Depression

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Depression

Postby Boxer6 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:57 pm

banjo wrote:probably not im afraid boxer.

Thought not.

Bugger.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:26 am

Boxer6 wrote:
banjo wrote:probably not im afraid boxer.

Thought not.

Bugger.

Time of year as well Boxer.
Not much sunlight and not much in the way of decent weather. Nice cold clear day is better than the unremitting greyness we seem to get.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Scotty100 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:15 pm

Boxer, I am really sorry to hear you are struggling.
I found the support I got from the wonderful human beings on this forum really uplifting.
It also helped reading other peoples stories on this blog http://time-to-change.org.uk/blog/categories/depression
It made me realise I was not alone and mental health issues indiscriminately strike anyone irrespective of sex, sexuality, educational attainment, rich or poor.
Getting help is essential. The support I have received from the medical professionals looking after me and the messages of support and offers of help from the kind people on here without a doubt saved my life.
To everyone struggling with their personal demons, hang on in there. This is one time it really is good to share.
Thanks again
John
Scotty100
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:30 pm

Yep .. Boxer sir, I hope things pick up soon. I am struggling myself at the moment .. these new meds have seen me put two stone on in about three months. It's all I can do these days to keep things at bay let alone start feeling better.

Here's hoping you get a handle on this sooner rather than later mate .. all the best.

As always .. a PM or a text away if you need a chat. I'm sure it wouldn't take much to entice Groover to a session in the pub for a gab and a laugh.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Thanks for the comments guys.

As you say Scotty, the people on this forum are IMMENSE (no offence DS!!) when it comes to a bit of nonsense interspersed with good advice.

Doorstop - I may yet take you up on that, one of these days!
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby edward carolan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:19 pm

edward carolan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:15 am

Not taken the HuffPo long for its UK subsidiary to fall into the ways of the British tabloid press, I see.

I first learned of Ketamine through the pages of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers - where it rightfully belongs. That and in the custody of veterinarians.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:31 am

BrigitDoon wrote:Not taken the HuffPo long for its UK subsidiary to fall into the ways of the British tabloid press, I see.

I first learned of Ketamine through the pages of the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers - where it rightfully belongs. That and in the custody of veterinarians.

It's used as a roadside anaesthetic when there is no alternative to surgery in trying to release a trapped person.
Useful in that context but otherwise I agree.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:05 pm

The latest Drugs Inc. documentary on the National Geographic channel paints a pretty horrific picture of the drug and it's effects.

Being no stranger to certain substances in the past, I'm no prude when it comes to the subject of drug abuse, but why people want to indulge in certain drugs when the effects they give as "recreational" just sound so bloody nightmarish I'll never know.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Boxer6 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:55 pm

Doorstop wrote:The latest Drugs Inc. documentary on the National Geographic channel paints a pretty horrific picture of the drug and it's effects.

Being no stranger to certain substances in the past, I'm no prude when it comes to the subject of drug abuse, but why people want to indulge in certain drugs when the effects they give as "recreational" just sound so bloody nightmarish I'll never know.

Won't ever happen to them, that's why!
Boxer6
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:47 pm

Everybody I know goes away in the end.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby jodieohdoh » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:58 pm

Instant cure, my arse. That is all.
jodieohdoh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby glasgowken » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:24 am

Aimless & lost, felt like this for fucking years now. It can't go on.
GK
glasgowken
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby edward carolan » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:10 am

If anyone had bothered to read the article Ketamine was given to those who were in the very pit of depression and the fact that SRI (serotonin re-uptake inhibitors) take 2 weeks to get to effective levels, a single dose of Ketamine had a immediate effect in lifting the mood of the patients. This is not Mickey Mouse science given we know so little about the connectios of the components and physiology of the brain. read the article and google the sience behind the story to go off like a bunch of Daily Mail readers.
edward carolan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:27 am

Huffington Post (from above)

As the anti-depressants currently available on the market take a few weeks to take effect, researchers hope Ketamine could offer a solution to bridge the gap when patients are at their most vulnerable, it was reported in the Daily Mail.

*alarum*

The Daily Mail is not a reliable source, hence my original cynicism. However...

Nature (a respectable organ)

NMDA receptor blockade at rest triggers rapid behavioural antidepressant responses

Clinical studies consistently demonstrate that a single sub-psychomimetic dose of ketamine, an ionotropic glutamatergic NMDAR (N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor) antagonist, produces fast-acting antidepressant responses in patients suffering from major depressive disorder...

[my bold]

Following from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketamine reference 9
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions