Facebook

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Facebook

Postby minxy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:20 pm

I think it is down for a lot of people just now. I feel an overwhelmng sense of peacefullness and serenity pass over me ::):
minxy
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Facebook

Postby brickwall » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:51 pm

I just troll it to upset people.
eh?
brickwall
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby John » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:04 pm

Yes it had been very unreliable today. The world does seem a more peaceful and productive place as a consequence.
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby John » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:08 pm

They are rolling out lots of system upgrades today and I hear it isn't going well.
'It's a sad day for capitalism when a man can't fly a midget on a kite over Central Park'
John
-
-

Postby jodieohdoh » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Google + panic setting in?
jodieohdoh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby pingu » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:08 pm

might not be around for much longer anyway

some do say the vids a hoax tho
toot toot
pingu
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby pingu » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:20 pm

jodieohdoh wrote:Google + panic setting in?

toot toot
pingu
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:34 pm

John wrote:Yes it had been very unreliable today. The world does seem a more peaceful and productive place as a consequence.

I dumped Facebook about a month ago and I don't miss it.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby jodieohdoh » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:00 pm

BrigitDoon wrote:
John wrote:Yes it had been very unreliable today. The world does seem a more peaceful and productive place as a consequence.

I dumped Facebook about a month ago and I don't miss it.

I would love to dump facebook but it's the only way I can tell some of my family members are still alive.
jodieohdoh
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:57 pm

A warning that all your conacts mobile numbers are on FB now, got posted on my feed how to remove it

Zach Braff
Latest update in the total erosion of your privacy: THE PHONE NUMBERS IN YOUR PHONE are now on Facebook! Click on ACCOUNT at the top right of the screen. Click EDIT FRIENDS, left side of screen and click CONTACTS. You will see phone #s are published here. TO REMOVE your mobile phone contacts from FB, go to Right side of that page, click on "this page" which is at the bottom of the 2nd paragraph.
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:13 pm

tobester wrote:A warning that all your conacts mobile numbers are on FB now, got posted on my feed how to remove it

Zach Braff
Latest update in the total erosion of your privacy: THE PHONE NUMBERS IN YOUR PHONE are now on Facebook! Click on ACCOUNT at the top right of the screen. Click EDIT FRIENDS, left side of screen and click CONTACTS. You will see phone #s are published here. TO REMOVE your mobile phone contacts from FB, go to Right side of that page, click on "this page" which is at the bottom of the 2nd paragraph.

and the problem is?
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:15 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:
tobester wrote:A warning that all your conacts mobile numbers are on FB now, got posted on my feed how to remove it

Zach Braff

and the problem is?

may never know that a contact/friend doesnt want their number broadcast on fb
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:36 am

Facebook keep making such unannounced changes in flagrant breach of the Data Protection Act - which, of course, they're not obliged to obey as they're based in another jurisdiction. Leave well alone, I say.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby RDR » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:48 am

Not a facebook fan for the reasons Brigit states amongst others.
Whilst I can see it helps some keep in touch with family, I have seen it cause a lot of grief between friends and family.
A bit like e mail some folk just don't think before they put comments onto facebook.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby yoker brian » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:36 am

RDR wrote:Not a facebook fan for the reasons Brigit states amongst others.
Whilst I can see it helps some keep in touch with family, I have seen it cause a lot of grief between friends and family.
A bit like e mail some folk just don't think before they put comments onto facebook.

My rule is if I wouldn't say it to someone's face then I don't post it on Facebook.

I avoid the Facebook apps/games like the plague.

And if your daft enough to put your mobile number on Facebook well you deserve anything you get.

I use it primarily to keep in contact with friends & family who are spread throughout the UK & Ireland / Canada / Australia / New Zealand. and with former colleagues.

If you have concerns about security of information - control what details you give, what you post, and who you allow access to.

Thats All ;-)
Milk Sucks, Got Beer?
yoker brian
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Next

Return to Random Distractions