Derelict Glasgow at The Lighthouse 24 Jan to 4 Mar 2014

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Derelict Glasgow at The Lighthouse 24 Jan to 4 Mar 2014

Postby Vinegar Tom » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:52 pm

Probably one that should not be missed by HG folks ( I'm planning a visit on Saturday 1st if anyone else is interested in going along?) :

" From ancient times through to modern, mankind’s obsession with the beauty and poignancy of decay and ruin has long been documented. This decay is to be seen across all major conurbations and Glasgow is no exception. This is reflected in the project Derelict Glasgow.

Joe Shaldon of Derelict Glasgow has captured a broad range of images of derelict buildings in Glasgow, on show in this exhibition. Through this exhibition Derelict Glasgow seeks to draw the viewer in with the beauty and history the images portray and explore them in greater detail on their website.

Accompanying the exhibition will be the launch of the first book in a series of publications: ‘Derelict Glasgow: Vol. 1’, a photo journey through the author’s travels across the city portraying a wide range of old and new, listed and unlisted buildings with short writings examining the histories and backgrounds of each.

The exhibition is a collaboration between Bruce Newlands, a practising architect with a strong community interest and Joe Shaldon, Derelict Glasgow founder and author with a background in building surveying."

Glasgow ya bas!
Vinegar Tom
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Re: Derelict Glasgow at The Lighthouse 24 Jan to 4 Mar 2014

Postby KateB » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:06 am

I went yesterday, it was interesting but not as big as I was expecting, I think there were around 10 photos displayed. In addition there were 3 or 4 case studies printed out with more photos, and there was a slide show which had a lot of photos but it does involve standing for quite a while. There is also a computer set up so you can go to the website, but again there is no chair so it would involve standing while doing it. I think it is definitely worth a look, but not one to plan your day around perhaps :)
KateB
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Vinegar Tom » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:04 pm

10 photos! That is a bit disappointing as there are hunners on the guy's website. I'll still give it a go though.
Glasgow ya bas!
Vinegar Tom
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby KateB » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:45 pm

There's loads on the slideshow but I have bad feet (kept me out the army!) so I can't stand for that long before they start to hurt so I had to give up :)
KateB
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Return to Forum Archive