Average/Bad Restaurants

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Average/Bad Restaurants

Postby tobester » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:09 pm

Fat Cat wrote:Had a similar experience at No. 16. shabby service and food nothing to write home about. Someone should tell these fandans that good service is 50% of the experience. If its bad, you don't go back.

fandan you say!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoGvH4kbRFA
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:36 pm

tobester wrote:
Fat Cat wrote:Had a similar experience at No. 16. shabby service and food nothing to write home about. Someone should tell these fandans that good service is 50% of the experience. If its bad, you don't go back.

fandan you say!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoGvH4kbRFA

::): ::):
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:18 pm

The review

Where to start,

Smoked chicken that tasted like the sandwich style chicken out of a supermarket not smoked at all, overpowering balsamic vinegar.

Scallops were quite fishy tasting which overpowered the rest of the dish, bland black pudding did not blend well with the scallops. Couldn’t taste vinaigrette at all.

Pork belly was almost all fat, what meat there was was half dry and not moistened by the fat at all. Rather a large fatty piece. Noodles were drenched in sauce, which tasted like soy sauce and not a five spice sauce, one cashew as well!

Gnocchi were mushy and more like stodgy dumplings, onions were delish but overall the dish was poor.

Risotto was lovely!

No asking our opinon on any part of the meal, hot plates placed down without warning, when we complained about the meals the owner looked at us blankly. Offered us desserts which considering the quality of the other dishes we declined, we didn’t even want to try the coffee. Three courses inc a glass of wine.

Very bad meal, worst I have had in Glasgow, poor customer service and now I know why the car park was so empty!

The right to reply
Anyone wishing to see the arrival and behaviour of the 4 diners will soon be able to view their visit from the cctv footage on our website.
In particular I think Strathclydes finest will be interested in the amount of alcohol the driver consumes and then drives away in the blue car in the picture above

More here
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Fat Cat » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:09 pm

What a strange exchange....
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Josef » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:49 am

Fat Cat wrote:What a strange exchange....

Indeed. Although it's nice to see a post from the HG 'sleeping partner'.

Looks like a personal affair. Best to leave them to it, probably.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby tobester » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:27 pm

I had the misfortune of visiting the leven valley again, my first visit since it was taken over by the carvery chain

Still as crap as it was under brewers fayre.....one serving at the bar, for both food and drink, altho cant fault her she did apologise, other floor staff had a couldnt care less attitude,

Ordered starters, which took 29mins to arrivem only after we asked for them, and got a...'ill go look and see' reply,my starter was ok, stuffed potatoes, the other starter, soup, was cold, so we sent it back to be reheated, came back 30sed later, still cold, this time with a skin on it, carvery meal....well the ham was ok, as it was a new joint, the rest was crap.

Avoid this place like the plague
tobester
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:49 pm

my wife myself and two children had sunday carvery and i have to say it was the worst meal i and my family have had the misfortune to experience. the peas were shrivelled up, the onions were raw, the cauliflower was too dry and lukewarm, the gravy was too salty, the roast potatoes were too greasy and worst of all the stuffing was disgusting and was so hard that you would need a jackhammer to cut through it let alone a knife and fork. the only positive thing to comment was that the meat was lean and tender but after paying over £26 for a family meal my wife and i left the premises with bad tastes in our mouths and even the children who are never fussy eaters could not hide their disappointment. we wont be back!

http://www.viewglasgow.co.uk/restaurants/levan-valley-userreview-45900.html

I don't eat out that often and have only eaten in carveries when I'd been overnight at a Travel Lodge.

There are some good places in Partick.

Peter's Cafe Hynland Street

279 Cafe Bistro

Bibi's Cantina
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby DarrenSpriing » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:30 pm

Although a lot of my friends raved about it I went to the Italian Kitchen not too long ago and it was very average. We had booked for 8pm and weren't seated until 8.35pm too which gave me a bit of sour grapes, but really tho, I normally love Italian dining!

I got a Chicken Supreme dish in some kind of sweet gravy and it just didn't work for me - I can't see it on the menu anywhere tho http://www.italian-kitchen.co.uk/galler ... ul2011.pdf :o
DarrenSpriing
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby RDR » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:59 pm

Went to the new Tony Macaroni's in Motherwell the other night.
Can't say I was impressed.
Lot of people I know have been to other resturant's in this chain and suggested they were very good so maybe its just the Motherwell one.
Food at best average, and staff disinterested.
Sent one dish back after asking for it not to have cheese in it and it arriving with it, only for the exact same plate to be brought back, even still on same plate. Message to staff - the customer isn't that stupid. Eventually it was, grudgingly replaced.
I don't think I would go again.
He advocated for the weak against the strong, the poor against the rich and labour against capital.
RDR
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby TA_Ealing » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:32 pm

My Mrs and two friends went to the one on Byres Road on Thursday and all had dodgy stomachs the next day. Mentioned to two other friends today, and they said the same....
TA_Ealing
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby SilverFox » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:07 pm

TA_Ealing wrote:My Mrs and two friends went to the one on Byres Road on Thursday and all had dodgy stomachs the next day. Mentioned to two other friends today, and they said the same....

Been there on at least half a dozen occasions and never had a issue by far one of the best Italians in Glasgow
SilverFox
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby TA_Ealing » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:47 pm

Yeah I have been before, liked it and no dodgy guts the next day. Wummin!
TA_Ealing
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Delmont St Xavier » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:51 pm

Have to add that I am a frequent visitor to Tony Mac's and never had any issue other than issues of placing us in seats we don't want to be in (we refuse of course) and lousy coffee but apart from that, the ball and chain and I, rate this as one of the better places....
"Listen, it's too big a world to be in competition with everyone. The only person who I have to be better than is myself. And in your case, that's enough."
Delmont St Xavier
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:02 pm

Picasso's in Dalmuir was taped off this morning, and hoaching with forensic type chaps.

Multiple stabbing last night apparently .. I have no idea what their curries are like, I don't think I'll be rushing to find out either.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby banjo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:35 pm

happened in a house nearby doorstop.lucky to be alive by all counts.three arrested from ruchazie area.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Pubs / Clubs / Restaurants