Have you got any snow?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Have you got any snow?

Postby Bridie » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:40 pm

Boxer6 wrote:
Bridie wrote:
Boxer6 wrote:
Bridie wrote:-18 last night in Tyrone (next county)
any experts giving reasons why we are having so far yet another bad winter?

I blame the Russians, personally. (And no, I don't have any evidence!!!)

I seeeeee
Is that the "we'll send them more snow and freezing temperatures so they'll use more gas" theory?

I hadn't even given it that much thought to be honest Bridie!

Could be. 8O

don't worry no more thoughts from me my miniscule singular brain cell has frozen solid.

As well as the snow and the temperatures we now have freezing fog :cry: :cry:
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby InkMan » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:51 am

A question that is often asked is what is happiness? To some it is close friends, for some the company of family, others it may be the smile of a newborn child, many will say the joy of Christmas and the poets amongst us would even say that true happiness is taking lyrical inspiration from a fleeting glimpse of an effervescent willo-the-wisp glowing briefly, yet resplendent, atop the very first dew of spring.

Conversely earlier today I experienced the paradox of happiness when I arrived at Crossmyloof train station to be greeted by the announcement that the scheduled train to East Kilbride was cancelled. My disappointment of having to wait half and hour for the next service was heightened by the sight of the cause of the aforementioned delay which was a train stuck on the track some hundred yards or so from my glance. Not only that but it became quickly apparent that said train had been lay sadly redundant for some time thus bringing into question the prospect of the next train to my eagerly awaited destination into quite some considerable doubt.

Facing this situation with admirable bravery I decided to walk to hail a bus at the Victoria Infirmary only to be slowed by what can be justifiably described as quite astoundingly nauseating stomach craps attributed to the copious amount of coffee I drank during my nightshift. Still the sickness and pain was soothed by the freezing temperature and my subsequent slip and fall as I passed the Battlefield monument.

The bus journey, both slow and without heating, has put another layer of icing on a journey that should have taken half an hour but now sees me sending this epistle at half past ten when I should be cosy and snug in bed.

Sorry to go off on one but I thought it best that I share my story with someone. Please feel free to respond with sympathy.

ScotRail are c*unts as are FirstBus even though this has nothing to do with them - or this thread probably.

Hope all your days have started better than mine has just ended.

Shuggy
Cleggy you snickering floppy eared hound when courage is needed, you're ne'er around.
Those medals you wear on your moth-eaten chest should be there for bungling at which you are best.
InkMan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Hairy Peatcutter » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:07 pm

Inkman,Sorry to hear of your struggle to get home, hope you felt better once your feet warmed up ( along with the rest of you.)
There seems to be a lot of it going on at the moment.
Hairy Peatcutter
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Dot » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:45 pm

Everyone at work is getting frustrated how the snow is hampering their plans for Christmas.
Some people are buying in extra food in case they can't get to relatives for Christmas Day.
Let's hope these cold spells with temperatures of -7 through to -18 (as Bridie mentioned earlier) will not
last for too much longer.

My youngest son was off school on Friday then the school reopened on Monday much to my surprise.
Today we were advised school was closed on 21st and 22nd December due to sub zero temperatures.
He is off now till school reopens on 6th January.

Those of us who missed the works lunch on Friday got refunds as various people off due to weather
conditions. I believe the hotel concerned had a lot of other bookings in same situation.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Hairy Peatcutter » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:18 pm

Have had 1 inch of snow in Wester Ross since 5pm, not sure if its still freezing though.
Hairy Peatcutter
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Hairy Peatcutter » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:31 pm

Frosty last night and passing snow showers today, slight sprinkling on ground, squally at times.
Hairy Peatcutter
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby deborahlove » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:08 pm

Hairy Peatcutter wrote:Frosty last night and passing snow showers today, slight sprinkling on ground, squally at times.

(Cold)SNAP!! Same here. Forecast for Donegal is ten inches by Saturday. Woo hoo!! :wink:
God bless us and save us said auld Mrs Davis, i never knew herring was fish.
deborahlove
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Mori » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:59 pm

BBC

Its back ! Light snow tonight and tommorow. :|
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby nuttytigger » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:21 pm

Nice and white here again
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Marcia » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:36 pm

About 1/2" of snow lying in Mansewood now and it's changed from those wee white specks into big, fat proper snowflakes. Glasgow does look so much more beautiful when it's all white. It really has looked dismal and manky since the thaw.
Marcia
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby north glasgow dave » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:18 am

snowy glasgow
north glasgow dave
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:14 am

Snow overnight in EK - about an inch.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:25 am

BrigitDoon wrote:Snow overnight in EK - about an inch.

Similar amount here in sunny Cummernod, too.

Grrrrr....... :evil:
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Hairy Peatcutter » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:33 pm

More snow in Wester Ross, 2-3 inches near the sea,calmish and snow falling straight down, large flakes at times, roads and verges white and its hard to tell which if which 8O .
Hairy Peatcutter
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby nuttytigger » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:47 pm

2-3 inches at my part of Hamilton
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions