Formula One

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Formula One

Postby Dave » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:45 pm

I guess so long as it doesn't run through the east end the cars might keep their wheels, I'd invisaged a run up Argyle St through Kelvin Park round the Uni, onto Woodlands Road - into the City, round George Square and back up St Vincent Street onto Argyle street

Or something like that, they'd need to trim the pavements some but think of the tourism
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:23 pm

dave3009 wrote:There are topics dedicated to politics, this one is formula one so fuck off

I suggest you direct your misplaced ire towards Mori's quote from Brunton's blog (above)
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:25 pm

onyirtodd wrote:
dave3009 wrote:There are topics dedicated to politics, this one is formula one so fuck off

I suggest you direct your misplaced ire towards Mori's quote from Brunton's blog (above)

There are topics dedicated to politics, this one is formula one so fuck off
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Sun May 10, 2009 11:54 am

Hmmm, I think Sebastien Vettel may win today, I have decided to pledge allegiance to Rubens Barrichello for playing the under dog for so long. Lets see, I can take up support for the youngesters in the future.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Sun May 10, 2009 1:41 pm

My boy wins again :D
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Sun May 10, 2009 1:42 pm

Well my hat goes off to Jenson Button. nuff said
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crazygray23 » Tue May 12, 2009 5:42 pm

Ferrari has quit next year's Formula One Championship because of their opposition to the new technical regulations adopted by the FIA.

In a short statement on the team's website, motor racing's most famous team said they will not be on the grid in 2010.

"We confirm our opposition to the new technical regulations adopted by the FIA and do not intend entering our cars in the 2010 F1 Championship," the statement read.

Ferrari are among several teams to have been angered by the FIA's plans to impose a £40m budget cap on teams from next year, and its move will hugely increase the pressure on FIA president Max Mosley to find a compromise.

Crunch talks were already planned in the next few days with the May 29 deadline for 2010 entries fast approaching.

Prior to the Spanish Grand Prix, Toyota boss John Howett said his team were unlikely to commit by that deadline if the FIA pressed ahead with their plans, but it is Ferrari who have made the move first.

Ferrari are the only team to have contested every season of the world championship since the modern format was introduced in 1950.

But more than that, the tradition of the famous prancing horse has long been synonymous with the sport, and the team are the most popular among F1 fans.

The decision to threaten to pull out of the 2010 championship came at a meeting of the Ferrari board of directors in Maranello today.

Ferrari believe the FIA's new regulations would lead to an unacceptable two-tiered F1 championship, which they consider would be "based on arbitrary technical rules and economic parameters".
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Tue May 12, 2009 6:33 pm

Can we find any contenders who care? Ferrari have been throwing the toy out the pram long enough so let them go. Given that a good few Arab nations have invested millions into bring the sport to their shore I'll bet the order book soon dwindles away until they are begging to be let in again. Lets face it Ferrari are one of he few F1 competitiors who offer the rich men a chance to play at F1 - but on the road.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crazygray23 » Tue May 12, 2009 7:37 pm

taking their ball and going home :)

funnily ferarri have been crap so far, i think they have been shown up for what they are which was a two man team , since ross brawn left and schumacher retired they havent been the same
crazygray23
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby well skelpt coupon » Tue May 12, 2009 7:47 pm

crazygray23 wrote:taking their ball and going home :)

funnily ferarri have been crap so far, i think they have been shown up for what they are which was a two man team , since ross brawn left and schumacher retired they havent been the same

Which leads one to point out that Massa was unlucky last year, that Raikonen won the drivers' championship the year before, and that they probably won the constructors' championships in that time. Which is hardly failure. :D

No, it's time that dirty old bastard Moseley got the boot. Although he'd probably enjoy it.

Regards
well skelpt coupon
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Tue May 12, 2009 8:24 pm

crazygray23 wrote:taking their ball and going home :)

The disappearance of Jean Todt has something to do with it too.

Wherever you have Ross Brawn and Adrian Newey, you have winning teams.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Quality Mince » Tue May 12, 2009 10:05 pm

See me, I would get rid of Bernie Ecclestone. The guy’s just a brainless weasel who exerts far too much power and influence not always for the better of the sport.
Quality Mince
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby rotten milk » Tue May 12, 2009 11:56 pm

they're obviously pissed off - if they were jousting for top spot then max/bernie/FIA could obviously bend the rules in their favour to give them the edge, but they're so far off it........
something's not quite right here though - remember everybody thought scumacher was mental to join ferrari when they couldn't even finish a race? they managed ok eventually, didn't they, i.e. they didn't give up

wondering if their finances are a bit shonky, at the mo?
easiest way to save money? quit F1, but make it look like they're being 'forced' out, against their wishes?
hey, d'ye think it's ootside yir in?
rotten milk
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Wed May 13, 2009 7:11 am

rotten milk wrote:wondering if their finances are a bit shonky, at the mo?

FIAT, who own Ferrari, are shaping up to buy GM Europe. That's going to cost a bob or two that they haven't got.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Wed May 13, 2009 3:34 pm

I hear Renault have joined in the boycott as well as a couple of other. the BBC news said the teams were going to thrash it out with Max Moseley - He'll love that ;)
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions