The Inn- Behind the bar they have a bottle of Rusty Nail...mmmm very nice
Mallon's - been in also.. a lot
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby KonstantinL » Wed May 19, 2004 10:20 am

Oh so many dodgy pubs.

Especially up Duke Street/Parkhead area.

One time I was in The Black Bull and I was actually terrified. When we left they had to pick me up and carry me out like a board. Across the road The Anchor Bar isn't a pleasant experience. I've forgotten the name, but I've been in a crazy fucking place sort between Deniston and Haghill (near Alexandra Parade) I only went in because these kids were following me and throwing bags of apples at me. Nice area.
KonstantinL
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby DickyHart » Wed May 19, 2004 10:42 am

The saracen head at the barras is quite dodgy for a pub thats so rich in history.

off course thats where the last supper was really held.
Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
DickyHart
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Kirsty » Thu May 20, 2004 6:43 pm

Oh so many dodgy pubs.

Especially up Duke Street/Parkhead area.

One time I was in The Black Bull and I was actually terrified. When we left they had to pick me up and carry me out like a board. Across the road The Anchor Bar isn't a pleasant experience. I've forgotten the name, but I've been in a crazy fucking place sort between Deniston and Haghill (near Alexandra Parade) I only went in because these kids were following me and throwing bags of apples at me. Nice area

I think it is the Lea Rigg that is between Ali Parade and Haghill

Kirsty
Kirsty
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Gazzathecoigne » Fri May 21, 2004 2:03 am

The Brothers in Possil is a bit nuts. On a night out there many moons ago, someone done a "Begbie" and tossed an empty tumbler into the crowded dance floor. All hell broke loos whilst the culprit sat back and watched the carnage unfold?!

Also, the doorman could'nt read or write and let you in if you showed him a library card! ::):
Gazzathecoigne
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby JayKay » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:13 pm

DVF wrote:
<snip>
and round to The Comet (the one in the Robson and Jerome video from years back.
<snip>

I've alwasy thought The Comet's a classy looking establishment. Like a nuclear bunker after the war, but with a drinks licence.
JayKay
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Chinaski » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:25 am

What's the name of that totally insane Rangers/loyalist bub just off Howard St? That is the dodgiest boozeer I've ever been in. Can't remember how or why I ended up in there but it was one of the most unpleasant experiences ever.

been in the saracen head a few time and although it has a dodgy reputation I've always found it quite reasonable.

I'm intrigued by 'The lampost' just on your left side as you enter Duke St from High St. Classic no windows pub, rarely see anyone going in or out and when you do they look as if they are about 95 years old and incapable of walking more than 10 feet.
Chinaski
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby james73 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:05 pm

Chinaski wrote:What's the name of that totally insane Rangers/loyalist bub just off Howard St? That is the dodgiest boozeer I've ever been in. Can't remember how or why I ended up in there but it was one of the most unpleasant experiences ever.

You surely dont mean The Scotia?

James H
He's over there...
james73
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby skintobalinto » Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:40 pm

Annie Millers

Very Dangerous !!!! 8O
skintobalinto
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Chinaski » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:18 am

skintobalinto wrote:Annie Millers

Very Dangerous !!!! 8O

That's it! I was contemplating going past to remind myself what it was called, so you have now saved me the trauma of having to to that and reopen old psychological scars.

That has to be the dodgiest, most dangerous boozer within a 3 mile radius of the city centre.
Chinaski
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Apollo » Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:24 am

Shame, so the bad boys finally got Annie Millers :(

Well over ten years ago now, but I worked with the owner who bought the place when he left our biz and sort of retired. After he'd had the place a couple of years, they were opening up one morning and had some visitors who we shall describe as shady. They obviously had not done any homework before their visit or they would have known that he was one of Glasgow's hard men in his younger days, and that his boys, who staffed the pub, would bring home holiday snaps with a difference i.e. pictured at work with their mates in places like Libya, holding Uzi's and AK47's.

After their old Da' shouted on his boys to come through from the back, the visitors were last seen running along the Clyde embankment and never came back while they were there.
Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby kirkyguy » Fri Jul 16, 2004 6:17 pm

Apollo this chap sounds lovely....perhaps this could lead to a new thread called.... Fav Gangsters....and then maybe we could make gangster trump cards..ive took this too far i think...i hate neds of all varieties...
kirkyguy
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Apollo » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:47 pm

He was actually. Might not be around any more, he had passed his 65 back then and last time I met him he had been visited by the Big C.

He wasn't on the gangster side though just because he was one of the hard men of the 60's. My innocent description of him would be as wearing a white hat, and not afraid to square up to guys in the black hat, for himself, family or friends.

I think if you were doing well back then, I think it was a case of eat or be eaten
Apollo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby lonewooolf » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:39 pm

The Gailes Lodge situated in Irvine in Ayrshire is a crackin' place to go for a meal or a drink.
Fantastic food and great service, bit pricey though, not too bad.
It's my regular :>
Follow The White Rabbit
Keep An Open Mind
lonewooolf
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Louis Theroux » Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:02 pm

What about the Kings in Irvine, apparently it is trying to attract the classier drinker these days.
Louis Theroux
Just settling in
Just settling in

PreviousNext

Return to Pubs / Clubs / Restaurants