Madeleine

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby lynnski » Fri May 11, 2007 9:33 am

McShad wrote:What proof is there that she was abducted???

Well the fact that the door and windows to the apartment she was in had been jemmied open suggests foul play.

For the record, there was never any proof that Sarah Payne had been sexually abused. The media starting screaming 'hang all paedophiles' before they even found her body.

And I'm afraid Josef has a point. :(
lynnski
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Cyclo2000 » Fri May 11, 2007 10:07 am

Being an idle sort of cove I haven't read all the preceding posts here but one cannot help but reflect on the media coverage vis a vis the parents. If these two had been shellsuit wearing weegies the papers would be calling for their immediate despatch by stone or noose, n'est c'pas? I still cannae quite get my head round why they left such young children unattended. they are not short of a bob i should think, so WTF?
I feel about this as I do about premiership footballers and the like who get caught drink driving. WTF? Get a taxi! You can afford it. Instead there seems to be a "doesn't apply to us" aesthetic at work here...one can imagine the family at the centre of this tradgey shaking their heads in bourgoise indignation as they read their Daily Mirrors..."bloody chavs. left this wee girl unattended! Damned disgrace! Scum of the earth! String 'em up I say...bah!"
Alter Aterius Auxilio Veget
Cyclo2000
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby tedmaul » Fri May 11, 2007 10:23 am

Cyclo2000 wrote: Instead there seems to be a "doesn't apply to us" aesthetic at work here...one can imagine the family at the centre of this tradgey shaking their heads in bourgoise indignation as they read their Daily Mirrors..."bloody chavs. left this wee girl unattended! Damned disgrace! Scum of the earth! String 'em up I say...bah!"

Seeing as you claim some distant relation to the tragic parents in this case, perhaps you would be willing to share your analogy with them at the next family get-together and then report back to the forum with their response?
Jim Hacker: "Are you saying that winking at corruption is government policy?"
Sir Humphrey: "No, no, Minister. It could never be government policy. That is unthinkable. Only government practice."
tedmaul
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Sir Roger DeLodgerley » Fri May 11, 2007 10:56 am

lynnski wrote:
McShad wrote:What proof is there that she was abducted???

Well the fact that the door and windows to the apartment she was in had been jemmied open suggests foul play.

I haven't followed this story and so have no way of knowing if that statement is correct or not, but it does strike me as extremely odd. Why on earth would someone force open the windows AND the doors? :?:
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is generally adopted.
Sir Roger DeLodgerley
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Cyclo2000 » Fri May 11, 2007 11:07 am

Actually, it was the wifes cousin's husband who first expressed this opinion at the last get together.
Who wouldn't feel like this? All sympathy to them but...WTF were they thinking!?!
Alter Aterius Auxilio Veget
Cyclo2000
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Graham » Fri May 11, 2007 12:00 pm

Cyclo2000 wrote:Being an idle sort of cove I haven't read all the preceding posts here but one cannot help but reflect on the media coverage vis a vis the parents. If these two had been shellsuit wearing weegies the papers would be calling for their immediate despatch by stone or noose, n'est c'pas? I still cannae quite get my head round why they left such young children unattended. they are not short of a bob i should think, so WTF?
I feel about this as I do about premiership footballers and the like who get caught drink driving. WTF? Get a taxi! You can afford it. Instead there seems to be a "doesn't apply to us" aesthetic at work here...one can imagine the family at the centre of this tradgey shaking their heads in bourgoise indignation as they read their Daily Mirrors..."bloody chavs. left this wee girl unattended! Damned disgrace! Scum of the earth! String 'em up I say...bah!"

I would have thought reading the preceding posts before wading in with an opinion might be a wise idea, especially if, as you claim, your grannie's budgie's third cousin twice removed is related to theirs and I can't help but wonder what you were attempting to say by mentioning this somewhat tenious link. Were you trying to engender some sort of sympathy from other posters? If so I find it odd that you them went on to lambaste (I use the word in a figurative sense before we get embroiled in a discussion over the literal meaning of the word) the family in your next post.

Personally if I had a link to someone in such a situation (regardless of how tenious) I wouldn't be airing such negative comments about them on a public forum, but I guess everyone is different. Oh and incidentally I don't think either parent fits the profile of a Daily Mirror reader, perhaps you meant Daily Mail?

The main priority here is that the wee girl is returned to her parents. To quote MK in her earlier post,just in case it was one of those you chose not to read, "im sure the parents have learned a dear lesson but hindsight is a wonderous thing"
I was banned for being homophobic.
Graham
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Peekay » Fri May 11, 2007 12:10 pm

Sir Roger DeLodgerley wrote: Why on earth would someone force open the windows AND the doors? :?:

What I saw on t'news the other day is that the abductor(s), and let's not lose sight of who is the actual bad person/people here, came in through the opened door and left through the window. As to why I don't know!

PK
Peekay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Graham » Fri May 11, 2007 12:23 pm

Peekay wrote:
Sir Roger DeLodgerley wrote: Why on earth would someone force open the windows AND the doors? :?:

What I saw on t'news the other day is that the abductor(s), and let's not lose sight of who is the actual bad person/people here, came in through the opened door and left through the window. As to why I don't know!

PK

That would suggest that an accomplice was waiting outside the window, as it would be somewhat tricky to exit by such a method whilst carrying a small child. I would also assume that the window was hidden from view of both the parents and the road?

My initial thought was that the abductor had entered through the window and left through the door and I don't recall any mention of the door being left open.

It's a moot point anyway, the deed is done. The only thing of any importance is that the wee girl is found safe and well.
I was banned for being homophobic.
Graham
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Fri May 11, 2007 12:40 pm

Have you seen the stories about people wearing a yellow ribbon to show support ?
When that sort of thing starts happening you know the hysteria has gone too far. There's surely better ways to show your support, such as leaving the family alone. I'm sure they know everyone wants her to be found safe without these sort of useless gestures.
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby John » Fri May 11, 2007 3:45 pm

It is just the old "boy stuck down a well" syndrome, people love a show.
Last edited by John on Fri May 11, 2007 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby red_kola » Fri May 11, 2007 3:47 pm

glasgowken wrote:When that sort of thing starts happening you know the hysteria has gone too far. There's surely better ways to show your support, such as leaving the family alone.

They are such shrinking violets after all...

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/display.var.1391789.0.0.php

glasgowken wrote: without these sort of useless gestures

Aye.
red_kola
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Fri May 11, 2007 3:58 pm

Hmmmm :? Perhaps not the best decision. They are hardly short of publicity on the case.

And I was just thinking "What next ? T-Shirts ?" 8O
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lynnski » Fri May 11, 2007 5:04 pm

Hmm. Oh dear.
lynnski
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby nuttytigger » Sat May 12, 2007 2:40 am

I really hope they find Madeleine - i had read that her parents had booked the accommodation because of the childcare facilities so there was no reason for them to worry etc.

also people are saying its the parents fault for leaving her that may be the case - but why did the person/people that took her leave the twins who were there as well??

i just hope the little angel is found, today (sat 12th may) coz its her birthday, she's only 4, exactly 1 year younger than my little cousin and i would kill anyone that took her (my little cousin).
nuttytigger
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dave2 » Sat May 12, 2007 9:13 am

There was a TV interview with Ben Needham's mum - he was taken in not dis-similar circumstances in the 1990's from Kos. The Police feel sure he was sold to wealthy Greek or American childless couples, and would be adopted by them and brought up as their child and would never know the truth.
dave2
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions