What song are you listening to?

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: What song are you listening to?

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:28 am

Listen to Sunday Morning Oldies with Felonious Munk . Ten till noon on Sunny Govan radio 103.5 FM in Glasgow and online here.

Last night I was at a talk given by Andrew Loog Oldham manager of The Rolling Stones, Immediate Records and Glasgow’s Poets. I had a quick chat with George Gallagher of the band and hope to play at least one of their records this morning along with some other songs from Andrew’s protégés. Two hours of great records from the fifties and sixties are guaranteed.

Requests / shout outs: e mail

Text The Studio: 0779 7805 387

Sunny Govan on MySpace

Felonious Munk

http://www.rockingscots.co.uk/poets.htm
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:47 am

ross sisters,pah.i do that each morning then go for the rolls and papers.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby fourbytwo » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:52 am

8O I play compilation DVD's through my Audio System....LOUDLY, playing all my favs, to include
Little Feat (Lowell George), Robin Trower, AC/DC (new Iron Man), Jonny Lang and Lynyrd Skynyrd.....and yes, you have guessed it, I am an old Rocker....but my taste in music is as good as it ever was..... ::):
fourbytwo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby hungryjoe » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:52 am

banjo wrote:ross sisters,pah.i do that each morning then go for the rolls and papers.

::):
fourbytwo wrote:8O I play compilation DVD's through my Audio System....LOUDLY, playing all my favs, to include
Little Feat (Lowell George), Robin Trower, AC/DC (new Iron Man), Jonny Lang and Lynyrd Skynyrd.....and yes, you have guessed it, I am an old Rocker....but my taste in music is as good as it ever was..... ::):

How did ACDC sneak in amongst all that quality?
Multi dinero, multi ficky fick, multi divorce.
hungryjoe
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby fourbytwo » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:17 am

:D Point taken, however, imbedded in this collection is the fact that I saw each of them, and many others LIVE, so, there is a lot of reflections into previous eras when things were a lot happier for me..... 8O
fourbytwo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby hungryjoe » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:53 pm

I never got to hear Robin Trower when Jimmy Dewar was with him. A major disappointment. I'm told too that Jimmy was briefly in a band with Frankie Miller (as was Trower) I'd love to have seen that.
Anyway, check oot some ferocious guitar playing here and pause and consider that it's a ferkin' 12 string he's playing:

hungryjoe
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:52 pm

fourbytwo wrote::D Point taken, however, imbedded in this collection is the fact that I saw each of them, and many others LIVE, so, there is a lot of reflections into previous eras when things were a lot happier for me..... 8O

Lucky person!! I envy you your Live Lynnie Skynnie and Jonny Lang however I have my Live JImmy Page Martin Barre and Carlos Santana... and more when the old grey cells clear :D

This stoater - he was only fifteen here 8O

Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby hungryjoe » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:29 pm

I've never heard of him. that's great.
hungryjoe
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby fourbytwo » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:48 pm

:D First time I saw Jonny Lang on TV, I thought I was watching Stephen Hendry the snooker player.....
Martin Barre (Jethro Tull), and Carlos Santana are again Live Concert memories, never saw Jimmy Page Live although visited a Rock Cafe in London in the 60's where he had played, and saw another of my heroes Peter Green playing, (before Fleetwood Mac), his Mac concert in Glasgow being one of my favourite concerts of all time.
I had a big Orange DJ system in the 70's and used to play the Hub Bar in Great Western Road every weekend, long before the likes of the Eagles (whom I also saw in the 70's), and Little Feat were well known, the place was always heaving and the extract air system always working overtime.......if you know what I mean...!
Always got my sounds from either Virgin on Argyle Street, or Listen Records in Hope Street.......good old days...! 8O
fourbytwo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dot » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:50 pm

Was listening to Brian Houston singing this last night but think this version is better.

http://www.last.fm/music/Marc+Almond/_/ ... ly+Spencer
Dot
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:35 pm

hungryjoe wrote:I never got to hear Robin Trower when Jimmy Dewar was with him. A major disappointment. I'm told too that Jimmy was briefly in a band with Frankie Miller (as was Trower) I'd love to have seen that.

Jude with Clive Bunker on drums.

is that an Orange cabinet amongst the Hi Watts?
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby 2HB » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:30 pm

Looks more like a Vox.
2HB
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:53 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:
hungryjoe wrote:I never got to hear Robin Trower when Jimmy Dewar was with him. A major disappointment. I'm told too that Jimmy was briefly in a band with Frankie Miller (as was Trower) I'd love to have seen that.

Jude with Clive Bunker on drums.

is that an Orange cabinet amongst the Hi Watts?

Old Clive is now playing with The Gathering who include Ray Jackson 'mongst others saw LIndisfarne at the Apollo http://www.myspace.com/thegatheringonline
personal fav song there ..Lady Eleanor
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:04 pm

fourbytwo wrote:... never saw Jimmy Page Live although visited a Rock Cafe in London in the 60's where he had played,.......
I had a big Orange DJ system in the 70's and used to play the Hub Bar in Great Western Road every weekend, long before the likes of the Eagles (whom I also saw in the 70's), and Little Feat were well known, the place was always heaving and the extract air system always working overtime.......if you know what I mean...!

Saw Led Zep at Earls Court May '75. amazing memory ::): I don't think I was ever in the HUb trying to remember pubs that I went too in Great Western Road???can only come up with the Three In One - round the corner a bit :wink:
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby fourbytwo » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:12 am

::): sometimes a bit full of drink, I would leave my system down the stairs at the wee Hub Lounge, we were always stacked-out Fridays and Saturdays....however, one Thursday I called down to pick up a few vinyls for a party, and to my horror.........
The old woman who worked there during the week, had switched-on the system and was playing (Sound of Music) through my system...........I almost boaked..!
Cleaning my stylus and removing the fuse......it was a mistake I never made again....can only imagine what the response would have been, had some of my regulars called down whilst Ms Andrews was screeching her stuff... :oops:
fourbytwo
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions