a deal for emergency vets so that if your dog/cat etc is knocked down you could ring a cab & the cost of the cab goes onto your vet bill, the drivers would need to volunteer to take part in this service, so I don't mean every cab, say 1 in 4 ? they'd need equipment a waterproof floor cover etc, so i'm wondering if fellow HG members have any thought's on this or a similar idea.

Please don't state the obvious, dogs should be on a leash at all times, cars are dangerous, irresponsible owners, yada yada.
sandabound
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Dog knocked down

Postby moonbeam » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:00 pm

The Vet Hospital in Switchback Road has 24 hour walk in cover for dogs, cats etc. But phone in advance.. I took my dog to it at 11pm after it got badly bitten by another dog. It will cost money but I was able to claim some back via my pet insurance. It is probably the best animal hospital in Britain! Well better than A&E in our NHS hospitals!
moonbeam
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:55 pm

moonbeam wrote:The Vet Hospital in Switchback Road has 24 hour walk in cover for dogs, cats etc. But phone in advance.. I took my dog to it at 11pm after it got badly bitten by another dog. It will cost money but I was able to claim some back via my pet insurance. It is probably the best animal hospital in Britain! Well better than A&E in our NHS hospitals!

Random fact but many many years ago vet students used to (along with Medical Students) get some clinical attachments in hospital, particularly to practise their suturing......
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:13 pm

Insertable Cardiac Monitors , aka reveal devices, removed from humans after they've done their diagnostic work, can be used in dogs.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby sandabound » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:52 pm

moonbeam wrote:The Vet Hospital in Switchback Road has 24 hour walk in cover for dogs, cats etc. But phone in advance.. I took my dog to it at 11pm after it got badly bitten by another dog. It will cost money but I was able to claim some back via my pet insurance. It is probably the best animal hospital in Britain! Well better than A&E in our NHS hospitals!

Thanks for the info Moonbeam :wink:
sandabound
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby moonbeam » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:26 pm

Forgot to mention. Out of hours 1800-9.00am Vet Hospital phone 0141 330 7690. And yes they can provide an animal ambulance!. Well worth visiting. It is state of the art and puts the A&E at our city hospitals to shame. Off Bearsden/ Switchback Road.
moonbeam
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby sandabound » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:47 pm

moonbeam wrote:Forgot to mention. Out of hours 1800-9.00am Vet Hospital phone 0141 330 7690. And yes they can provide an animal ambulance!. Well worth visiting. It is state of the art and puts the A&E at our city hospitals to shame. Off Bearsden/ Switchback Road.

Cheers again Moonbeam
sandabound
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Return to Random Distractions