Average/Bad Restaurants

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Average/Bad Restaurants

Postby Dexter St. Clair » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:42 pm

banjo wrote:happened in a house nearby doorstop.lucky to be alive by all counts.three arrested from ruchazie area.

Were they slumming it?
"I before E, except after C" works in most cases but there are exceptions.
Dexter St. Clair
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:28 pm

::):
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby The Egg Man » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:05 pm

My Kitten wrote:To offset the Good Restaurants Thread here is the Average/Bad Restaurants thread.

The Boswell Country Club
27 Mansion House Road, Langside, Glasgow
Tel: +44 (0) 141 632 9812 Fax: +44 (0) 141 636 9325

Up for sale in today's Herald.

£750,000 (in case anyone has the proceeds of selling an Airlink car park to get rid of quick).

CALDECOTTE CONSULTANTS Unit A Bourton Business Centre Manor Farm Buckingham MK18 7DS

An opportunity to acquire a significant development scheme in the city of Glasgow, Scotland. This
site has recently received planning approval for the conversion of the hotel into five apartments,
and the erection of ten new build apartments, offering off street parking and amenity space. The
site is within an established residential area close to Queens Park and within close proximity to the
amenities of Glasgow city centre.

Planning
Detailed planning permission was granted on the 12.07.2013 (ref.
12/01926/DC & 12/01925/DC) for the change of use, partial demolition and
alteration of The Boswell to form 5 apartments and the construction of 10
apartments, with associated parking and landscaping. Section 69
contributions have been fully paid by the seller.
I hear the people sing.
The Egg Man
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Louis » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:28 pm

Dexter St. Clair wrote:The review

Where to start,

Smoked chicken that tasted like the sandwich style chicken out of a supermarket not smoked at all, overpowering balsamic vinegar.

Scallops were quite fishy tasting which overpowered the rest of the dish, bland black pudding did not blend well with the scallops. Couldn’t taste vinaigrette at all.

Pork belly was almost all fat, what meat there was was half dry and not moistened by the fat at all. Rather a large fatty piece. Noodles were drenched in sauce, which tasted like soy sauce and not a five spice sauce, one cashew as well!

Gnocchi were mushy and more like stodgy dumplings, onions were delish but overall the dish was poor.

Risotto was lovely!

No asking our opinon on any part of the meal, hot plates placed down without warning, when we complained about the meals the owner looked at us blankly. Offered us desserts which considering the quality of the other dishes we declined, we didn’t even want to try the coffee. Three courses inc a glass of wine.

Very bad meal, worst I have had in Glasgow, poor customer service and now I know why the car park was so empty!

The right to reply
Anyone wishing to see the arrival and behaviour of the 4 diners will soon be able to view their visit from the cctv footage on our website.
In particular I think Strathclydes finest will be interested in the amount of alcohol the driver consumes and then drives away in the blue car in the picture above

More here

This place is under new ownership and with a new name " The White Elephant" how apt
Louis
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby Fat Cat » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:06 am

Work in the area so a few of us went to Al's Diner on Stirling Road last week for a quick lunch. The burger was really nice and the french fries were great. Good service and quick if you're in a hurry.

However, avoid Cathedral House in John Knox St at all costs. Grim, cold, tasteless food. Really dreadful.
Fat Cat
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Pubs / Clubs / Restaurants