IDS calls "War!" on the Great Unwashed.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: IDS calls "War!" on the Great Unwashed.

Postby Josef » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:44 am

Bridie wrote:
The Egg Man wrote:Horsemeat is perfectly OK food. It's preferable that you know it is what it is, but I'd say that about any foodstuff.

Knowing where it's from is crucial re that injection that horses get that I can't remember the name of.

That's been a bit overplayed in the rush to outrage the General Public.

It is to our equine cousins what Usain Bolt is to us ordinary mortals.

[edited to add] How come every 'meat product', for every supermarket in the UK, is made in Ireland?

I'm in receipt of an email from the Chief Exec of the Co-Op, doing the standard 'We had no idea, etc....' in which he says 'All of our products are made with 100% British beef...'

Why the fuck are you knowingly employing a non-British company to make said products knowing that, at the very least, they're going to have to import the meat and then export it again, then?
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:47 am

lidl[registered in ireland] scottish beef mince.status..born in scotland,raised in scotland,slaughtered in scotland.what happens to it after death they do not say.i buy it regularly.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:57 am

banjo wrote:lidl[registered in ireland] scottish beef mince.status..born in scotland,raised in scotland,slaughtered in scotland.what happens to it after death they do not say.i buy it regularly.

Me too. Although more regularly the Co-Op equivalent, since there isn't a local butcher that is open in my after- work hours.

I have an innate distrust of Irish meat dating from the few times I bought bacon from that country. Wtf is that white frothy stuff you get when you fry it?
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:59 am

Josef wrote:How come every 'meat product', for every supermarket in the UK, is made in Ireland?

I'm in receipt of an email from the Chief Exec of the Co-Op, doing the standard 'We had no idea, etc....' in which he says 'All of our products are made with 100% British beef...'

Why the fuck are you knowingly employing a non-British company to make said products knowing that, at the very least, they're going to have to import the meat and then export it again, then?

Is that in the south or the north? I know that there's a couple of large meat suppliers in the north one of which,I believe has been implicated in the saga.
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:03 am

Josef wrote:
banjo wrote:lidl[registered in ireland] scottish beef mince.status..born in scotland,raised in scotland,slaughtered in scotland.what happens to it after death they do not say.i buy it regularly.

Me too. Although more regularly the Co-Op equivalent, since there isn't a local butcher that is open in my after- work hours.

I have an innate distrust of Irish meat dating from the few times I bought bacon from that country. Wtf is that white frothy stuff you get when you fry it?

You get the frothy stuff from any cheaper bacon no matter where it's made - I've found.
I'm hell of a lucky that i can get this locally;

http://www.blackbacon.com/
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:22 am

Bridie wrote:You get the frothy stuff from any cheaper bacon no matter where it's made - I've found.

Apologies for contradciting you, B, but no you don't .
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:30 am

Josef wrote:
Bridie wrote:You get the frothy stuff from any cheaper bacon no matter where it's made - I've found.

Apologies for contradciting you, B, but no you don't .

I thought it was just that the bacon was stuffed full of phosphates. I used to buy packets from the supermarkets in Scotland and England and they had the white scum.The only time I've never found it was in the local black bacon on that link above.

What about Ayrshire bacon - does that have the white scum*?

*will typing white scum twice give me adverts now for Spike Lee films? :D
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:45 pm

Bridie wrote:
What about Ayrshire bacon - does that have the white scum*?

Just Kilmarnock I think
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby banjo » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:32 pm

the white stuff from bacon is nothing more than salt water which is added to bulk up the weight and generally spits at you when cooking.usually found in cheaper cuts of meat.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:01 pm

banjo wrote:the white stuff from bacon is nothing more than salt water which is added to bulk up the weight and generally spits at you when cooking.usually found in cheaper cuts of meat.

I'm sure that's true, although I've only ever found it to be applicable to Irish produce.

There are three nations where, as Alex Ferguson was quoted as saying, "If they say it's pasta, I check under the sauce". That one, a North African one and a Mediterranean one.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:10 am

Chris Grayling and Teresa May states Tory Government will scrap Human Rights Act

"I cannot conceive of a situation where we could put forward a serious reform without scrapping Labour’s Human Rights Act and starting again."

Unbelievable.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:51 pm

Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Huggy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:11 pm

Ramsay's of Carluke, famous for sludge free bacon, and they will deliver, http://www.ramsayofcarluke.co.uk/history.php
Not to be confused with "Carluke Steak", a piece n jam.

Huggy.
Huggy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:56 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21716638

Between this blatant attempt at anti benefit (I refuse to use the word Welfare) propaganda, and last nights' complete disgrace of "news" coverage in Newsnight - it looks like Allegra Stratton hasn't learned her lessons about telling lies on telly.

Right wing stooge if ever there was one, and yet another reason to steer well clear of the supposedly impartial BBC news on any matters of real import these days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 7_03_2013/

http://liberalconspiracy.org/2012/05/30 ... ng-mother/
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:22 pm

But you'll stick with Question Time?
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions