Glasgow Parks

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Glasgow Parks

Postby Bingo Bango » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:00 am

http://www.change.org/petitions/glasgow-city-council-drop-the-proposed-glasgow-park-management-rules-relating-to-unauthorised-gatherings-parking-and-animals

The list of points on this proposal are quite worrying, and bizarre in terms of how to enforce them. Hidden Glasgow walks would potentially need prior written permission if they go to a park, but I note there is no clause binding the director to a specific timeframe in which to grant permission or otherwise.

Also, the very definition in the first few points of where this proposed legislation would apply to seems to take in pretty much the whole of the town!
Bingo Bango
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby pamd » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:08 pm

I haven't lived in Glasgow for over 20 years. However, my childhood was spent enjoying Kelvingrove Park most evenings in the summer with my Family. I recently visited my sister, who has a flat overlooking the park (its very nice). In the evening, we took a stroll into the park, and walked all the way round. It was really lovely to see the park being enjoyed by so many diverse groups of friends and families. There was a boot camp training up and down the hill (the one in your pic above), a few guys practicing their tight rope walking (I kid you not), another couple climbing the trees (they were adults btw), a dog training group, a brass band and just loads of families having fun. It was fantastic. A long way from the scary park of the early 90s that was apparently full of druggies. Such a shame that these new rules will put an end to this fine mixture of folk just enjoying the outdoors with their friends.
My treasures do not ching together or glitter. They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night - Bedouin proverb
pamd
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby MungoDundas » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:24 pm

Rather strangely, was called to Peterson Park, Yoker/Knightswood on Saturday 11.6.16.
It has been marked up as a shinty ground .

A Glasgow/Argyll team were playing the English Shinty Association's traveling team.

Fair play to the occasional mixed English Team from London / Devon / Cornwall against
a week-in -week - out crowd but they did get beat - about 6 : 1 - ish by the local
hard-knock G-A crowd.

illustrative snap :
MungoDundas
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby banjo » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:17 am

used to be a hockey pitch there but is has been grassed over now.
banjo
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Previous

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects