Boredom Thread: What stresses you out / pet hate.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby rank_bajin » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:27 pm

How could I forget...

Hare bloody Krishnas

I will not say Gouranga
rank_bajin
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby kn0wledge » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:26 pm

I'll divide mine into "internet" and "real-world" hates.

Internet:

- Illiteracy.
- txt spk u kno wht i mean.
- l33t sp34k
- Net-Nazism (over-zealous forum mods, etc.)
- Hax0r kiddies (although it's fun teaching them a lesson or two...)
- American keyboards (this is taking me twice as long to type).
- Anything less than a 512k connection.
- Popups.
- Anyone under the age of 18.
- Anyone from third world countries who bothers me.
- Bad-quality music/video files.
- People who think the net should be safe for kids (face it; it isn't).
- Intelligence agencies who want to read my shit (this is why I love encryption)

Real-world:

- Cheap perfume.
- Women drivers.
- Liberal left-wing bleeding-heart arsewipes.
- The moral minority who think they're the majority.
- Tony Blair.
- The Republic of France.
- Renault V6 engines.
- Yer maw.
- Beggars.
- Hare Krishnas.
- Smoking (I HATE smoking).
- Queues.
- Unwarranted rudeness.
- Unwarranted cheerfulness.
kn0wledge
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby turbozutek » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:12 am

amcd wrote:It's not even out yet but this thing could be pretty annoying.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3769447.stm

I can think of many practical uses for this technology and it would be pretty cool to spell out obsenities and insults across a busy room..... But...

These are wwaaayyyyy old - I had a similar device at Raves as early as 1992.. Although it was red LED based.

Chris...
turbozutek
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bex Bissell » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:57 am

What really gets old Bex's right eye twitching is people moaning about people that moan about things that bug them. :?
If something bugs you that much sort the problem out, theres no need to come to the rest of us with the details, we know, no doubt we find them iritating too, no need for the story about the Mobile phone shop or the premium rate telphone number that keeps you hanging on for 20 minutes before you even get a hint of the jesters shoes, sort the problem out Tony Martin style.
That way all the things/people/animals etc..that are causing undue grief, to us all, get dealt with quietly, no need for a big song and dance, just softly softly catchy monkey, and then that way we will all get a nice bit of piece n quiet round here. :wink:

DISCLAIMER!
Bex Bissell does not in any way condone the murdering of theiving gypsies or the use of shotguns
All rights reserved, your statutory rights are not affected by this, please read instructions carefully prior to inserting in oral cavity
Oh, the humanity!
Bex Bissell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby turbozutek » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:17 pm

Bex Bissell wrote:What really gets old Bex's right eye twitching is people moaning about people that moan about things that bug them. :?
That way all the things/people/animals etc..that are causing undue grief, to us all, get dealt with quietly, no need for a big song and dance, just softly softly catchy monkey, and then that way we will all get a nice bit of piece n quiet round here. :wink:

Well, ok... Kinda messes up my thread though doesn't it ???

No moans = no posts. ::):

Chris...
turbozutek
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bex Bissell » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:05 pm

Ah. Theres always a flaw. :(
Oh, the humanity!
Bex Bissell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby crusty_bint » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:48 pm

I also detest:

*feigned intellect
*arrogance
*peole with over-inflated senses of self worth
*nazis
*fascists
*bigots
*homophobes
*heterophobes
*racists
*elitists
*ageists
*small minds
*conspiracy theorists
*reality tv
*Linda Barker ads
*Robert Kilroy Silk
*Toyah Wilcox
here i go, it's coming for me through the trees
crusty_bint
-
-

Postby dazza » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:17 pm

Three bangles and a polo neck.
dazza
-
-

Postby Ronnie » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:32 pm

crusty_bint wrote:I also detest:

Getting into Bing Hitler territory here! :D
upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
Ronnie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby kirkyguy » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:08 pm

Being nice all night for nothing...e.g..going for take away,booze,feeding kids and dog,doing dishes,hoovering,putting kids to bed,reading them stories,taking dog a walk,then coming back to find missus sleeping...a waste of being nice..
kirkyguy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby mustardman » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:06 pm

Hmmmmm, people who can't eat properly, such as greed, not knowing how to use their knive and fork etc.

Going somewhere, when you notice up ahead a gang of neds,...you slow down your pace to make sure they go past where you will be taking your next left or right. But the pace they are walking is to fucking slow, for you to stay behind them. If you stay behind them, you get abuse, or if you walk by them, you are their new centre of attention. Does anyone know what I'm talking about here??
mustardman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby scotia47 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:27 pm

mustardman wrote:Going somewhere, when you notice up ahead a gang of neds,...you slow down your pace to make sure they go past where you will be taking your next left or right. But the pace they are walking is to fucking slow, for you to stay behind them. If you stay behind them, you get abuse, or if you walk by them, you are their new centre of attention. Does anyone know what I'm talking about here??

Yes. :evil:

As for what pisses me off... You'd better make yourself comfortable before reading any further.

I've never had a girlfriend. I want one. I've tried more than once to get one. I always fail miserably each time. This of course makes me feel kinda low at times. So as you can imagine, I don't appreciate it when every time I dare step outside the house I get confronted with an apparently endless stream of couples expressing their affection for each other in [big word]gratuitously[/big word] smug ways, ranging from holding hands as they walk down the street (OK, it doesn't sound like much but a never-ending barrage of it gets to you) to full blown games of tonsil tennis in the middle of the square or a dangerously crowded subway platform. I've seen couple of all ages do this, but most of them seem to be between their late teens and mid twenties, which somehow feels worse. It's quite bad here in Glasgow, but it's far, far worse in Birmingham, where I've just spent the last couple of days. There doesn't seem to be any single girls in that area at all. :(

For reasons unknown, so far I have always managed to refrain from expressing my extreme disgust of the actions of a Smug Couple (SC) whenever I encounter one in public (which is roughly every 2 to 3 seconds). For those of them reading this, I'll express my extreme disgust now:

GET A F***ING ROOM!!! I FIGURED OUT LONG AGO THAT I'M NOT WANTED BY THE OPPOSITE SEX. I DON'T NEED TO HAVE IT CONSTANTLY RAMMED IN MY FACE EVERY TIME I HAVE THE NERVE TO GO OUT THE HOUSE. SAVE IT FOR WHEN YOU'RE IN PRIVATE OR GO TO HELL!!!!!

I'm glad I got that off my chest. :D
scotia47
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby turbozutek » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:22 am

Woah.

Post a picture man !!

Chris...
turbozutek
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fossil » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:57 am

scotia47 wrote:GET A F***ING ROOM!!! I FIGURED OUT LONG AGO THAT I'M NOT WANTED BY THE OPPOSITE SEX. I DON'T NEED TO HAVE IT CONSTANTLY RAMMED IN MY FACE EVERY TIME I HAVE THE NERVE TO GO OUT THE HOUSE. SAVE IT FOR WHEN YOU'RE IN PRIVATE OR GO TO HELL!!!!!

I'm glad I got that off my chest. :D

Try :arrow: http://www.hiddenglasgow.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100

-F-
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Sharon » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:38 am

Maybe i should start that dating site afterall 8O
Beware of yawning dogs.
Sharon
Site Admin