Parking fine at Silverburn

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Parking fine at Silverburn

Postby eob » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:21 pm

onyirtodd wrote:Don't worry about it. I've a lot of free time right now. I've even had a chum slip a copy of GQ magazine through the letterbox :oops:

You in quarantine?
eob
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:25 pm

eob wrote:
onyirtodd wrote:Don't worry about it. I've a lot of free time right now. I've even had a chum slip a copy of GQ magazine through the letterbox :oops:

You in quarantine?

Got 'flu. Probably just the common or garden version - not the Sou'Side special. Doc says I can go to Maryhill Health Centre for a swab if I like but Tamiflu isn't much cop. Reduces the ill period by about 1 day only.

Note. By Tues pm, out of c 700 swabs taken in Maryhill (north and west of city) only 16 cases were confirmed.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby cell » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:28 pm

Parent and child parking spaces are fair game as far as I'm concerned, they are great, always near the door and plenty of room to get the bags in. Having kids is a lifestyle choice not a disability, on the other hand disabled spots should be much more strictly enforced with penalty points for offenders, shame on Mrs eob.

Dave2 Are you mad! You think we need more petty and impossible to enforce laws, P&C badges good grief!
cell
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby flyman » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:34 pm

onyirtodd wrote:
eob wrote:

You in quarantine?

Got 'flu. Probably just the common or garden version - not the Sou'Side special. Doc says I can go to Maryhill Health Centre for a swab if I like but Tamiflu isn't much cop. Reduces the ill period by about 1 day only.

Note. By Tues pm, out of c 700 swabs taken in Maryhill (north and west of city) only 16 cases were confirmed.

have you tried a hot onyertoddy? ah jesus that was pish.........sorry ! :oops:
Never Get Out Of The Boat
flyman
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:40 pm

flyman wrote:
onyirtodd wrote:
eob wrote:

You in quarantine?

have you tried a hot onyertoddy? ah jesus that was pish.........sorry ! :oops:

Not pish at all ::): . Yes, I've been nightcapping on Smith's Glenlivet - the cooking version.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby dave2 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:22 pm

cell wrote:Parent and child parking spaces are fair game as far as I'm concerned, they are great, always near the door and plenty of room to get the bags in. Having kids is a lifestyle choice not a disability, on the other hand disabled spots should be much more strictly enforced with penalty points for offenders, shame on Mrs eob.

Dave2 Are you mad! You think we need more petty and impossible to enforce laws, P&C badges good grief!

It's not a bloody law! It wasn't passed by parliament!

As has been pointed out Safeway used to do it, before Carlos killed the company. They also had the creche at that time.
dave2
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby deevlash » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:56 pm

Parking tickets issued by private companies arent worth the paper theyre written on. The contract is with the driver of the car at the time of the incident not neccessarily the registered keeper. In this case, unlike council parking tickets, your human rights are still in effect and you need not incriminate yourself by naming the driver.

So in short, you can tell them to piss off and theres nothing they can do although she shouldnt be parking in a disabled space. Parent and child spaces are bloody stupid, just park further away and walk, itll do them good.
banned for being a whiny little prick
deevlash
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:12 pm

I wonder if the P+C spaces are a cosideration towards the safety of the child, given the numbers of moving cars in these areas, lots of blind spots and the like.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby deevlash » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:50 pm

HollowHorn wrote:I wonder if the P+C spaces are a cosideration towards the safety of the child, given the numbers of moving cars in these areas, lots of blind spots and the like.

no, Theyre a consideration to larger average spend of a mother with her kids in tow. Any kid running about in a car park deserves to get knocked over tbh.
deevlash
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Dave » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:55 pm

Pedestrians do have a right of way over vehicles on all highway roads apart from restricted Motorway.

A car park is not considered a highway so pedestrians have far more right of way therein.
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby flyman » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:04 pm

I've always found the parking fine at Silverburn in fact the car park is the only part i like,the rest of the soulless big shithole does my head in.Oops misread it again.......
Never Get Out Of The Boat
flyman
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby deevlash » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:05 pm

If a car park is on public land (they all are of theyre accesible by the public) then it falls under the highways act.
deevlash
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:11 pm

deevlash wrote:If a car park is on public land (they all are of theyre accesible by the public) then it falls under the highways act.

Are you sure? (Really, just wondering.)
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby Dave » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:14 pm

deevlash wrote:If a car park is on public land (they all are of theyre accesible by the public) then it falls under the highways act.

What part of the Highways Act? I think you'll find that private landowners can adhere to highway regulations without being governed by the highways act. Pedestrians rule unless they walk on a motorway. If a half-pikey allows parking on their land then they are responsible for the health and safety.
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Acero » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:17 am

eob wrote:
munroman wrote:I hope that you and your family don't have to try and get a disabled person who may be in some pain out of a car in a normal space, possibly risking back injury to yourself, because some young mother thinks that they are more 'deserving'. (Speaking from experience here!) How do you imagine a disabled person who cant get in to shop or the loo might feel?

Actually, my mother was disabled and we had to make use of handicapped spaces up until her death.
And lets be honest here, there are plenty of blue badge holders who are just ripping the pish!

I know what you mean and I definitely agree with you. The fact that we need to respect the role of the management. It is being isolated.
Acero
Just settling in
Just settling in

Previous

Return to Random Distractions