The worst chippy in Glasgow.

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby turbozutek » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:04 pm

DickyHart wrote:Theres a movie coming out called 'Supersize me' its a documentry about a guy who lives for 30 days only on Macdonalds grub. he ends up in a hell of a state the poor guy.
We could do a Hidden Glasgow version and call it 'Blue Lagoon me'

I suspect who ever did this would land up dead. :evil:

I think that guy who lived in McD's for a month actually did permanent kidney or liver damage or something did he not ?

Scary!

Chris...
turbozutek
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby DickyHart » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:06 pm

jeez oh!!
Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

worst chippy

Postby ant » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:51 pm

With-out a doubt "The Blue Lagoon"
I don't want to incriminate any of my relatives who have woked in this establishment but they have told me that the food is that bad they and the rest of the staff would ALWAYS bring their own.
I WON'T TELL YOU ABOUT THE VINEGAR.....But if you decide to have a sit-in meal (may-be you have a death wish!) ...."don't touch it!"
ant
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Napalm » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:52 pm

The chippy, i think its blue lagoon, next to central station (not argyle street side), is ALWAYS stinking of fish when i walk past. A bad sign that they are using old fish if ever there was one. urgh. I dont eat fish and chips in glasgow, everyone ive tried has been rotten
Napalm
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Pgcc93 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:24 pm

Napalm wrote:The chippy, i think its blue lagoon, next to central station (not argyle street side), is ALWAYS stinking of fish when i walk past. A bad sign that they are using old fish if ever there was one. urgh.

As the late great Frank Zappa once said ".....theres three things that smell like fish....two of them are fish"!! ::):
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby My Kitten » Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:24 am

turbozutek wrote:
DickyHart wrote:Theres a movie coming out called 'Supersize me' its a documentry about a guy who lives for 30 days only on Macdonalds grub. he ends up in a hell of a state the poor guy.
We could do a Hidden Glasgow version and call it 'Blue Lagoon me'

I suspect who ever did this would land up dead. :evil:

I think that guy who lived in McD's for a month actually did permanent kidney or liver damage or something did he not ?

Scary!

Chris...

I would thoroughly recommend "Supersize Me", although it did seem to have the reverse effect on me, after watching it, I was gasping for a Big Mac ::): .

It does highlight the effects to guys of eating too much junk food :wink: His g/f wasnt too happy put it that way
два сталкиваются
My Kitten
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Speedbird » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:05 am

dr_lightning wrote:There's a chippy under the bridge over Centreal Station which is reasonably grotty...

I don't mean to sound pedantic or anything, but as far as I know, there isn't a bridge, OR a chippy above Central station :? :roll:

I trust that you DO mean the Heilanmans Bridge??

By the way, the worst fish and chips I have ever had was at Center Parcs in Sherwood Forest, but that is hardly Glasgow!
I can always rely on this forum to make myself feel about 10 times worse than I did before
Speedbird
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Speedbird » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:31 am

DVF wrote:Went for a drive the other night. Ended up in Dumbarton. The missus decided she was starving and wanted a bag of chips. "There's a chippy there." she said. "No way!", I wasn't having it, "That's a Blue Lagoon!".
It begs the question. One chip shop being a bit dodgy is understandable, but how can a whole chain of them be equally as awful?

I have never had any prolems that I can think of off hand from there.

The service is slow though sometimes if you sit in.

A good chip shop in Dumbarton in the one at Silverton - I cannot remember its name, but it has been there for *YEARS* - as long as I can remember, and it has been owned by the same people throughout.

It is in the Silverton part of Dumbarton East, and if you are going westwards along the A82, it is down the third street you come too.

Recently was redecorated, and it also now it sells all these strange things that sound completely revolting...... along with the usual fare, of course, which is anything BUT repulsive!
They bake pizzas too.

Do NOT go to the one on Glasgow Road (beside Dumbarton East station and oposite the Stags Head pub) if you can help it! (I think it is a kebbab place now anyway).
I can always rely on this forum to make myself feel about 10 times worse than I did before
Speedbird
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Speedbird » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:46 am

Regarding Supersize me -

- I really like the Fillet 'o Fish from McD's, but I am always a bit wary as they never have any cooked, so I imagine that if the staff are rushed or pissed off or anything like that, it will be the object of their wrath as it actually requires a little bit of effort.
I hate to think what is in the sauce too........

I rarely eat from any of the fast food chains now anyway.

The last thing I ever had was a large helping of onion rings from BK one night about 6 months ago, and the period of time before that was probably longer.

Just feed me chocolate and I'll be happy.
Speedbird
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby DMcNay » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:34 am

Speedbird wrote:
I don't mean to sound pedantic or anything, but as far as I know, there isn't a bridge, OR a chippy above Central station :? :roll:

I trust that you DO mean the Heilanmans Bridge??

Given that it's called the Heilanmans Bridge, I would take it to be a bridge. And there's a chippy under it.

Don't be pedantic again. But at least you've managed to figure out how to use the quote tabs. [\quote] :twisted:
Too few hours in the day.
DMcNay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Napalm » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:07 am

dr_lightning wrote: But at least you've managed to figure out how to use the quote tabs. [\quote] :twisted:

...even if you havent ::): ::): ::): :wink:
Napalm
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby DMcNay » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:26 am

Napalm wrote:
dr_lightning wrote: But at least you've managed to figure out how to use the quote tabs. [\quote] :twisted:

...even if you havent ::): ::): ::): :wink:

Ah, but if you look carefully, you'll see the wee "evil" face next to it, indicating I knew exactly what I was doing. I was giving an example of poor quote tab usage. :)

Cheers,

Dr "So arrogant and smug it'll get him into trouble one day" Lightning
DMcNay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby turbozutek » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:51 am

dr_lightning wrote:
Ah, but if you look carefully, you'll see the wee "evil" face next to it, indicating I knew exactly what I was doing. I was giving an example of poor quote tab usage. :)

Cheers,

Dr "So arrogant and smug it'll get him into trouble one day" Lightning

Ingratefull jerk!

Chris...
turbozutek
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby DMcNay » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:57 am

turbozutek wrote:
Ingratefull jerk!

Chris...

That's the one!

Now, ban me and remove the entire country!
DMcNay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Speedbird » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:57 pm

We won't do that, we'll just take you to the Blue Lagoon.
Speedbird
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Pubs / Clubs / Restaurants