Not really interesting facts about yourself

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Not really interesting facts about yourself

Postby sandabound » Tue May 14, 2013 8:25 pm

HelenD wrote:I bought some ear-defenders from Screwfix the other week. Amazed at how noisy the city centre is. Cuts out the noise of the builders quite well.

Unfortunately, they make the tinnitus appear much louder. Can't win. :roll:

Love Tinnitus & his wee dog Snowy :D
sandabound
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby InkMan » Tue May 21, 2013 9:07 pm

Dear Simon

It would have been lovely to post about my return to work on Monday; having been absent from Late May 2012 to Early February 2013 with a back problem then from Mid March with Sciatica .................

.......... except I am just out of (the fantastic) Hairmyres hospital, having presented myself there last Wednesday having felt incredibly tired since the start of the month, lethargic since Thursday 09th and due to puking my guts up for over a day thus screwing my blood sugar levels about and giving me off the scales Ketone acid levels. Having had DKA some years ago when, in thirty six hours, I lost thirty pounds in weight I didn't fancy a repeat of that. Besides one ended up too dehydrated to pee and thus test what excess insulin to take to combat its onset.

Due to neck pain and light induced headaches not going away I had a clear CAT scan then opted to have a lumbar puncture so ensure it wasn't viral meningitis or to give some indication as to what is wrong. That was a lovely experience; next time you visit Brittany with Catherine insist you are booked in for one as nothing beats the relaxing sensation of having to subsequently lie perfectly flat despite the lethargy meaning my back and Sciatica were biting. Bottom line seems to be that I have or had some form of viral infection. Despite me sleeping heavily or feeling lethargic which felt like having general Anaesthesia the risk of catching infection from those around me was high so the best option was to be discharged.

Now need to to visit my GP and understand why this happened, if my recorded low vitamin B levels (which I am receiving medication for) will raise and - most importantly to my job and career - if my immune system is compromised. I support many young people who have greatly reduced immune systems so this needs to be clarified before I return. Strangely it seems that the latter point should be quickly answered to, being positive, I'm sure that I will be able to return once the lethargy pisses off and I am focusing on the potentially in days advice rather than the maybe weeks - fuck that.

Still at least I was told that the - long booked - operation that I am booked in for the start of June is still on. Nothing like invasive surgery on your groin to look forward to.

If anyone sees a runner at Ayr called TattooShug place a bet in it ending up in a Crispy Pancake before you can say Godolphin or other food based brands are available and just as guilty.

Onward and Upward until our glorious salvation I suppose ..........

So Simon; that's my story. Having been able to work for my employer for seven weeks from the past year and now being in a position that I am going to be stuck in the fucking house I would like you espouse your Tory views (or is that Mike Reid) about how it's probably my fault and how I should pay for my own insulin. Anyhooz you old cunt please play the following song:

Listen to you every day. Please say hi to all my chums on Hidden Glasgow

Shuggy

In all seriousness though the amazing care I received is a credit to the hospital for which I am so thankful.
Cleggy you snickering floppy eared hound when courage is needed, you're ne'er around.
Those medals you wear on your moth-eaten chest should be there for bungling at which you are best.
InkMan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby banjo » Wed May 22, 2013 7:30 pm

not something by doctor and the medics then inkman.dont suppose the news that mick mcmanus has fought his last bout will help. :cry:
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby InkMan » Thu May 23, 2013 2:39 pm

banjo wrote:not something by doctor and the medics then inkman.dont suppose the news that mick mcmanus has fought his last bout will help. :cry:

I take a lot out of the NHS so am always grateful. Not their fault they were unable to diagnose what it is/was. That said, once I have my operation at the start of June I do hope that it begins a run of better health.

I met McManus in early 1999 at a wrestling show in London and he was a true gentleman. As small as he was there is no doubt in my mind that he was then still a guy not to be messed with. It's easy to throw remarks such as fake or dummy fighting about; read most decent wrestlers autobiographies and people would understand that pre-determined doesn't mean fake.

Shuggy
Cleggy you snickering floppy eared hound when courage is needed, you're ne'er around.
Those medals you wear on your moth-eaten chest should be there for bungling at which you are best.
InkMan
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby banjo » Sat May 25, 2013 10:30 am

beer garden in rhu last night,beer garden in shawlands today.dunno where though,help us out please. :D
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HelenD » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:47 am

Oh Lord, what terrible deed have I done that you should visit me with a plague of morons? :(
They boil them for 20 of their Earth minutes
HelenD
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:11 pm

yesterday my washing machine chucked it[brushes i think] and today my microwave packs in. :cry:
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Bridie » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:33 am

banjo wrote:yesterday my washing machine chucked it[brushes i think] and today my microwave packs in. :cry:

Have you checked outside the window for aliens? :D
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:39 am

trust me ,any lurking aliens will be inside my windows.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:32 pm

right,thats it.pedal sheared of my bike today. :evil:
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby HelenD » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:14 pm

It wisnae me! 8O

I was going to point out yesterday that these things come in threes but then I'd have properly got the blame, wouldn't I?
They boil them for 20 of their Earth minutes
HelenD
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:57 pm

bought a new microwave and guess whit.it didnae work,feckin russel hobbs rubbish.got my dosh back and bought bought an asda one at thirteen quid cheaper.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lucky Poet » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:14 pm

My telly broke. I'm very tempted to not get a new one (not least because I resent spending money on things that don't either take photos or get me drunk).
All the world seems in tune on a Spring afternoon, when we're poisoning pigeons in the park.
Lucky Poet
-
-

Postby Bridie » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:08 pm

banjo wrote:bought a new microwave and guess whit.it didnae work,feckin russel hobbs rubbish.got my dosh back and bought bought an asda one at thirteen quid cheaper.

Forget the aliens then - have you checked your electrics? ::):
Yes HH,I know
Bridie
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Vinegar Tom » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:25 pm

Lucky Poet wrote:My telly broke. I'm very tempted to not get a new one (not least because I resent spending money on things that don't either take photos or get me drunk).

Ach, I thought that until my old CRT telly broke and I got a modern one. Most things I watch now are off the USB stick via the internet.
Glasgow ya bas!
Vinegar Tom
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Random Distractions