Double Glazing

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Re:

Postby Josef » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:18 am

The Egg Man wrote:
Bex Bissell wrote:.........................
Remember, comission based salesmen are only as good as their last sale in the eyes of the boss, most are usually a month away from the sack, a underperforming salesman with end of the month sales targets sometimes enables a good bargin, but if you do a bit of research,(look up Companies House) and can get a bit of the chit chat going and wangle out him the companies financial year end then your in the driving seat.
Then if you can hold off and pitch in towards the end of their financial quarter/year then your in a stronger position to haggle as he strives to keep his job.
Done this with the Car and House.

There's good reason to believe this is what was (is?) at the root of the banking crisis of the last umpteen years.

What was?
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Double Glazing

Postby The Egg Man » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:44 am

People whose income and/ or job retention depended on the things they were prepared to do to secure that income, retain that job or secure that promotion.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:40 pm

Egg Man has a point .. how you could stop either the desperate or the greedy from overstepping the mark is another matter.

Especially in the banks .. the upper echelons in the financial sector appear to be bullet proof so far.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hungryjoe » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:20 pm

There's a company in Irvine who used to (I assume still do) make the windows for majority of the firms supplying double glazing.

If you know a good joiner, you can get him to measure your doors/windows, order from Andrew Wright, and get him to fit them. Probably at a quarter of the price and still paying your joiner well. The Advisory service is ok so I've heard but you need to remember that most big companies are just as much cowboys as wee ones.
Multi dinero, multi ficky fick, multi divorce.
hungryjoe
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:21 pm

I used to think licensing was the answer. Pals who worked in Financial Services during the 80s and 90s were licensed to sell certain categories of 'investment' products, depending on the courses they'd sat and exams passed. That licence sat with the salesman regardless of whichever company s/he moved onto to escape the darker deeds of their previous employment. That meant that if their previous employer had to unwind a transaction the salesperson's income from their new employer could be reduced accordingly. It doesn't seem to apply to direct employees of banks etc any more.

In other industries, double glazing being one, salespeople just moved from company to company with impunity.

When adverts for sales people say self motivated they really mean desperate to earn money and some employers aren't too bothered what that need is; big mortgage, school fees, expensive spouse, expensive mistress, serious drug habit - you name it. It's hardly surprising it leads to the sort of mischief we've seen recently and there's almost an inevitabilty that the further up the greasy pole and (and I appreciate this will be contentious) the deeper in the spouses social circle your other half gets, the greater the temptation. Nothing concentrates the mind like your wife reminding you that your closest rival at work has just bought his wife a new Mercedes and news of success (or failure) travels round the social circle faster than an STI.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HelenD » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:49 am

I've been wondering why it's necessary to post a thread asking for a double-glazing company. Makes about as much sense to me as doing a rain-dance in this climate :)
They boil them for 20 of their Earth minutes
HelenD
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Random Distractions