Strike!

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Strike!

Postby Dave » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:19 pm

Sir Roger DeLodgerley wrote:I’m seriously fed up with getting “sorry you were out” cards through my door when I'm in

Next thing will be you getting carded for special delivery that someone else paid serious pennys to have at your door by a time.
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:24 am

Josef wrote:As they do currently, which is a source of one of the grievances here.

Interesting letter in the London Review of Books today from one Pat Stamp (which sounds almost as pseudonymous as Roy Mayall) - I'll try and dig out an online link.

[Edit] : Here you go.

Very interesting read is that .. the reliance on the Royal Mails wonder panacea 'Pegasus' seems to be at the root of many delivery problems. But, as the author says, it takes a stalwart viewpoint not to believe that the whole insistence on an obviously flawed system isn't a cynical, underhanded mechanism to dismantle public support for the Royal Mail in order to minimise the outcry come the fall of the privatisation axe.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lone Groover » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:50 pm

I wonder if they will be able to explain why bills move through the postal system at four times the speed of cheques. ???
"Work hard, Rock Hard, Eat hard, Sleep hard, Grow big, Wear glasses if you need 'em"
Flickr photos - If you can stand them !
www.flickr.com/photos/davetrott/
Lone Groover
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Random Distractions