Norn Iron

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Norn Iron

Postby Bridie » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:24 am

hungryjoe wrote:A wee weegie ned would have just stuck the heid on it.

:D
Hungryjoe - I don't know :wink: I reckons a wee weegie ned would be shittin his wee weegie kegs if he came face to face with a stag deer in the wild (thought).. ..... maybe reintroducing them into the wilds of Possil ?
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:42 pm

Bridie,

Haven't been in Belfast Ikea for a long time and only been once or twice but know people who do seem to go there from time to time. Sorry I can't be more help.
Think the coffee shop/restaurant is popular with some as food is supposed to be reasonable and not too
expensive.

If you log into Ikea.com website you can get opening times of Belfast store or maybe you would rather order online.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:31 pm

Peetabix,

Hope you had a good time.

Did you go to the Mourne Mountains, Silent Valley and Spelga Dam?
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hungryjoe » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:35 am

Bridie wrote:

Hungryjoe - I don't know :wink: I reckons a wee weegie ned would be shittin his wee weegie kegs if he came face to face with a stag deer in the wild (thought).. ..... maybe reintroducing them into the wilds of Possil ?

Well there's hunners a wee neds in Possil. Nae deer that I've ever noticed. Mibbe the deer are feart a the wee neds.
I believe that there was once an experiment to introduce wee neds to the highlands, but the given the paucity of Buckie and Greggs, it was doomed to failure.
Multi dinero, multi ficky fick, multi divorce.
hungryjoe
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Peetabix » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:40 pm

Dot wrote:Peetabix,

Hope you had a good time.

Did you go to the Mourne Mountains, Silent Valley and Spelga Dam?

Hi Dot, sorry about the long delay. We spent a bit of time round the mountains and Spelga Dam. We turned up at the silent valley at 3:50...10 minutes before the gates closed. Gutted. Maybe next time.

We were all over and can't wait to go back again. Our wee hoose in Banbridge was cracking and the town itself isn't too bad for a wee wander about.
Peetabix
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:51 pm

hungryjoe wrote:
Bridie wrote:

Well there's hunners a wee neds in Possil. Nae deer that I've ever noticed. Mibbe the deer are feart a the wee neds.
I believe that there was once an experiment to introduce wee neds to the highlands, but the given the paucity of Buckie and Greggs, it was doomed to failure.

The deer would be fine up til about lunchtime - you rarely see any neds, wee or otherwise, much before then!!
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:03 am

Peetabix,

Glad you enjoyed yourself.

I don't know Banbridge all that well but there are three people I know of from work who travel in from there everyday. The main street is certainly unusual though I suppose that makes it different from other towns.

Meant to ask one of girls the name of the wee place she works in some weekends.
Think it was some sort of coffee shop that also did lunches but of course I forgot.
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby nicolederry » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:56 pm

get yourself to the giants causeway, also check out derry city for its the only completely walled city there is left in euorpe as far as i'm aware, get around the murals and that to, some interesting history, i'm sure most are aware of
nicolederry
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby wee minxy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:38 pm

There is a stunning beach not far from the Giants Causeway, you have to go down quite a steep path, but it's well worth it.
wee minxy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby cheesemonster » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:39 am

nicolederry wrote:check out derry city for its the only completely walled city there is left in euorpe as far as i'm aware

There are lots of cities that still have their walls intact. See here and here. Tallinn should be included as well.
"It's hard to believe people think a real cow dying on film doesn't look like a real cow dying on film"

http://flickr.com/photos/dreamlogic
cheesemonster
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:29 pm

Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dot » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:46 am

Where else would this kind of thing happen?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8391891.stm
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:11 am

Hi Dot and anyone else with an interest in good ol' Norn iron

I'm just catching up with this thread and yes your right about the stramash with Santa and his elves and his moany neighbours 8O Where else would it happen?

We have two local newspapers in the rurals down here and I am constantly amazed and sometimes horrified with what they print or even what they think they can print!
It's not just a case of "Sheep goes missing in Field" headline on the front page but more the complete lack of any journalistic professionalism or ability.
We had a case where a man was appearing in the local court due to assaults on childrens, all the detailed graphic events of the assaults and uneccessary information like the colour of his towels in the bathroom ( I kid you not) were printed on the front page of this family newspaper which also had pics and details of local school events on the same page!!

The recent and most politically incorrect and all true is this from a local hotelier....

http://www.impartialreporter.com/news/r ... off-tower/

Last year he had this 8O

http://www.impartialreporter.com/news/r ... n-goahead/
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:21 am

I had to report the Belfast Telegraph to the PSNI recently, never mind the PCC.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:32 am

BrigitDoon wrote:I had to report the Belfast Telegraph to the PSNI recently, never mind the PCC.

wouldn't suprise me Brigit
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions