Edinburgh in shock voting wave

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Edinburgh in shock voting wave

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:23 pm

One of the contenders in the metro Food Newcomers award has had an out of nowhere jump in votes today.

i'm supporting Pinxto in Dumbarton road. If you have five minutes head over to http://www.metro.co.uk/fdawards and choose vote Scotland section and then click on PINTXO.

Pinxto received 5 stars in the metro review and got a pretty decent write up in The Herald.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/goingout/food/display.var.1767738.0.0.php

Pinxto Success (Roy Beers Pat's WEWS)

Allan Mawn's tapas bar in Thornwood is beginning to look like an unqualified success on all fronts. He is opening late week for lunches (check for details) now that his venture has "run in", and has picked up rave reviews from Sunday Times Scotland and (a full page article) Metro. The Metro review is so identical to my own recent experience there I'm beginning to think the reviewer must have been at the next table to me that night - two items were off the menu (but so what - there are tons more), and, he observed rightly, people were waiting for a table on a Tuesday night (when many Glasgow restaurateurs will welcome you with unfeigned gratitude for turning up). My dining companion, a big hearty chap, promptly tore into dishes of pork and beef meatballs and patatas bravas, while I health-consciously fiddled with aromatic mushrooms - before abandoning all caution and wolfing down an orange chocolate dessert infused with Licor 43. Desserts are often the weak spot in many an otherwise fine restaurant, but they're a major asset at Pinxto; my strong advice to anyone yet to visit is to leave room for one, because it really can be the highlight of the meal. Last time I wrote about Pinxto I suggested booking might be advisable late week and weekends; I'd now suggest that might be a good idea any day after six-ish, because this place has definitely won regular custom from inception.
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Return to Pubs / Clubs / Restaurants