rip off britain

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

rip off britain

Postby banjo » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:03 pm

had to post a letter today @ 13 bob a 1st class stamp i wont be sending many more.add to my rant sainsbury trying to tell us that frozen chicken fillets retail at about 8 quid a kilo and that frozen scampi costs 21 quid a kilo.in the words of the great jim royale MY ARSE.asda were pulled up a couple of times this year by myself and the bbc watchdog programme for their roll back scams ,are all the supermarkets at it. :evil:
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: rip off britain

Postby tobester » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:32 pm

banjo wrote:had to post a letter today @ 13 bob a 1st class stamp i wont be sending many more.add to my rant sainsbury trying to tell us that frozen chicken fillets retail at about 8 quid a kilo and that frozen scampi costs 21 quid a kilo.in the words of the great jim royale MY ARSE.asda were pulled up a couple of times this year by myself and the bbc watchdog programme for their roll back scams ,are all the supermarkets at it. :evil:

In a word YES, prices go up then 'reduce' to a new 'lower' price that is usually dearer than the original price
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: rip off britain

Postby fourbytwo » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:33 pm

::): I have lost track of just how many times I have had to show/explain to a pensioner that when Tesco offer an item reduced to £2.65, read the lable........they normally sell for 2 for a £fiver anyway.....and that Tesco Macaroni Cheese reduced to £1 for 500g, is also on sale at the normal price of £1 for the 1000 g.... 247.....I double check everything...!
fourbytwo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Return to Random Distractions