The Station Bar

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Postby Fossil » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:56 pm

I was in that bar years back. great pint!

F
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Sunflower » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:24 pm

slow fade wrote:Its on Port Dundas Rd which is just West Nile Street if you keep walking up.

Thanks slow fade, and for the pic ID! (I like to have a personal intro to pubs- went into one just off Paisley Rd W once where all conversation stopped when the two of us got inside, it was just like an American Werewolf in London. Not the turning into a werewolf bit.

Hopefully whoever does take the place on will keep its individual style up and it wont become another ONeils or suchlike.

Let's hope nephew is of the continuing-a-good-thing disposition, not the now-I've-got-my-hands-on-it-and-can-do-a-total-transformation one.
Sunflower
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Strathclyde Police Pipe Band

Postby onyirtodd » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:57 am

onyirtodd wrote:
red_kola wrote:I like pubs where you know that, no matter what, nobody is going to turn up and start playing records loudly when it's obvious that the vast majority of the punters do not want to have to shout at each other to be heard.

They are an increasingly rare find...

Many years ago it was popular with members of Strathclyde Police Pipe Band.

Perhaps soon to be no more.

Letter from Rab Wallace, Principal of the College of Piping and member of The Whistlebinkies

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/edinbur ... 5390293.jp
238 to 127. All in all a good afternoon's work
onyirtodd
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: The Station Bar

Postby yourebarred » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:37 pm

Ach it changed hands a couple of years ago, they sacked all the great bar staff that I'd known since I was wee, and the place has gone downhill. There is maybe one ale on, and the clientele now includes a large number of thus call centre staff. Who are people too.
yourebarred
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Re: Strathclyde Police Pipe Band

Postby hungryjoe » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:55 pm

onyirtodd wrote:
onyirtodd wrote:
red_kola wrote:I like pubs where you know that, no matter what, nobody is going to turn up and start playing records loudly when it's obvious that the vast majority of the punters do not want to have to shout at each other to be heard.

They are an increasingly rare find...

Many years ago it was popular with members of Strathclyde Police Pipe Band.

Perhaps soon to be no more.

Letter from Rab Wallace, Principal of the College of Piping and member of The Whistlebinkies

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/edinbur ... 5390293.jp

Sorry, I'm not with Rab on this one. If he want's to play music in his spare time, that's fine. Why should cooncil tax payers subsidise his hobby?
Music is my hobby Rab, I subsidise it by working like a dog, playing gigs.
Multi dinero, multi ficky fick, multi divorce.
hungryjoe
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Rucola » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:38 pm

yourebarred wrote:Ach it changed hands a couple of years ago, they sacked all the great bar staff that I'd known since I was wee, and the place has gone downhill. There is maybe one ale on, and the clientele now includes a large number of thus call centre staff. Who are people too.

I associate its decline from the time when Greene King bought Belhaven and started pushing the likes of St Edmund and Abbot Ale. The beer's been dire since then.
Rucola
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby banjo » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:24 pm

the owner also has singers and alexanders in clydebank and has recently added the millhouse in partick to his portfolio.he has been tied in with what was bellhaven for years.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Pubs / Clubs / Restaurants