Best Kebab Shop

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Best Kebab Shop

Postby big jim » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:47 am

tobester wrote:Punkha Wala in Summerston shopping centre, its good.

but best not mention the jimmy incident ::): you aint local if you dont remember
the owners brother jimmy going at it with a chainsaw and of course the motor for a kebab scandal 8O
big jim
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Charlie Endell » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:12 pm

big jim wrote:

but best not mention the jimmy incident ::): you aint local if you dont remember
the owners brother jimmy going at it with a chainsaw and of course the motor for a kebab scandal 8O
Any chance of expanding? The other half stays in Summerston and I've meant to give the place a try (although I chickened out of going for a pint in the Scotch 8O ).

Real Spice in Old Castle Road has seen me right for the past few Fridays.

Haven't got one out of Persipolis in Battlefield in years but from what I can remember it was spot on.
Charlie Endell
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby Doorstop » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:37 pm

Aye .. I'd be interested in knowing the story behind that lot too.
I like him ... He says "Okie Dokie!"
Doorstop
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby big jim » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:49 pm

Charlie Endell wrote:
big jim wrote:

Any chance of expanding? The other half stays in Summerston and I've meant to give the place a try (although I chickened out of going for a pint in the Scotch 8O ).

Real Spice in Old Castle Road has seen me right for the past few Fridays.

Haven't got one out of Persipolis in Battlefield in years but from what I can remember it was spot on.

about 2 year ago when they changed the shop from a bric a brac shop, the owner jimmy decided to convert the shop himself without useing trades........... lets just say it was rank dodgey electrics, bogging, flooded 8O and i mean pools of water, no hygene certs or insurance and he was sleeping in there as well ......so council closed the place as soon as it opened about half hour to be honest :) then the guy jimmy started to freak out was going mental he put posters up in the windows calling asda murderers and praiseing the taliban and shit.......then he decided to take the doors off the shop and try and drive a bashed up crappy proton persona in to the shop to give away as a raffle prize buy a kebab and get a get a ticket and your chance to win a top of the range skip ::): ::): he even approached me wanting to valet it and give it a polish. :|

then to top it all off he then decided to cut a mains power cable that ran under the pavement for asdas trolly wheel locking thing that ran outside his shop with a chain saw 8O .......... so you can see why lots off peeps wanted the looney locked up cos he freaked his cabbage and got sectioned...... next time your in the shop youll see how the door is different and the damage on the kerb outside the shop :wink: its his brother and uncle that run it now so place is well ran and clean compared to jimmy the nutter`s idea of how it was meant to look, it was the talk of the summerston for a long time cos of his antics sure he threatened the lassies in the chippy as well but not 100% sure cos liz woulda taken him apart ::):

hope that gies ye a idea :) charlie your other half from the back or front scheme?
big jim
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Charlie Endell » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:44 pm

:P I'll definitely need to visit now - as long as Jimmy's safely locked away for his own protection.

Up the back off Broughton Rd.
Charlie Endell
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby big jim » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:48 pm

Charlie Endell wrote::P I'll definitely need to visit now - as long as Jimmy's safely locked away for his own protection.

ahhh back scheme burd ::): ::): posh totty ::):
big jim
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Charlie Endell » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:08 pm

big jim wrote:
Charlie Endell wrote::P I'll definitely need to visit now - as long as Jimmy's safely locked away for his own protection.

Don't know about that - she originally from Parkhoose. As the saying goes, you can tak' the lassie oot o' Parkhouse but ye cannae take Parkhoose oot the lassie ::): .
Charlie Endell
First Stripe
First Stripe

Postby big jim » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:23 am

Charlie Endell wrote:
big jim wrote:

Don't know about that - she originally from Parkhoose. As the saying goes, you can tak' the lassie oot o' Parkhouse but ye cannae take Parkhoose oot the lassie ::): .

::): so she swapped the machette for a lock back 8O ::): atleast its nice and quiet up in broughton rd

no like doon the front....were aw wild doon here :twisted:
big jim
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby vit c » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:09 pm

gotta be Istanbul on Paisley Road West.

mixed grill.. im hungry now.. might cycle down!
vit c
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby hungryjoe » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:55 am

Tandoori Express on Dumbarton Rd. at the Broomhill end. I've yet to try a kebab there but his curries are the best I've ever eaten from fast food place. It's run by a nice family too.
Multi dinero, multi ficky fick, multi divorce.
hungryjoe
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby micky_bhoy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:02 am

chicken tika kebab from singhs kitchen cumbernauld road glasgow the best I have tasted
micky_bhoy
Just settling in
Just settling in

Postby hungryjoe » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:40 pm

hungryjoe wrote:Tandoori Express on Dumbarton Rd. at the Broomhill end. I've yet to try a kebab there but his curries are the best I've ever eaten from fast food place. It's run by a nice family too.

Woe is me. The guy who ran it has sold it on, it's now Mediterranean Cuisine apparently.
Multi dinero, multi ficky fick, multi divorce.
hungryjoe
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby busdriver » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:53 pm

Everest Tandoori, Garrioch Road, Maryhill just behind the Tesco Car Park. their King Donner, piled high with meat well worth the price and best curries I've had in a long time.
Reguloj por la gvidado de sagxuloj kaj blinda obeemo de malsagxuloj.
busdriver
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Previous

Return to Pubs / Clubs / Restaurants