Parking fine at Silverburn

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Parking fine at Silverburn

Postby eob » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:38 pm

Evening all.
Just wondering if anyone has received a parking fine at Silverburn and successfully ignored it?

Wife got one when she nipped in with the nippers and I can't help feeling compelled yet conned to pay. :(
eob
First Stripe
First Stripe

Re: Parking fine at Silverburn

Postby Dave » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:13 pm

They need to prove who parked the car, plead ignorance and if they attempt to contact you more than once it's harrassment.
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:10 pm

eob wrote:Evening all.
Just wondering if anyone has received a parking fine at Silverburn and successfully ignored it?

Wife got one when she nipped in with the nippers and I can't help feeling compelled yet conned to pay. :(

Just for the avoidance of doubt. Are you saying your wife parked deserved the parking ticket but simply doesn't want to pay?
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Quality Mince » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:49 pm

How on Earth can you get a parking ticket at Silverburn??!! There must be 10 000 free parking spaces??
Quality Mince
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby eob » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:47 pm

I'm going to be honest here.
She parked in a disabled spot due to the lack of P & C spaces.
Now while I can't condone what she did, I can understand her frustration as quite a lot of people park in P & C spaces sans kids. She on the other hand was fully loaded and single handed.
Now if this was a proper council parking fine I would hold my hand up, stick it in my pocket and withdraw my wallet however, I feel that these private parking companies are vultures preying on the unaware niaeve public.

We have 10 days to pay the £30. Then it increases to £60. I know it's only £30 but it fucking chokes me to hand it over.
eob
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:32 am

eob wrote:I'm going to be honest here.
She parked in a disabled spot due to the lack of P & C spaces.
Now while I can't condone what she did, I can understand her frustration as quite a lot of people park in P & C spaces sans kids. She on the other hand was fully loaded and single handed.
Now if this was a proper council parking fine I would hold my hand up, stick it in my pocket and withdraw my wallet however, I feel that these private parking companies are vultures preying on the unaware niaeve public.

We have 10 days to pay the £30. Then it increases to £60. I know it's only £30 but it fucking chokes me to hand it over.

No sympathy. Pay the fine and learn the lesson.
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby eob » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:18 am

onyirtodd wrote:No sympathy. Pay the fine and learn the lesson.

Aye, I was expecting a comment like that!
Just think these jokers are coining it in.

You don't work for a Private Parking Company do you onyirtodd? :wink:
eob
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:23 am

eob wrote:
onyirtodd wrote:No sympathy. Pay the fine and learn the lesson.

Aye, I was expecting a comment like that!
Just think these jokers are coning it in.

You don't work for a Private Parking Company do you onyirtodd? :wink:

No.

Just out of interest (I've never been any closer to Silverburn than the bus stance), are the doors to the shopping centre wide enough to get a car through? Why didn't your wife just drive straight in and up to the door of the shop she was heading for? No need to worry about parent & child or disabled signs in there.
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby munroman » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:38 am

Sorry EOB, but I agree with OYT. I am sure there may be ways to avoid the penalty, but given what you have described I have forgotten them.

Having kids is a choice, not a disability and lack of parking spaces is not an excuse for depriving a disabled person of the chance to get out of their car.

Strangely, many of us have managed to rear children who survived without the benefit of P+C places in their youth, typical that something that was meant to be a benefit is now viewed by some as a 'right' and then if they are 'deprived' of it they think it acceptable to remove what may be a vital lifeline to a disabled person.

I hope that you and your family don't have to try and get a disabled person who may be in some pain out of a car in a normal space, possibly risking back injury to yourself, because some young mother thinks that they are more 'deserving'. (Speaking from experience here!) How do you imagine a disabled person who cant get in to shop or the loo might feel?

She should pay the fine, take the lesson, and don't be so selfish next time.
munroman
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby eob » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:47 am

onyirtodd wrote:No.

Just out of interest (I've never been any closer to Silverburn than the bus stance), are the doors to the shopping centre wide enough to get a car through? Why didn't your wife just drive straight in and up to the door of the shop she was heading for? No need to worry about parent & child or disabled signs in there.

Yes, I believe that would be possible once the anti ram raider bollards had been negotiated.
Now if these fuckers who wanted an extra wide space for their chavmobiles parked in the normal parking spots then the poor mothers (and fathers) who really need extra space wouldn't have to use the hobbly spots.

If you are trying to get a rise out of me, it won't work. I've already stated that I don't condone what she did and she doesn't make a habit of this, she was just unlucky. You obviously havn't tried to deal with a set of twins and a 4yo with the shits.
And, before you issue some smart comment about purly using the facilities then buggering off, after the little one had emptied his colon, she returned to the vehicle to move it upon which she discovered the ticket. Moved the car and returned to Tesco for the weekend big shop.
And just to cover all the bases here, before you come away with "Where were you and why weren't you helping here?" I was at work, earning the monies that I will have to give to these crooks.

This was an exeptional curcumstance for which she has been peanalised.
I just wanted to know if any of the good HG patrons had any dealings with these shysters before I hand over my hard earned.

Also, I just checked their website which has an online payment facility and the site is down, which makes me think even more that it is a Mickey Mouse outfit.

Now remove thy hook from my mouth and let me mourn the loss of Micheal Jackson.
Last edited by eob on Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
eob
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Josef » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:48 am

Well, that was an education - I'd never heard of P+C spaces.

Whereabouts are they? Next row down from the disabled spaces, or what?
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby eob » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:49 am

munroman wrote:I hope that you and your family don't have to try and get a disabled person who may be in some pain out of a car in a normal space, possibly risking back injury to yourself, because some young mother thinks that they are more 'deserving'. (Speaking from experience here!) How do you imagine a disabled person who cant get in to shop or the loo might feel?

Actually, my mother was disabled and we had to make use of handicapped spaces up until her death.
And lets be honest here, there are plenty of blue badge holders who are just ripping the pish!
eob
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:54 am

eob wrote:
onyirtodd wrote:No.

If you are trying to get a rise out of me, it won't work. I've already stated that I don't condone what she did and she doesn't make a habit of this, she was just unlucky. You obviously havn't tried to deal with a set of twins and a 4yo with the shits.

Which just goes to show. Some people just ain't cut out for parenthood.

I'll leave others to comment on 'hobbly spots'.
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby eob » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:00 am

onyirtodd wrote:Which just goes to show. Some people just ain't cut out for parenthood.

Okay, you're just on the wind up now. How can you possibly comment on my wife's ability as a parent?
For your information, we have three, healthy, well loved children who want for nothing without being spoiled.

I think I'm going to draw a line under this one. Rest assured that the fine will be paid.

I'd like to think of myself as a member of the HG community, and I can take a wind up as well as the next person, but you have went too personal here.
eob
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby onyirtodd » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:11 am

eob wrote:
onyirtodd wrote:Which just goes to show. Some people just ain't cut out for parenthood.

I think I'm going to draw a line under this one. Rest assured that the fine will be paid.

Good. Job well done. Maybe a promise from you (and Mrs eob) not to do it again wouldn't go amiss.
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Next

Return to Random Distractions