Eight Points of Glasgow

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

Re: Eight Points of Glasgow

Postby Icecube » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:07 pm

I was thinking of the extreme points - as in the eight points - or more if it pleases.

e.g.
northern area

southern area

I don't think there will be any swimming or suicidal dashes across motorways invloved although the most easterly point lies on a canal and railway line. The Carmunnock point would be a good walk I think, fresh air good views etc.
Icecube
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Knightmare » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:29 pm

Sorry Icecube, But i'm really not getting this. I think everyone else is kiddin on they're gettin it...but they're really not!

As far as i can make out, i'm gonna be photographing a Electricity Tower, a fence post, two dugs humpin, a burnt oot motor, a sheep, a washing line full of knickers, an alky winchin his smack head burd and a nice hoose in Bearsden.

Its not great!! :?
Last edited by Knightmare on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knightmare
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Icecube » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:52 pm

Knightmare wrote:As far as i can make out, i'm gonna be photographing a Electricity Tower, a fence post, two dugs humpin, a burnt oot motor, a sheep, a washing line full of knickers, an alky winchin his smack head burd and a nice hoose in Bearsden.

Hidden Glasgow breed & butter Knightmare! ::):

My suggestion is only that, a suggestion, something to do and something that has probably never been done before [okay maybe because it could be deemed pointless] but even though the places in question might not be as spectacular as a Highland glen they most certainly are the current marches of the city of Glasgow and so might be relevant to people interested in the less well known parts of it.
Icecube
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Josef » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:07 pm

Icecube wrote:Hidden Glasgow breed & butter Knightmare! ::):

My suggestion is only that, a suggestion, something to do and something that has probably never been done before [okay maybe because it could be deemed pointless] but even though the places in question might not be as spectacular as a Highland glen they most certainly are the current marches of the city of Glasgow and so might be relevant to people interested in the less well known parts of it.

Yep, spot on Icecube.
Josef
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby floweredpig » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:37 pm

Knightmare wrote:Sorry Icecube, But i'm really not getting this. I think everyone else is kiddin on they're gettin it...but they're really not!

As far as i can make out, i'm gonna be photographing a Electricity Tower, a fence post, two dugs humpin, a burnt oot motor, a sheep, a washing line full of knickers, an alky winchin his smack head burd and a nice hoose in Bearsden.

Its not great!! :?
I think its a great idea.However what part of the city boundry is nearest to the city centre?
floweredpig
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Icecube » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:05 pm

The bridge over the Clyde next to Shawfield?
Icecube
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Fossil » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:52 am

Josef wrote:
Icecube wrote:Hidden Glasgow breed & butter Knightmare! ::):

Yep, spot on Icecube.

I think we were going to this a few years back. can someone ask Ronnie. Should be a good wee Sunday morning trip like HG days gone by.

Count me in

Fossil
Bum tit tit bum tit tit play yer hairy banjo
Fossil
-
-

Postby Knightmare » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:41 pm

I've been looking forward to updates on this one..................anyone???

Anyone????????

Anyone? :P
Knightmare
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby HollowHorn » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:01 pm

Fossil wrote:I think we were going to this a few years back. can someone ask Ronnie. Should be a good wee Sunday morning trip like HG days gone by.

We already did it, but is was the ancient boundary we followed & we only got a third of the way, if that.

Sorry for butting in, KN.
HollowHorn
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby floweredpig » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:13 pm

Knightmare wrote:I've been looking forward to updates on this one..................anyone???

Anyone????????

Anyone? :P
You are very much against this thread ,arent you?
floweredpig
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Knightmare » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:30 pm

Thought I'd come back to this thread because I was sure I saw a tumbleweed rolling across my screen!! ::):

Is there anybody alive out there????
Image :roll:
Knightmare
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Icecube » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:07 pm

I think you are secretly interested in this proposal Knightmare but are surpressing it because of some previous negative experience involving points - aka - sharp instruments, maybe a jag @ the doctors?

::):
Icecube
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Knightmare » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:01 am

Icecube wrote:I think you are secretly interested in this proposal Knightmare but are surpressing it because of some previous negative experience involving points - aka - sharp instruments, maybe a jag @ the doctors?

::):

Damn it...was it that obvious? I genuinely am interested to hear whats been happening with this, but my interest manifests itself in a belligerent fashion which i cannot control....think it might have been the jag at the Doctors! :o
Knightmare
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby BrigitDoon » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:03 am

Knightmare wrote:Thought I'd come back to this thread because I was sure I saw a tumbleweed rolling across my screen!! ::):

Is there anybody alive out there????

Bide yer time, young'n, still waiting to get the wheels back on. I can just about manage three miles at the moment.
UXB
BrigitDoon
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby Riotgrrl » Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:07 pm

Knightmare wrote:Think i'd rather spend the weekend smashing the ends of my toes with a plank of wood. :roll:

Sorry Icecube, this really wouldn't be my thing at all. We'll be photographing the city's best Prostitution spots next.

Besides... i think you'd be looking at a good £40.oo for petrol. :D

I'm quite up for photographing the city's best prostitution spots . . as it happens.
International general interest photoboard: http://photofit.proboards.com/index.cgi?
Riotgrrl
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

PreviousNext

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects