Doctors Guidelines...?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Doctors Guidelines...?

Postby War Baby » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:29 am

Over the last few years, I've heard it mentioned several times about Doctors Guidelines. What are these Guidelines from the NHS? Why are they kept private from the general public? I have a feeling that if we knew what some of these guidelines to doctors said, patients might not be too pleased.
War Baby
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Doctors Guidelines...?

Postby busdriver » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:21 am

War Baby wrote:Over the last few years, I've heard it mentioned several times about Doctors Guidelines. What are these Guidelines from the NHS? Why are they kept private from the general public? I have a feeling that if we knew what some of these guidelines to doctors said, patients might not be too pleased.

Feast of Guidelines here: NHS Scot
Reguloj por la gvidado de sagxuloj kaj blinda obeemo de malsagxuloj.
busdriver
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby RDR » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:39 pm

War Baby wrote:Over the last few years, I've heard it mentioned several times about Doctors Guidelines. What are these Guidelines from the NHS? Why are they kept private from the general public? I have a feeling that if we knew what some of these guidelines to doctors said, patients might not be too pleased.

Millions of guidleines avaliable, the're not secret, you just have to know where to find them.
The most well known are these http://www.sign.ac.uk/
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby War Baby » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:37 pm

Thanks RDR,

Following on from what you said about it just being a matter of knowing where to look, I tried googling: "Guidelines to doctors about patients with ...." [and added the problem I am concerned about]. Stuff did come up!

However, on reflection I think I should probably be on a good medical site about this, so I would really like to end this thread at this point. I had blood tests for something and the results were not good, and yet the doctor doesn't seem worried at all. This is why I am suspicious about their guidelines. Thanks again for your help.
War Baby
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Return to Random Distractions