kind of related.....

Moderators: John, Sharon, Fossil, Lucky Poet, crusty_bint, Jazza, dazza

kind of related.....

Postby caine » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:07 pm

saw this, obviously the underground tunnels of Glasgow are a source of inspiration to everyone. :D

TECHNO BRINGS OUT THE 'CHILD' IN MOBY

MOBY is set to release a second album under his VOODOO CHILD alias.

The Voodoo Child imprint began when the star released an eponymous single under that name in 1991. The hard techno track proved to be a big club favourite. The first album, 'The End Of Everything' , was released in 1996. Now, according to soundgenerator.com, a second record, 'Baby Monkey', will be released next year, with a UK release set for February 2.

The 'Baby Monkey' concept was first thought of at an underground party in Glasgow in December 2002.

Moby recalls: "It was the last night of the European tour for '18', and to celebrate we went to an underground party in some abandoned railway tunnels. The DJ's were playing hard, sexy, straightforward dance music, and it was perfect.

"I was reminded of just how much I love hard, sexy, straightforward dance music, and when I arrived home the next day I decided to make a simple, straightforward dance record. Not an experimental record, not an avant-garde record, but a straightforward, underground, electronic dance record."
caine
Second Stripe
Second Stripe

Postby Jazza » Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:03 pm

8) I met moby backstage a T in the Park a few years back. Top bloke so he was, even though i had just fell into him after a few too many.

Signed an autograph by drawing a wee doodle of himself.

Tunnel parties sound like a top idea.
Eighty percent of success is showing up.
Jazza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Some Guy » Thu Nov 27, 2003 5:27 pm

BigCraig wrote:8) I met moby backstage a T in the Park a few years back. Top bloke so he was, even though i had just fell into him after a few too many.

Signed an autograph by drawing a wee doodle of himself.

Tunnel parties sound like a top idea.

We'll let you know about the next one then :wink:

Oh & http://www.theunit.info
Some Guy
Busy bunny
Busy bunny

Postby Pgcc93 » Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:46 pm

We'll let you know about the next one then :wink:

Oh & http://www.theunit.info[/quote]

Any chance of sticking us Hidden Glasgow dudes and dudette on the guest list? ;-)
Pgcc93
Third Stripe
Third Stripe

Postby subscience » Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:04 pm

hi bod & dario, this seems like a cool site, v interesting. Should b playing some tunes at the unit at new year, just getting thinks sorted at the moment but it should happen.

tom.s
subscience
Just settling in
Just settling in

Return to Hidden Glasgow Projects