Raising the Bar.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Raising the Bar.

Postby onyirtodd » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:21 am

Scotland’s drinking dens are being celebrated in a new book charting the different styles and types of traditional pubs.
Historic Scotland, working alongside the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA), has looked at how some of the most historic public houses in Scotland have survived and developed over the years, the quality of the interior often outshining an anonymous exterior, to create Raising the Bar, An Introduction to Scotland’s Historic Pubs.

More here http://www.historic-scotland.gov.uk/ind ... leid=24234

What a good idea.
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Raising the Bar.

Postby Monument » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:27 pm

Agreed. Saw this press release yesterday. Thanks for the link to the publication.
A vagabond on the way.
Monument
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:06 pm

Here, hang on.

I've already got a CAMRA publication featuring those pubs. Scotland's True Heritage Pubs, ISBN 978-1-85249-242-7, to be precise.

I've been collecting them. The pubs, not the books.

Haven't got round to the two in Shettleston yet.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:01 pm

Josef wrote:I've been collecting them. The pubs, not the books.

That sounds fun. How do you confirm each pub? Is it a signature from the landlord or something like letter headed paper.
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:21 pm

A pint and/or a photo usually does me.

I quite like the sound of the headed notepaper, now you come to mention it. It'll probably come in handy when I'm opening an account to hold the $300 million that some Nigerian bloke's asked me to look after for a wee while.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dave » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:37 pm

Josef wrote:I quite like the sound of the headed notepaper, now you come to mention it. It'll probably come in handy when I'm opening an account to hold the $300 million that some Nigerian bloke's asked me to look after for a wee while.

::): Probably a bad example of memorabilia. You know what I mean though, something tangible. I guess a photo does it, perhaps a drinks reciept.
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.
www.davehouston.co.uk
Dave
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Lone Groover » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:40 pm

Dave wrote:
Josef wrote:I quite like the sound of the headed notepaper, now you come to mention it. It'll probably come in handy when I'm opening an account to hold the $300 million that some Nigerian bloke's asked me to look after for a wee while.

::): Probably a bad example of memorabilia. You know what I mean though, something tangible. I guess a photo does it, perhaps a drinks reciept.

Dave, there are a number of pubs I would love to take your picture in when you ask for a reciept !!! ::): :mrgreen: ::):
"Work hard, Rock Hard, Eat hard, Sleep hard, Grow big, Wear glasses if you need 'em"
Flickr photos - If you can stand them !
www.flickr.com/photos/davetrott/
Lone Groover
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:55 am

where were ye on thursday groover,it was big gerrys 50th birthday and copious amounts were being consumed as per.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Pubs / Clubs / Restaurants