Ever won a competition or quiz?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby yoker brian » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:09 pm

Back in 1979 when i was all of 6 years old and in the local cub scouts, i won an ashtray of all things - commerative thing with something about Scotland playing in the world cup in Argentina.

I think I still have it somewhere - it's never been used as none of my family smoke.
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vladimir » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:37 pm

it's never been used as none of my family smoke.

Well now is the perfect time to begin! ::):
Vladimir
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:12 pm

I've just won 2 tickets to see Chris Botti at the Jazz Festival, cool!
два сталкиваются
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby MacKenzie79 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:46 pm

A break dancing competition when i was 11 i won a selection box.
I was a member of the Gaelic choir in primary school and we won a trophy for third place in the National Mod.
A couple of poetry competitions in high school - poems printed in school paper and my favourites

were my cross country medals. I won 9 medals in 3 years. I am actually thinking about getting back into it.
MacKenzie79
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby DickyHart » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:12 am

McShad wrote:I won a vespa moped in destiny nightclub

can't really remember how

ya lucky git
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Smartalex » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:31 pm

My mum won a brand new Ford Fiesta after buying a raffle ticket for STV Telethon 93' at Butlins, Ayr.

The raffle was drawn live on Westsound FM and recorded for STV but we had gone back home to Glasgow, A week later two guys from STV turned up at the door and informed us she had won a prize and wisked us all off to STV studios and we met Paul Coia where we recorded an piece for the Telethon.

Paul Coia said "well I guess your wondering what you have won" and showed us a video of the car which was to be delivered by Winch from a RAF Helicopter to us but as a prank the video showed the helicopter winch snap dropping the car into the sea and all my mum could do was laugh and say "arrgh right in the sea" we had to go to Prestwick the next week to pick up the real car.::):

I used to have it on video but it has since disappeared unfortunatley. :cry:
Smartalex
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Schiehallion » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:23 pm

Away back in the year 2000 when I first was on the internet, I discovered you could check your premium bond numbers online at the National Savings website.

So, knowing I'd moved around a bit, I stuck in my 10 numbers and it came back with "you're a winner!". Computer says yes!! So I had to return my bond holders card to claim my prize.

I spent this next week or so dreaming that maybe I was a millionaire. I had found someone who would make me a batmobile and I had worked out how to dump all my pals when a cheque for £100 came through the door. Apparently I had won it back in 1993 so there you go.
Schiehallion
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Margaret » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:50 pm

I once one a bottle of purple hair dye in a raffle in a social club just outside Belfast.
It was all done up in a pretty little basket with cellophane and a pink ribbon - all of the raffle prizes were similarly presented....
Margaret
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Squigster » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:29 pm

I was in an interschool quiz representing John Ogilvie in Hamilton that beat local rivals Blantyre High and Holy Cross - I think it was in 1987 or 88. No actual prize was won, but it made me awfully popular for a few weeks.

Also won an epson printer from the evening times in 2000.
Squigster
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby doonunda » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:20 am

ft
Last edited by doonunda on Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doonunda
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Mori » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:51 pm

ive won 2 open golf tickets at st andrews in 2004 in raffle swaped them for jacket as i am not in to golf.

ive won a 2 year cinema pass to the uci cinema in renfrew st.

walkman radio , set of bathtowels...cudly toy ...no i was'nt on the Generation game. ::):
Mori
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Field Marshall Shug » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:32 pm

I won a Blow Monkeys record from a local radio station when I was in primary school.
Field Marshall Shug
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Location: Listening to Strawberry Switchblade on a burst sofa.

Postby Sydney Rosewater » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:08 pm

Field Marshall Shug wrote:I won a Blow Monkeys record from a local radio station when I was in primary school.

Nae luck.
Sydney Rosewater
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Ever won a competition or quiz?

Postby Toby Dammit » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:49 pm

Jings, I won something! A pair of tickets to attend a special whisky tasting event organised by Laphroaig taking place next week. It's going out live on line too as somekinda pod cast or something.

It's being held at a big posh place called Vinopolis, and there will be special guests and some great stuff to taste. At least I hope we'll get some stuff to taste, and we won't just be watching some experts do it. As I never win anything I didn't bother keeping the competition details after I sent off my entry...
travel, films and stuff https://freakydog.wordpress.com/
Toby Dammit
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Ever won a competition or quiz?

Postby My Kitten » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:31 pm

Toby Dammit wrote:Jings, I won something! A pair of tickets to attend a special whisky tasting event organised by Laphroaig taking place next week. It's going out live on line too as somekinda pod cast or something.

It's being held at a big posh place called Vinopolis, and there will be special guests and some great stuff to taste. At least I hope we'll get some stuff to taste, and we won't just be watching some experts do it. As I never win anything I didn't bother keeping the competition details after I sent off my entry...

Oh i always wanted to go there, expensive place, but it would be good to get someone to talk you through what you should be tasting !
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions